Friday, August 23, 2024

STEW'S HOME

 


Today Stew is home.  He has so much leave accumulated it's crazy!

So, every now and then he takes a Friday or Monday off and has a long weekend.

Which is lovely, cos I do rather like spending time with him.

We don't plan on leaving town for the day, but a nice lunch out is definitely on the cards.

Lacy is coming over sometime as well, which will be neat. We will probably drag her along for lunch with us. 😋😊

I have a runner almost finished, so I might do that first thing this morning.  Then I can relax and spend the day with Stew and Lacy.

ABOVE: Darling Lily yesterday, all bundled up, about to go pick up Archer from school with Bex.  She's such a happy baby.

Catch ya later.

ONWARD...

10 am, and it's turned out to be a gorgeous winter's day.

We have had a lovely long lie in, then up, breakfast (for him), then we did a couple of odd jobs around the house and yard.

Lacy is due here shortly. 

I'm going to ask her to do my vacuuming and wash the floors.  My back ain't into doing that!

ABOVE:  I just got this runner finished... it's one of my favourites.

ABOVE:  I think the Kiwiana Bird fabric is just lovely.

Right, I'm starting to cool down just sitting here, so I might get up and see what I can get up to next.

I'm thinking after lunch Stew and I will go for a walk, seeing as it's such a fine day.

ABOVE: Lunch today was at The Foundation, at the Base.

We had Calamari and Loaded Fries.  So yum!

On our way home we stopped in at the supermarket and bought a piece of cake.  It wasn't that good.  Disappointed. 

Now?  We are having a relaxing afternoon.  Don't feel much like a walk right now, but might later, after lunch has gone down.

No walk today, instead we had Steve call in to fix our wi-fi connection.

The Wi-fi box was hanging off the wall and I asked Stew to fix it.  He did something amiss and next thing we had no internet.

So Steve called in on his way home, and he managed to fix it.  Something to do with the fibre wire not working if it's bent more than 60 degrees. 😒😖  Good to have it working again.

After he left, we went over to their place for a quick visit with the kids.  Lily was all smiles, so sweet.

We just had a very nice steak dinner... I seem to have learnt how to cook the damn stuff... only took 65 years!

Now... time to wind down and just enjoy a few hours before bedtime.

Catch ya tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Nice to have the long weekends. He should do it EVERY week. Take Fridays off......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love long weekends too. It is nice to get a break from work. Lily sure looked happy today. Enjoy your walk with Stew. I lime when I can get my husband to go with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:03 AM

    A company I used to work for years ago, some of the staff worked 4.5 day weeks. People could chose, half day every Friday. Or work one Friday and have the next Friday off, year round. Most people took the full Friday off schedule. So every other weekend was a three day weekend. Really nice option.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:33 PM

    Have a lovely day you two! I'm waiting for a mammogram. What fun. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiwionholidays6:06 PM

    So glad you two had a week day together , loving the Runners, you’re on a real roll with them .
    Hey wee Lily looks beautiful and I love the wee fluffy pink hoodie, so snuggly for this time of year,,
    Have a fabulous weekend

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:26 PM

    Might be the new element that has the steak cooking right...steak has a mind of its own very short distance between cooked beautiful and leather for shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:26 PM

    Crap that was from me Chris Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:56 PM

    We had our own business and we worked every day. Sometimes I worked 30 days straight before I got to have a day off. Now I have been retired for almost 40 years. All those days working made for a very nice retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:00 AM

    1½ pounds sirloin steak 2” pieces

    ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
    2 T soy sauce low sodium
    2 cloves garlic minced
    1 T honey
    1 T Dijon mustard
    ½ teaspoon ground black pepper

    1 pound baby potatoes halved
    1 bunch asparagus or broccoli
    Carrots
    1 medium red bell pepper/chunks
    1 medium red onion/wedges

    Whisk together balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, honey, Dijon mustard, and black pepper. Add steak tips to marinade. Cover and let marinate/refrigerate at least 4 hours.

    Preheat oven to 425°F

    Place steak tips/marinade on one side of baking/cookie sheet.
    Arrange veggies on other half, spray with olive oil, salt/pepper.

    Roast 10 minutes.
    Flip steak tips and stir veggies.
    Roast another 15 minutes.


    I made this recipe and we really liked it.
    I put parchment paper on my cookie sheet so there is no mess. I used lower rack in my oven.

    Vickie

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's the secret steak technique?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.