Sunday, February 27, 2022

MY NEW THINGEE

 Well, yesterday didn't go quite to plan.

Stew and I were going to work in the garden, but after visiting Mitre 10 and buying a new thingee, it took a while to get it put together.

So, the gardens got put on the back burner.

We'll no doubt get them done today.

But for now... here's what we bought yesterday, which Stew expertly put together I might add, with just a bit of help from our son Steve at the beginning:

ABOVE: Taaa Daaa!  A workbench with pegboard, and heaps of storage underneath.

We got the wrong size lids for the black boxes, so a trip back to Mitre 10 will happen this morning.

Other than that, it's so neat!  The drawer under the bench top slides all the way out too.  It's got all me bobbins and  cottons in use, along with various other bits 'n' bobs in it.  I love it!

It replaces the 'baby change table' that I had by the sewing machine.  I shall probably sell that, as there ain't no more babies coming our way!

ABOVE:  So, me new sewing space is all set up now, and ready for action.  Shame there's no rush to do any more sewing ... as we have no markets lined up for months yet.  If even this year!

Lucky I love sewing ... I'll still keep making stuff. 😊

ABOVE:  Lastly for now... there's our Marley, trying to be with Steve while he was helping Stew.  She's so damn cute!  She loves her Steve.

Right, catch ya later.


10.54 am:  We are definitely on the ball today.

Up and attem'.

I went down to Mitre 10 to switch out the boxes we bought yesterday.  They do no have lids! lol

Which means we 'stole' 6 lids from them.  😂😆


After that I went to Bunning and bought a laundry trolley.  

Then to the dairy for cream.  I'm making scones for afternoon tea.


OH!  We bought a boat today too!!!

ABOVE:  YEP.

It's freakin' cute as.  Probably end up in the rockery.

ABOVE:  So I ended up getting three clear boxes, and using two shallower boxes that I already had for that space under the bench top.

Now I just have fill them!  How hard is that gunna be?  Hmmm....

7.32 pm:   Been a while since I updated today!

We've been busy.  

Stew did the weeding and mowed the lawns.

Brylee has been moved out.

Steve helped Stew do that.

Bex and the boys came over, and once the men were back they had a swim.

I made cheese scones for afternoon tea:

ABOVE: They turned out amazing.  Everyone enjoyed them.

ABOVE: I decided to sell the Baby Change Table that I had been using in the sewing room.

Bex helped me post it for sale on Marketplace (Facebook), and I also did a public 'For Sale' post on my Facebook account too.

It sold in under 10 minutes!



FINALLY!  Back to just Stew and I for a week or so.  Then Lacy moves in.

But hopefully she will keep to herself primarily, and we hardly know she's here.

Time to sign off for the day.  I'm bloody tired.  It's been a busy weekend.

11 comments:

  1. I love your new workbench with pegboard! You are right... Marley is so very cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! We have one of those not being used in our garage…….. 😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:16 PM

    Wow what a brilliant idea. Looks like right height too. Scones sound yum. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  4. do I see a little Dory fish on your shelving???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do... Bex and the little boys gave it to me quite some time ago.

      Delete
  5. I never thought I'd actually want to go to Bunnings! I see a visit in my future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The workbench was from Mitre 10 chick.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like had a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. I put a coffee table on Marketplace last week and it sold instantly! It's a great way to sell something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have used Facebook marketplace since 2018 as a means of putting things in the hands of people who can use them. I have been (aggressively) cleaning out my house and my mother has been cleaning out hers. Most things I have listed for $1. Sometimes whole bundles for $1. I have sold expensive things for more too. I do contactless porch pick up. If things do not sell in a few weeks, I donate them to the resale shop. I have gotten rid of a lot of duplicate sewing supplies, fabric, books, household, appliances, furniture, etc. It has given me something to do and has actually generated a lot of $ because I have gotten rid of hundreds of things. I have sold big items for neighbors too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work bench! That's great you sold the changing table so fast!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.