Friday, February 18, 2022

I'M A DICK

 For the past few days I've been suffering from a nasty headache.

Like right between my eyes, and radiating back to the top of my skull.

Made worse when I stand up.

Then it hit me.

FAArk, I've been forgetting to take my medications.

For about 5 days by the look of it.

WHOOPS!

That means my blood pressure is no doubt up, hence the headache.

And yeah, my blood sugars too.

The reason this happened was because I started leaving my pill box above the fridge, so kids couldn't get into it.

Bad move, cos then I forgot them.

ABOVE:  They are usually right in front of me on my computer desk.  I think they have to go back there.

As for kids, well the only young one I need to worry about isn't here that often. So I think it's safe to put them back on me computer desk.

I'm sure to remember when that kid is here to put them up.  I'm too much of a worry wort not to.

ABOVE: The last time Stew worked from home, he was in the lounge.  Now that's not possible due to the change around in there.

So he's in the dining 'room'. 

It's a lovely space, he can look out at the road, who's coming and going, and he's got a nice cooling window right beside him too.
Not to mention his lap dog.
She's loving having Stew home during the day.

I am up extra early this morning as I'm heading over to Cambridge for an FBG walk.  I hate getting up early, but I've promised myself that I will do at least ONE walk over there every week.

I am loving the new concept walks .... today's walk will be the 2nd one.


10.20 am.
Today I woke up at 4.30 am.  And that was it.  I kept clock watching, making sure I didn't sleep in and miss my walk!
Sure makes for an early start to the day.

I'm happy to say I got over to Cambridge with half an hour to spare!

So... I watched the sun rise:



Then everyone arrived for our walk.  I think there were about 12 of us, maybe a couple more?
It was a great time to be walking, not too hot yet.

ABOVE: I did 3.13 kms in my 40 minutes, which is about the same distance I did on the 1st 20/20 walk, just slightly less.
There will be another one next week, which I am certainly looking forward to.

After the walk, a few of us went to a local coffee shop to re-hydrate and yak.

ABOVE:  Just a beautiful morning with lovely friends.  

After that I stopped in at the Fish Van and bought some Salmon Dip.

ABOVE:  I was luckily the first person there, waiting for them to open.  

And now I'm home, and Stew and I have had crackers, cheese and salmon dip for morning tea.
Poor Stew was on a Zoom call when I put his crackers in front of him.

Then he had to sit there, talking to staff, while sniffing the dip!  hee heeeee hee.


DEE:  shit sorry! I felt quite yuk after my walk.  I lay down and tried to have a nap, but that didn't work.
So I've been replying to quite a few people who have commented on the state of my driveway, I put some photos on Facebook.  Lots of ideas and suggestions.

It's just been a very quiet afternoon really.

Steve, Bex and the boys came over for a swim and stayed for dinner.

We all chipped in and got Chinese Takeaways.

Now we are just sitting around yakking about life in general, and FUCKING COVID.
Today's numbers were 1,929!

Getting scary high numbers.  

Again, sorry I totally forgot to update!  

Right, that's me day done.  
I'm going to have a nice quiet evening with Stew.
Catch ya tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Just as well that man loves u to bits you big tease salmon dip yum yum....in twizel there is a local bar and Mike makes Salmons balls they are delish must get some next time im down there Anzac weekend long time to wait mind u so much going on in my head lately guess next time i blink I'll be home again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiwionholidays1:01 PM

    Fabulous pics looks like a brilliant day ๐Ÿ‘Thanks for sharing them feels like we are there with you on your travels ,
    Good on you getting out and about so early before the heat n having great company too
    Jealous much of you salmon dip

    BCk to our Reno’s n each day looks lovely as we are at the painting stage now so lovely fresh canvas to start out again

    Hope the drive way is sorted soon and nice Stew is there for work too,

    Take care
    Cheers ๐Ÿฅ‚

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lovely day, glad you got out for a walk.

    With your pills, try setting an alarm to remind you to take them :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a good excuse for no updates ๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's speads sooo quickly. We just got out of 12 days quarantine (QLD) as my kids (24 + 18 + 17) ended up with it when they went back to work. Managed to dodge it during the peak over the Christmas period. Not sure how I managed to not get it but they stayed in their rooms until they got a negative result with room service deliveries. Was very grateful for 2 bathrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excuse accepted Chris. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Sounds like the driveway saga could take some time to get sorted out unfortunately

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.