Tuesday, May 19, 2015

STEWY vs. GRANDDAD

Dante has refused, POINT BLANK, to call Stew anything but 'STEWY' ever since he could talk.
We kept telling him to say 'Granddad' but he refused.
No amount of cajoling worked.  His Granddad was STEWY.

Then last night, while I was out (how typical) he decided out of the blue, to call him GRANDDAD!  And apparently he said it perfectly.

He told his Daddy "I no say Stewy now, I say Granddad"... oh I wish I'd been there to hear it.

Maybe he will say it for me today?  

My block from last night:


 ABOVE:  Bow Tie block.  I'm really happy with it, and plan on making another one in the next few days, plus the other block I made last night that was a bloody disaster.  Ikkk colour combo and I got the technique stuffed up.


ABOVE: Archer @ 13 days old with his Granddad last night.  We get so many cuddles, it's really lovely.

Now... I'm off to get some washing on, and later on plan trains with Dante while Bex takes Archer for his hearing tests in Papakura.

ONWARD...

So far the day has gone as planned.  Baby Archer got an excellent result with his ear tests, so that's awesome.
Dante was a dream child while his Mummy was out.  I got to hear him say "Granddad" too.  So cute.

I've started stressing about weigh in again ... stupid really.  It will be whatever it is.  I've been fairly good all week, so hopefully the scales are kind tomorrow.

I keep looking at me marbles!  There hasn't been much movement in the past two weeks.  It seems such a huge amount to move over!  Time drags.  I want it (30+) kilos gone NOW.  At least this time around I feel very confident I can do it and be a much happier size by NEXT summer.

I've got a lovely beef stew in the crock pot for dinner tonight.  It smells delish.  Not long till the kids get home from school.  The day seems to be going quite fast.  

End of Day:  just had an awesome spa with half the family....and now winding down till bedtime.
nite nite

5 comments:

  1. beautiful Archer... making my ovaries tweak lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The marbles are moving in the right direction and you know perfectly well it is going to take time. You are doing great, don't get disheartened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Dante! Not many people get to call Stew Granddad. He's part of an elite bunch of people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One marble at a time!! I totally understand your headspace, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 13 days already? Time sure goes by fast!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.