Saturday, February 05, 2022

EARS

 Coco has had an ongoing ear infection for about two years.

I've had her on antibiotics, steroids and ointments for her left ear for all that time.

NOT once did the Vet suggest cutting all her ear hair off, to give it a chance to ventilate and breathe. 

Since her last groom, when I got the groomer to cut off ALL her long ear hair... guess what?

ABOVE:  Her ear is almost 100% better!  The left ear's skin, right out to the outer most part of her ear was a deep red colour, now?  Almost the same as her right ear.  I'm so relieved. And she's not in any pain now.

I'm quite annoyed that Coco has had to endure so much pain for so long, when it was an easy fix.  Stew reckons the Vet just liked charging us continually for all the medications. 💩😒

Today Stew and I will be working on the back yard again.  We hope to get a big load of rubbish to the dump as well.

But first, Stew is going to Mitre 10 for some new work boots... for working in the garden.
Then I get to crack the whip... but not really cos I can't find me bloody whip.  😂😅😊

Stew bought me one as a JOKE present many years ago... don't know when I last saw it.  Many moves ago no doubt.

ABOVE:  Just something that I read and liked.



11 am:  Well we haven't accomplished much so far today.

Stew has new work boots, they look like walking boots!  Very nice... almost too nice for working in the garden.

I also got a couple of things, just new knickers and a swim top.

Now that we are home it's time to do some proper work.  At least until the heat gets too much.

We are supposed to get a high of 32 degrees C today.  Add the humidity to that and it's actually unbearable.

12 noon:  I just finished doing something I vowed I would NOT do.



ABOVE:  I got down on my hands and knees with a chisel, and I hacked off all the ragged asphalt at the front door, and I cleaned the tar off the tiles with petrol.

Friggin 'K' should have done that, AT LEAST 2 months ago.  I'm really angry now.

But at least it's not looking so awful right now.  Wish I'd done it sooner, but I really thought he would have done it, instead of just leaving it looking so horrible.


ABOVE:   In front of the garage door... I'd LOVE to chip it back, and tidy it up.  But it will be a cold day in hell before I do it!

As we are 100% certain we want it all ripped up and done again, I think we will leave that for him to do.


ABOVE: We had a humongous pile of rubbish around the back to take to the dump.  Stew has packed it into the trailer so expertly, it looks like we will only have one load!  He's just got some old timber to lay on the top and he's good to go.

Excellent work darling.


ABOVE:  3 wooden posts, 1 metal post and a shit load of stones to remove, then it will be ready to have some topsoil on, then grass seed.

Maybe in a month or so?

It is now 2.10 pm, down tools time.  Not that I've done much today!  But I have done all I want to do.

Soon it will be POOL TIME.

8.37 pm:  Whoops, forgot to update all afternoon.

Stew got all the rubbish to the dump in one go.

Steve, Bex and the boys arrived for a swim.

Then Stew and I also had a swim.  It was so necessary to cool down.

Virtually NO SUN today, but still stinking hot.

We are supposed to get rain tomorrow, then for the next week!  Gosh I hope so.

I've had a sick headache this afternoon... Stew cooked our dinner this evening.  What a man.

Now we are just relaxing, heading off to bed early tonight.  My headache is not really budging sadly.  It's totally due to the heat for sure.

RAIN.   BRING IT ON FFS.

9 comments:

  1. I agree, your vet should have said something about ear hair contributing to dogs with chronic ear infections. It happens a lot with breeds where the ears hang down instead of being up all the time. Has it been the same vet this whole time?

    I think I might remember that the last couple years, you have used a wide variety of groomers because of moving and Covid shutdowns. And you have had trouble getting them in regularly.

    It is possible that prior to two years ago your groomers were taking care of her ears regularly. This sounds cruel, but depending on the breed, sometimes the answer is pulling the ear hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same Vet. Have pulled inner ear hair on occasions. That didn't make any difference.

      Delete
  2. Well. That's that. Coco needs to have short ears from now on!
    I like your little "blurb". It works for so many situations. Including my wrist that moved another few degrees today!
    But yes. It's much better and more doable than doing nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:43 AM

    Rain has come in Wellington. Good for everyone's gardens but I'm hoping my succulents don't flood. Might go window shopping. Drugs for dizzy have kicked in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need the entire driveway dug up including what was underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Team Harvey 👏 👍 started raining here whilst we had a girls lunch only 7 hours long happy days 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:09 PM

    It's been seriously hot here all week. Either that or I've hold the longest hot flushes ever. Been raining buckets today so a lot cooler but still warm. Must be the longest time of hot sunny days we've had for a long time. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  7. The yard is looking good! I've done 10 minute clean ups a lot in my life, set the timer and GO! It works good when things seem really overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.