Thursday, August 22, 2024

STARTING THE SPRING CLEANING

 


Today I've decided to do some 'Spring Cleaning'.

Windows.  I took all the net curtains down yesterday and washed them all.  They were certainly needing a wash.

But taking them down showed me just how DIRTY my freakin' windows are!

OMG net curtains sure hide that from you.

So, today I'm going to wash windows, probably only the insides for now.  Stew can do the outsides on the weekend.

Spring IS COMING!   The days are starting to get longer and the trees are SLOWLY getting new leaves and blossoms.  

I really can't wait for summer.

ABOVE:  I stole this off Facebook.  That happens so often on our roads!  Same with road cones all over the place for no apparent reason.

Once I've done the windows I will head back into the sewing room to get more Braid Runners finished.  Ha ha, I think I say that every day right?

But that's my life right now, getting my stock numbers up, and just pottering around the house.

ONWARD...

9.30 am:  the insides of our windows are DONE!

It wasn't that bad to be honest, cos I do them fairly regularly anyway.  The outsides of the widnows?

Disgusting.  And I'm about to get in my gumboots and go out there and scrub them with soapy water and a broom, then hose them down.

After that a lovely soak in the bath might just be on the cards.


ABOVE: Yaaaa... I got two runners finished this afternoon,  and another one is almost finished.

I'll finish it off tomorrow morning. 

Its now 5.25 pm and I'm at Steve and Bex's and Stew is at the pub. I will join him later for some hot chips, its becoming a 'thing for Thursday nights. 

8 pm and we are home from the pub and visiting family.

It was fair HUMMING at the pub tonight!  Sometimes it is very quiet, but not tonight.

It was nice and warm at the pub, and the hot chips were lovely.

We get a big bowl and just share them on our table.  Everyone does it.

Lovely little pub.

Now though, it's settle down for a couple of hours before bed.

Catch Ya Tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. All the things you are doing are the things I perpetually AVOID. .... Sigh.
    We have the same closed lanes for no reason.... Funny.
    Enjoy your soak.
    What's the verdict on the new shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:10 AM

    Wow you must be feeling better. Awesome. I've had the op shop truck. Took nearly everything. Won't take headboards, I brand new, the other is oak. People don't use them?? I must be. Different. I love a headboard so my pillows don't fall off. Have a wonderful. Day Chris kj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need a headboard 2 a queen and a double sigh!

      Delete
    2. Look on Facebook marketplace. I got one recently for only $10 !

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:50 AM

    Sparkling windows so you can see your beautiful spring garden. FELICITY

    ReplyDelete
  4. The inside and the outside of my windows need cleaning. I hate that job but will leave it until spring. Doesn't it feel to to declutter and clean? Such a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:30 PM

    Hi, I sent you an email....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:43 PM

    You might have said and I missed it - did the lady pick up the kayaks on Sunday?

    Did you have a car rack for them, and get rid of it too, all in one go?

    I seem to remember you mentioning various racks for the top of your car long ago. Maybe they are all gone by now.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the Kayaks got picked up, and yes, we sold her the racks for them as well.

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.