Wednesday, February 09, 2022

FINALLY GETTING THEM!

 In APRIL last year, I gave a Tupperware Consultant 4 Tupperware lids that were broken, and a broken container for replacement.

APRIL people, way, way back in April last year.

And since then, I have been asking her "When am I getting my replacement lids and container?"

I think I've contacted her personally about 4 times and her mother (a friend of ours) once too.

I've heard the same or similar excuses the entire time.  COVID.  Lockdowns.  Red Light.  bla bla bla.


Fuck me, I could have swum to Australia to get those damn lids by now!


Anyway.  Last night I contacted a  different Tupperware Consultant here in Hamilton and guess what?

She can supply me with the lids TODAY.  YEP, today.  I am thrilled to bits.

And also damn annoyed that the first consultant seems to have done NOTHING to get me new lids.

It's not like she hasn't had TEN MONTHS to track down 4 bloody lids!

So, today I'm going to get me new lids, then I can use these buggers again:

ABOVE:  These lovelies will have lids by this afternoon.  YUS.  She might not be able to replace the little blue lunch box, but that's OK.

This morning Brylee is coming over to do some vacuming for me.

Lacy is coming over to do a load of rocks (or two), for me. 

I'm so thankful for all their help, my back does NOT tolerate vacuuming too well now.  And those rocks?  Nearly killed me yesterday.

But only cos of the heat.  I could have done more if it wasn't so hot and sticky.

Nice that the girls offered to help me today.  

Not forgetting the Bex has done, and does help me heaps as well.  😊

I'm just a bit lucky.  I really appreciate them so much.


Well!

Just got an email from the asphalt company officially outlining their options to remedy our driveway.

Contrary to what he said last week, he's now saying we have to either go with PaveCoat, which he will pay for... BUT only after we pay the remainder of the initial driveway cost!  
Bearing in mind the driveway is now fucked, and has a great big hole in it!

Or he refunds our deposit and literally walks away, leaving it up to us to sort out!  

WHAT A FUCKING WANKER.  That is NOT what he proposed last week.

He said he would rip it up and redo it, and we pay the remaining initial amount.

Or he engages the Pavecote man to paint over the driveway, making it LOOK BETTER.

I am livid.  I have just sent Stew 'Ks' latest offering.   He's going to hit the roof.

ABOVE:  11.30 am and Lacy has done like, 5 loads of rocks!

ABOVE:  Looking good!  Looking like we will need to buy in a small trailer load of bigger rocks to complete the job.  I just want it done now.

ABOVE: I thanked Lacy... by cooling her down.  😂😆😇  She loved it.

Barbara:  YES, we have the recording of our meeting with K from last week.  In triplicate.

1.50 pm:  I've not heard from Stew, which means he's bloody busy.  I will let ya all know what we are going to do about the driveway once we know ourselves.

So Stew is on a conference call ALL DAY, but he's had a chance to look at the email from 'K'.  He said we will have to reply to it tonight, once he's home.  Steve will be able to help us with it too.

I have also contacted another Asphalt Company, asking them to come out and quote to rip it all up and do it again.  So we know exactly what it will cost us, if we take our deposit back from 'K', and start again.



I CANNOT BELIEVE we have had yet another bum job done here.  Are we fucking jinxed or what?

9.34 pm:  Nice quiet afternoon here.
I made Stew and I a Rice and Chicken dish for dinner.

Then Steve, Bex and the boys called in for a swim.  I joined them.  It's about the only way to cool down right now.
Though last night I had a cold shower just before bedtime.  That did help too.

We are now just chilling out till bedtime.
Catch ya tomorrow.

23 comments:

  1. Tupperware......have given up on them totally. It’s not made like it used to be. I have containers from 40 years ago which are still going strong, yet more recent ones are rubbish. Same problem as you, I cannot get replacement lids from any Tupperware consultant. I threw them out and I now buy Decor containers (think they are a NZ company), they are fabulous and about an eighth of the price

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:26 AM

    If he refunds your deposit you could go with another firm which surely would be better than relying on a company that you have lost faith in to rectify the driveway. I know that is back to square one and you would have to research for another company and check their testimonials and references but would save your energy in fighting someone who has gone back on their word from last week - he has probably spoken to his accountant since then! Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't do anything until you speak to your Fair Trade tribunal and see what they say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who in their right mind would pay $10K for a effed up driveway to get a $4K seal coat on it????
    If you wanted to seal a disaster - just seal it yourself and keep the $10K.
    However - none of those options are going to work. They took an adequate driveway and created a disaster that needs fixing.
    It will cost far more than $10K to get rid of the mess they made and redo it. Get yourself a lawyer. This is not going to work out peaceably. And back up that phone recording all over the place so it does not get lost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris, don’t let him or his staff or affiliates do anything to your driveway, he is not to be trusted and you are better off not dealing with him anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:58 AM

    Ugh! Why is this not a surprise?!! Take your money back and go with another company. As Audrey says above, you're back to square one, but "Driveway Guy" is the kind of person you can trust about as far as you can throw him.

    Does Steve have any contacts through his company who could help you choose a more reliable paving company?

    So sorry this is still a problem for you and Stew.

    A Fan in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris put a review on their website. Be interesting if there are more reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nowhere on their website that allows you to leave a review. Funny that.

      Delete
  8. Faaark.... I would be BEYOND furious if I had that asphalt experience. OMG

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you still got the recording of your meeting with him? Can you confront him with that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wanker, how is that man in business still!! He needs to be reported for his shoddy business dealings to fair trading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Time to get a quote from someone else to rip up what he has done and to do the job properly. Send it to him & point out the Consumer Guarantees Act. If that does not get the desired outcome then take him to the Disputes Tribunal. No more pissing around.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12:25 PM

    I think I would take the check "for any and all monies" you've given them and walk away. These are very dishonest people. Good luck!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well that guy has come back around to his original horrible self.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my giddy aunt what a complete fuck up. He took on the job. He needs to be made (by law) to provide what he promised and quoted on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous3:20 PM

    Definitely needs to be made to restore the site to what it was, it will cost you a lot of money to remove that mess he has left behind!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wonder if it is the same type of Asphalt they were using on Transmission Gully. As they've ripped part of it up because water was seeping through. Any bloody wonder that's our white Elephant down here in Wellington. Shouldn't be laughing at your bad experience with those sort of people.

    Southgirl. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry that the Asphalt situation is still ongoing. What an absolute headache for you. I believe legal advice is warranted. Maybe the lawyer who helped you recently could help or if it’s not his area of expertise he could recommend someone. Not sure of the laws in NZ but where I live (NSW Australia) it is an offence to record a conversation unless all parties agree. I’m presuming if it’s the same in NZ you would have obtained permission. A lawyer could answer this for you though. You would be definitely protected at law and K cannot be trusted as he has shown a number of times. Good luck 🤞

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have you thought about getting a Robovac? We have a Roomba, actually one upstairs, one downstairs. Works brilliantly, and I just use my Dyson stick for little jobs. My back doesn’t cope with vacuuming either!

    ReplyDelete
  19. FAIR GO my friend FAIR GO.
    They will sort it and name and shame.
    Go get ‘‘em Tiger

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fair Go too BLARDY right …
    I have swum
    In my “pool” 3 nights now BLARDY refreshing all right 😂

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry to hear about all this trouble. Hope you can get it resolved somehow to your satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous5:34 PM

    I have had asphalt driveways and concrete driveways and I will go with concrete EVERY time. Perhaps you can get your deposit refunded and splurge the extra amount to have a really nice driveway installed. I always thought the asphalt looked janky and cheap not to mention smelly and messy and DOESN'T hold up. Concrete can even be pigmented with whatever color your heart desires, just looks so much more classier than asphalt. I realize you have already had that horrible asphalt installed but I say rip that crap out and spend the extra. I was OK with admitting that I'd made a mistake with asphalt and perhaps you just need to do the same? Life is short and getting shorter with every passing day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.