Tuesday, February 01, 2022

CALM DAY

 Today is what I'm calling the 'calm before the storm'.

But hopefully we won't have a storm.

TOMORROW the asphalt guy is coming here to talk with Stew.

We've just heard that he's a real HOT HEAD.  No shit Sherlock.  I've already seen that for myself.

So, tomorrow might be stormy.

But then, 'K' ain't met my Stew yet!  lol

Stew is back at work today.  He's in Rotorua today.  It might be his last visit to the Rotorua office for a while. 

His business team is splitting into two, so there's always half the team at work, and half working from home.  That way if anyone gets the bloody 'rona', the office can still stay open.

So, it will be back to having Stew working from home on a bi-weekly basis soon.  It's just until Omicron has done it's worst, and life gets back to some sort of 'normal'.

My biggest fear is we get another variant of Covid-19 after Omicron!  This might never end.

Some kids start back at school today, Keera is one of them.  Dante and Archer start next Tuesday.  Bex is hanging out for that day I can tell ya!  

I'm looking forward to this weekend.  Mike and Joyce are expected for the long weekend (Yes, another long weekend!), and we will have Miss Muppet visiting too.

We just love it when we get more family visiting.

Much as we love Steve 'n' Bex, it is nice to see others too.


ABOVE:  THIS.  Made me laugh, cos I've actually done it.  

Have you?

Right, time to get a move on, I want to get outside before it gets too hot.



9.45 am:  Three loads of stones are now in the pond.  I've finally decided it's no longer going to be a pond.
It's just going to be part of the rockery.
No more water.

We have had some drizzle! Very nice I must say.

Taking a break for now.  I will go out again later and do some more.

The fake nails were becoming a pain in the arse.
Getting too long to type.  Hindering me day to day, like how the hell do ya pick up pins with fake nails?  
So, I cut them right back and they are workable again.
I'm not getting them back filled either.  I'm growing them out.
So they don't look hideous as they grow out, I did this:

ABOVE:  Slightly less hideous!  Just regular nail polish on the grown out bits, made to look like drips.  Works for me.  I'm hoping as they grow out the existing splits in my nails will grow out too.

I just fed the two goldfish I have in the big fish bowl.
The girls finally noticed them!

ABOVE:  Coco was like, MEH... it's just fish.
Marley?  OMG so inquisitive.  

ABOVE:  She's really intrigued by them.  Came and sat by me, but kept looking back at the fish... as if to say, what the hell are those?
So damn cute.
I'm gunna have to keep an eye on her till she gets used to them now.  She keeps going back and looking at them.

ABOVE:  And.... before I forget again... HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Liam.  Nine today.  Getting BIG!

OMG, I am being so lazy!  Sitting here watching Netflix, just started watching 'The Woman In the House Across The Street From The Girl In The Window'.  It's a bloody mouthful eh?
I'm already at Episode 3.  Might be binge watching it now.

3.30 pm:   Brylee and our cousin Danielle came over for a swim.  Put their feet in and squealed like girls (just joking), but yeah.  Too cold for them!!!
Crazy girls.  It's still hot outside.

I decided to make myself a 'WORDLE' HELP SET.  You can probably buy them?  I don't need to obviously.

ABOVE: This works for me so much better than scribbling possible words down on paper!
I got today's word in 3 tries.  I'm very proud of myself, it's the best I've done so far.
I've only played 4 times so far, but I do believe it's going to become an obsession!  

4.50 pm:  And gosh I'm having an excellent day!

I've now taken 6 loads of stones and dumped them in the NOT POND, now rockery.
I've done a grocery shop.
And I've fixed a garden ornament.

I'll show you that tomorrow, once the glue has dried and it can go back up.

Dinner is going to be Beef Schnitzel and baked potatoes, with coleslaw.

8.55 pm:  Dinner is done, it was yum!  Time to wind down for the day.
Catch ya tomorrow.

16 comments:

  1. Oh that will be nice to have all the kids over again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched a video on FB. A big huge semi truck honked at a guy for not going 1 second after the light turned green. The "honked at guy" immediately jumped out of his car with the radio blaring and danced wildly in the street until the light changed back to red!
    Good luck with the asphalt. Be sure to ask what the benefits of sealing a driveway are. Then show them the e-mail where they said all the BAD things are NORMAL. Because I assume that will contradict whatever the benefits are. Does that make sense?
    Benefit to sealing a driveway: Get rid of annoying pebbles in your shoes/bare feet.
    Problem with Sealed Driveway: Annoying pebbles in your shoes/bare feet.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:34 PM

    Oh Marley made me laugh. So funny. Dogs are so inquisitive. If only they could speak. Good luck with the hot head tomorrow. I'm sure he'll take a step or two back lol. Pity you didn't have a reporter in the family writing notes. What an idiot he is. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honk and I will suddenly remember something I need and leave my car.
    Good luck with the asphalt dude. Maybe you could wire Stew up so we can hear it later!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM going to try and voice record him on my phone! Backup you know.

      Delete
    2. Good luck with the asphalt man. I will be thinking of you. The facts will be in front of him so I hope he is reasonable.

      Delete
  5. Far out all the little ones are growing up fast!! Best of luck with the twat asphalt man 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty lazy too today. I found the archive website for Wordle and am working my way through! 100% so far. I might try that series you are watching!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pic of Liam!
    I was going to say I had never heard of that show - then I went to NETFLIX and WALLAH - it is #1. Ok, I may need to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not #1. Top 10. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Wordle set :-). Just FYI, you can have 2 of the same letter in a word so you might need a second set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that makes it even harder!!! Dang.

      Delete
    2. Oh and how the hell would ya know if there were say, 2 'e's in a word?

      Delete
    3. You don't! I originally thought there was only one letter each used but no... lots of double ups!

      Delete
  10. Yes I got today in 3 goes with wordle too

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’ve only done wordle twice second go 3 tries so pretty pleased.
    Hard day at the office today need a break and soon!
    Good luck tomorrow

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.