Saturday, May 31, 2008

WHERE TO START?

THE DOCTOR'S: All went well I suppose... hateful procedure... done and dusted. When I finally get my hysterectomy I will also be be having a bit of a 'repair' job done on the 'nether' regions at the same time... heee heee, new fanny for me!

TRIP TO WELLINGTON: was neat, stopped at Otaki for brunch and to get Stew a new suit to replace one that was defective.... arrived in Wellington around 1.30 pm to a glorious day:



Here is Stew and the Flat Stanley from the USA at the top of the Cable Car Lookout... this is a fantastic view of Wellington Harbour and City.
This was a lovely big boat in the harbour. The water looks just beautiful.


Here are the Flat Stanley's checking out The Beehive, our Parliament Building... this is where all our Politicians meet to decide how to run the country (Like they listen to us, who put them there!)....

Here is a view of some homes in Wellington... this city is built on many hills and valley's, so lots of the homes are teetering on the side of steep hills.... IKKY!

Here is Stew and the Flat Stanley's checking out the view on the top of a VERY high hill overlooking the Kapiti Coast ( about 1/2 an hour out of Wellington City)... we are on the North Island of New Zealand, and in the distance you can see the South Island of New Zealand! The strip of water seperating the two islands is called The Cook Strait.

On the top of this same hill were Hang-gliders (4) having a great time.... NO THANK YOU!!! It is a long long way down!
While in Wellington Stew and I did lots of walking, shopping, eating out.... OH MAN...if you are ever in Wellington and want an awesome meal with AMAZING service do try out : Crazy Horse, The Steak House at 129 Willis Street!!! I can HIGHLY recommend them.
We really enjoyed our time away together... we DID NOT play 'Doctor'.... ha ha ha!
We are now safely home, Steve has been thanked profusely and been given a wee gift (him and Mike needed a teapot!).... the kids are well and happy so he did a good job.... he even took them to the Circus on Friday night. What a nice guy.
Just to prove I did have a good time:

Right, now that I am all caught up on me blog... I might think about reading a few .... later. For now it's relax time.... our Open Home this weekend is on Monday (it's a holiday)... so tomorrow is not going to be so rushed.
END OF DAY: tired but happy.
NSV: well not too many, but I am happy to say I have not pigged out this weekend at all... just eaten like a 'normal' person, stopped when I felt full.... so in fact I didn't eat everything in front of me.... this is progress. nite nite.

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like you managed to pack alot in a little time... awesome!!!!
    Well what did you buy.... those bags mean nothing to me as I dont know the shops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful mini break. What a pretty place. Your photos are great. Must get to NZ some day.

    Had to laugh at the name of the restaurant. The Crazy Horse is a strip club here in Adelaide - hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Tina on this one - I remember the strip club in Adelaide named the Crazy Horse.

    Good to read that you had some fun

    Kim and Erynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, Crazy Horse is an Indian Chief LOL!! Sorry to disappoint you guys.

    We have been looking and looking at the pictures. New Zealand is absolutely gorgeous.

    I thought the Beehive would look bigger somehow, but it does look like a beehive!

    Thanks for showing the Stanleys around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful.
    What is the "Flat Stanley"?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a strip club here in LV called the Crazy Horse... hee hee...

    anyhoo...
    glad the doc appt is all over and done with.

    Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great outing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great time on the shopping part of it :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like a WONDERFUL time in a BEAUTIFUL place!
    Love the pictures!
    HUGS Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you survived your Dr's visit.
    Those photos are gorgeous. NZ looks such a pretty place. I hope I can come one day.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. My daughter did a Flat Stanley. It dissappeared in Australia too of all the places.

    Looks like you are having fun with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous1:24 PM

    Those pictures are amazing! What a beautiful place you live in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful view.

    (No, not the shopping bags...but those are fun too.) :)

    I so wanna visit...I'm going to start selling sex to pay for my trip out there. Darnit, though, my husband won't pay very much. LOL

    Have a great rest of the weekend!

    The Maid

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.