Thursday, February 03, 2022

PLANTS ... AND SQUEALS!

Lacy left her succulent plants here while she was moving.

I put them out the back among my mint plants.



Yesterday Lacy went and checked on them and found them looking a little bit worse for wear.

She took me to task about it.

So I said "You dropped off babies and I didn't kill them... don't expect me to keep ya plants alive!  I don't do plants!

We had a right laugh over it!  Brylee I swear, nearly wet her pants.

SQUEALS!!!

Today our new lounge suite arrives.

It took me several phone calls to Nick Scali before nailing them down to delivering it today.

They were trying to say it was coming down from Auckland to Hamilton today, but not delivered to our home until next week 'sometime'.

Fuck that!   I wanted it delivered HERE today.

And I got them to do it.

So... I fully expect a phone call from the delivery man sometime this morning with a ETA for TODAY.

So excited.  I am 100% positive this will be our LAST lounge suite.

From memory, we have had ... about TEN lounge suites over the past 35 years!

And most of them have been given to family members over the years. 

And let's not even try to remember how many single lounge chairs we have given away, plus homeware, beds, drawers, kitchenware, linen etc etc etc.

So.  This morning I'm going into Nick Scali to get some Leather protector stuff.  I don't think we got any when we ordered the lounge suite. And that should be put on before use I'm sure.

I also want to get a Swiss Ball... to do squats at home against a wall.  I DESPERATELY need to strengthen my legs and knees.

And lastly, some more of this stuff:  

ABOVE:  My FBG friend Christine H gave it to me.  It's AMAZING!  I had very dry feet and cracked heels.  Since using this cream, my feet and heels are soft and smooth again, and no cracks on my heels!  I am never going to stop using it.

ABOVE: Bex finally got around to cutting the boys hair.  They were looking like sheep.   I know how it feels 'having' to do kids hair.  I did my 8 kids plus Stew's for YEARS.

Not that Bex can't take them to the hair salon/barber of course. They just choose to do it themselves.  She was just putting it off as long as she could.

OK, it's time to get a move on.  Catch ya later.



11 am:  I just can't get moving today!
No energy, yet I slept well all night.
I've done some ironing.
Watching After Life on Netflix.  It's bloody slow as f*#k.
Does it ever get interesting?  Or should I stop watching it now?

I will go out soon to get those things on me list.

The furniture isn't due till 'sometime' this afternoon. 😕😖  Why can't anyone give you even an approximate time?
Like, we all love just sitting around the house waiting for 'sometime' to happen right.

Actually, I feel crabby as f*#k today.  No idea why.  Sorry.

ABOVE:  Got a ball. Got the cream.  The leather protector stuff in coming with the lounge suite.
So is my receipt of payment, which I've been asking for since last Saturday.  I find that weird, you cough up thousands of dollars and they don't give you a receipt straight away

Just another thing to bug me I suppose.

Have you ever heard of SAD?  Seasonal Affective Disorder?  I think I have it in reverse.  Look it up, I can't be bothered explaining it.



I just want cooler weather NOW.   I felt like passing out in Farmers just before, I was suffocating with my mask on.  And it's not even a super hot day today.  wtf

3.50 pm:  



ABOVE:  Can YOU see new lounge furniture?
Yeah.
Me neither.
Starting to wonder if it will arrive today?

ABOVE:   SIX THRITY!!!!  It finally arrived at 6.30 pm.  Those poor men had been working since 6.30 this morning, and they had three more deliveries to make this evening before they could return to Auckland!

ABOVE:  Unpacking...

ABOVE: All the packaging we have to take to the dump!

Now, I would show you the new suite, I know you too have been waiting all damn day!
But... I'm gunna be a right tart and show you.... TOMORROW!

Sorry!  

12 comments:

  1. Lovly photo of the boys. Exciting new suite arriving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:23 AM

    No one understands the words Customer Service any longer. Drives me nuts. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked "After Life". Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:02 PM

    I enjoyed "After Life" and thought Ricky Gervais was excellent. Dependent on dialogue and not action so if you like live theatre you would like it but if like my husband enjoy action movies more you probably will find it slow. Keep persevering for a bit longer. I'm hoping 2nd series of "Raising Dion" is as good as the first. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I hate action movies usually.

      Delete
  5. I know what you mean about the weather & masks, I really struggle with this heat & having to wear a mask is so har when it is this hot.

    Try "Maid" on Netflix, it is quote good, also "Why Women Kill".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sent you a photo to try and brighten your day 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new lounge suite 🙄. Hopefully it’s turned up by now snd you won’t be sitting on the floor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kiwionholidays9:13 PM

    One descriptive word
    YAY ✔️💯
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m with you with the heat and masks. My face is a mess from wearing mine for work.

    I was waiting to see your lounge, catch you tomorrow 😘

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was mean! Proven so by the cranky kitty pic. Ah well, i suspect we will be seeing it soon enough! I hope you LOVE it and there are no problems. At least the delivery truck didn't fall through the driveway! haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow 6:30pm! That's a long day of work for them and for you waiting!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.