Wednesday, February 23, 2022

SHOPPING TODAY

 I've been wearing my 'walking' sneakers around the yard lately.

After yesterday's efforts digging out those posts I looked at me sneakers, and ...

ABOVE:   Me sneakers are not looking too flash anymore!  

They are starting to wear down on the soles as well. So today I'm going out to buy a new pair.

The old ones will be worn around here and the news ones ONLY FOR OUT WALKING.

Did you know that I've been wearing New Balance 880's for about 30 years now!  They suit my feet SO WELL... even brand new ones don't give me blisters!

Brylee made me proud last night.

She proved she learnt something from me finally...

ABOVE:  She made another Chicken Pie!   And she did a really good job of it too.

Proud mother moment right there. πŸ’œπŸ˜Š

It's a bit early to get up yet, so I might just roll over and catch a few more Zzzz's.

Catch ya later.


11.26 am:  Well I've been out and about, had a very successful morning.

ABOVE:  My new sneakers!  Purple... so perfect for walking with the FBG's.  We wear purple shirts.  AND I got $40 off them and a new pair of socks thrown in as well.
They are now in the Shoe repair place in town, getting a patch of leather put under the big toe area, as I lift my toes when walking.  That causes HOLES pretty quickly, hence the need for the leather patch.




After getting the shoes, I stopped in at Spotlight for a piece of fabric.  Like I don't have enough already right?
Sometimes ya just DON'T have the perfect colour that ya need.
For sure.

Now I am going to do some sewing.

I have been really concerned about 'Dye Transfer' on our new leather lounge suite.
We had that problem with a white lounge suite we bought when we lived in Auckland.

Because most of my tights/lower wear is black, I didn't want to run into that problem again!
So...


ABOVE:  I have made a seat cover for Stew's and my chairs.  The couch is fine, it's not sat on nearly as often as our chairs.
Now I feel comfortable still wearing my black tights/cycle shorts etc on the chairs.
The fabric is a really awesome match too, I already had it.  I just needed to get a light grey for the backing, which I did this morning.



It has been a very busy day what with one drama after another, but all will be settled soon. (daughters.... who'd have them? lol)

NOT the DRIVEWAY btw.

I've not heard back from them on what they intend to do.  They literally have one more day and then I'm taking it to The Disputes Tribunal.

It's 2.50 pm, and I just had my breakfast of muesli.  Nice one.

Covid numbers today?  3,297!  Yikes, that's a big number.  And remember, that's probably only HALF the number, as there are heaps of people who won't/don't get tested.

More changes coming tomorrow on the fight against Covid too.  I think the Government will be easing up on isolation times, who is classed as a 'close contact' etc.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

But for now, I'm done for the day.  It's been a goddam hot and miserable afternoon here.

7 comments:

  1. I love when you find a shoe that fits well! I like Saucony's but haven't ran in forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking pie Brylee
    Is hard finding a good pair of shoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh those are lovely shoes πŸ’œ hehe
    #LacyπŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shoes, I'm the same with Puma shoes. Never get blisters and never have to wear them in! If you think your lounge suite is a problem imagine how I feel... Our new Tesla we are getting next week has WHITE seats. Yes... while. Apparently they clean perfectly and look great but typical man needing the white ones... grrrrr.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shoes….and the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiwionholidays10:08 PM

    Love the shoe colour as well ,
    Lovely you get so much wear out of them

    Must make a note of the brand for winter
    Take care
    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find once you find a walking shoe that works there is not point in switching it up. Enjoy the new shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.