Friday, February 11, 2022

MORNING TEA

 All going to plan, I'm heading over to Cambridge to play ladies for morning tea.

lol

It's part of our FBG BINGO CHALLENGE, to invite a couple of FBG friends to morning tea.

So, I threw out an invite to whoever wanted to come yesterday afternoon.

I have no idea how many will turn up.

Last time I looked there were at least a couple coming.

So, that will kill me morning.  Excellent.

It's hard to fill the days when doing ANYTHING is an effort in this heat.

Rocks getting moved did not happen yesterday.  It was just too damn hot and humid.

Stew and I will no doubt get them done over the weekend.

If it's not too hot today, once I get home I want to pull the ornamental grasses out of the rockery and put them in other parts of the garden.  That way we can spray weed killer all around the rockery to keep weeds at bay, without killing actual plants. There's a couple of begonias that sprung up out of nowhere in there too... so they also need to be moved.

They can go in a pot.

Right, I'm off.  Stuff to do before I go over to Cambridge.


1.25 pm:  I just got home!
I decided to tick off a couple of the BINGO FBG CHALLENGES today.
So, I left home by 8 am, did a Challenge walk, then had morning tea with two FBG friends.
After that I hot footed it over to St Kilda and did a Challenge walk there too!  It was a shorter walk than the one 8.20 am one.  I'm rather tired now!

ABOVE:  First walk... approx 5 km.  It was quite nice, not too hot.  I stopped and had a nice chat with the lady who owns the house above.  She's done such an amazing job of landscaping her new home!  He son-in-law designed the home itself, as it had to fit on a narrow corner section.
LOL.... I just looked at the map... I did more than I was supposed to on that one!


ABOVE:  My morning tea companions, D and S.
We enjoyed our time together.

ABOVE:  I was really impressed with how they served the 'Curly Fries'.  D and I ate some, and the rest went home with S for her son.

The coffee shop in situated 'within' a Garden Centre...

ABOVE:  I absolutely LOVE how their bathroom is accessorised!  Very fitting.  And funky.

After leaving the coffee shop, I went over to St Kilda to do a shorter walk to complete my 'Walk 2 Sections in 24 hours' Challenge.
It was raining.  SO PERFECT for me!!!

ABOVE:  Pfffft.... I didn't have a map for any of the 3 St Kilda sections, so I used an old one and just adjusted it a bit.  It will do.

Now I'm home and thinking about lunch.
Feet up, taking a rest after my busy morning!

3.20 pm. I just did ONE load of rocks from the back yard to the pond area.  Nearly did me in! I won't try doing another, I'm  dripping in sweat. Ikkkk.

5.23 pm:  Its still raining!  So refreshing.

ABOVE:  Griffin just popped in on his way up to Auckland.  His girlfriend is moving to Tauranga, and he's helping her.
It was neat to have a good catch up with him, he's doing well out there in the big, bad world.
We are very proud of how well he is doing.

ABOVE:  Brylee.  Ahhh what to say about Brylee?
She's still on ACC due to her shoulder injury.  It's an ongoing process trying to sort the shoulder out.
She's now lost her job as she simply can't do it, and they didn't want her there in case her shoulder dislocated at work.


Not only that, she's having problems at her current flat.  Clash of personalities AGAIN.  So she is moving here until she finds somewhere else.
There's a possibility she can move into the flat Griffin is in.  We will explore that option over the weekend, and once Griffin is home on Sunday night.

Dinner this evening might be franks in a pasta mix... or takeaways.  It's up to Stew, I abdicate the kitchen to him tonight.

Stew opted for takeaways, so we went to The Base Food court and had KFC.  Very quiet there this evening.
As we were leaving we ran into...

ABOVE:  Our two grandkids Emily and Liam, with their Dad Andrew. 
So of course we spent a bit of time yakking, and Emily took some 'selfies', so I did too.

It is fair pissing down now... it's WONDERFUL.

Right, that's me for the day.  Time to just blob out in front of the telly.  
Catch ya tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Our ducted air conditioning has been on "auto" for a few weeks now. Kicks in when the temperature gets above 22 degrees. Otherwise we'd all be melted into a puddle. It's been so sticky and wet here for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you put an extra mattress on the floor in your sewing room so you guys can sleep where the air conditioning works? Just tip it up during the day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work chick walking and socialsing is your good button keep it up 👍 weather has cooled here thank goodness FRIDAY 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:38 PM

    Love those bathroom pics Chris. Is Griffin still with gf he had in Auckland? You've had a huge day. Rest tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You asked for rain you got it lol
    Lovely photos, of Griffin Liam and Emily.
    Hopefully Brylee settles soon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a busy day! Hopefully the rain cools things off. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that was quite the busy day! Glad you finally got some rain!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.