Monday, April 12, 2010

MILFORD BEACH

Here's a few photos from yesterday's visit to Milford Beach:

Like a twit, I wore a long dress to the beach! So had to hike it up constantly... the water was lovely too. It was low tide so not as pretty as it could have been... but still a nice beach.


ABOVE: this house was for sale... right on the beach... *drool*... Stew and I so want to end up living by the beach!


ABOVE AND BELOW: a card I made yesterday... it's for a birthday coming up soon....I put Stew's cellphone in the picture so you can see the card size.
Today... well the 'fix it' guy is coming back to fix our carpet... and put the doors back on etc. And I am going to leave Stew and the kids to it and go to Sylvia Park to meet up with a blogger who is up from Wellington ( got that wrong, she's from Tauranga)! Neat eh? Just me, no kids! AWESOME.

ABOVE: Natalie from Tauranga.. what a lovely girl! We hit it off ... must have! We yakked for almost 4 hours! I WAS in the photo, but it was a freaking awful one of me, so I cropped me out! lol.... we can all take a bloody awful photo sometimes eh? Natalie looks lovely though, which is nice.

Now that I am home it's time to do some housework... yaaaa. Can you just hear the enthusiasm?

ONWARD.....

RATS!.... OK now I don't want to live at Milford Beach! (read Tracy's comment) lol

End of Day: another day done and dusted. Had a lazy afternoon doing... NOTHING! Yes, I can do nothing sometimes! nite nite.

17 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:02 AM

    Good for you!! Time to enjoy yourself!! hope you have a great afternoon! Love the beach photos. Had to smile at you hiking your dress up...why did you wear a dress to the beach?? Your cards are just great!! ...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHHHHHHH that beachhouse just divine imagine drinkies ont he deck looking out over the water CONSTANT trips to and from the waters edge glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy. I lov the beach but never get there. Once but I love your pictures cause they take me there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy that, won't you. Make the most of it while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely pictures. I do not ever get to the beaches but with your pictures I get to go there. Your package is on its way tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:21 PM

    I think you are officially a cardy-ologist! Making cards from the heart! Did you find out how much that house is? I will win lotto, buy it and you can come and visit ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pic of you hiking up your long skirt. And look. Your grandson's hiking up his shorts too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If it is any consolation, you wouldn't want to live near Milford Beach, they have a major rat problem at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool cards, I just wish crafting was a bit cheaper, I had a field day at spotlight at the weekend, so much to see and buy....glad we are very deprived with shops lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. The beach looks lovely...and you look happy! Now I have read Tracy's comment I wouldn't want to live in that house like I was going to say! lol I love all your crafty stuff. A lady is going to start teaching all sorts of arty stuff here in Strahan which I am very excited about....I want to learn mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How much was that house? I don't care about the rats!

    Was there groovy rock pools at the beach? Any Pauas?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks as though you had a very lovely and relaxing day. And yes, it is okay to do nothing some days.... my gosh, you make me tired reading your blog because you are always doing something!!!! LOL And Jeff and I want to live by the beach when we retire, only it will be in Florida!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely day to head to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like the water is warm there. Even in the summer, your feet would freeze after a second in our freezing Pacific Ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The beach looks awesome! I'd love to live by a beach someday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rats ick but it's still beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You would just need to get a couple of giant cats that love killing rats!!! fixed!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.