Saturday, August 24, 2024

A QUIET SATURDAY


 We are in for an iffy day weather wise.  Might rain a bit later on.  Oh yaaa.   I'm so over the friggin shitty weather.

Plans for today?  Meh.  Don't really have any.

Could just be a quiet day hanging around the house.

I could also work on another couple of runners.

ABOVE:  I saw this on Facebook last night... it's a sign of the times.  So glad I didn't have to face all that raising our kids.


ABOVE: Finally (for now anyway)... how cute is that!  I find it very amusing.

Catch ya later.

ONWARD...

Ikkk. Its cold and wet. Stayed in bed for ages just keeping warm.

Then we came here:


ABOVE: There's every man and his dog in there. Chaotic to say the least.

Hopefully we get out of here fast and back home for a lovely lunch of hot chicken in a bun.

Whoops, I've not updated much today have I?

Stew and I really have had a lazy day!

Though we did go down to Mitre 10 after lunch to get some shit to put on the pavers down the side of the house.  They get so manky over winter, it was time to try and move some of the green mould.

Hopefully what he put on them works.

While he did that, I had a Nana Nap!

Not that I fell asleep, but it was just lovely to lie there, under a blanket with me hot pods and just relax.

I finished a 'physical' book!  First time in forever, I made it last I must say.

Tomorrow I might go get a new one if the library is open.  I have come to realise that I prefer a physical book as opposed to an E-Book or Audio Book.

We are going to have chicken left overs for dinner.  Should be nice, I might add the chicken to a cheesy pasta dish.

It has felt weird all day, I kept thinking it was Sunday.  Only cos Stew took Friday off work, so he's already been home from work for two days.

So tomorrow is a 'bonus' weekend day OK?  lol

We ended up having chicken on a bun again.  Cooking just felt like too much work!  We are just being bloody lazy, but oh well.  We are allowed.

Time to sign off for the day, catch ya tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:00 AM

    So true Chris, the first photo. I have a very small part time job at Woolworths (2 x 3 hour shifts a week), and a “new” staff member last week, I was confused (am certainly not judging), thought it was a girl but things weren’t adding up, but name badge said Lucas, my sister who works there said girl/boy. I feel for these kids who are genuinely conflicted with their sex. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "Birds and the bees" is so perfect!
    Did Bex make that creature?
    Did you watch that video I sent? You really should! So does Bex! It is so sweet and beautiful and cute and clever!
    https://youtu.be/VBps1IvCyj0?si=ye11j4VcVV8GKLPn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:24 PM

    Sounds like you are having a lovely long weekend....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I unfortunately have worked all day am still going will finish around 9pm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids soccer today.
    Cold, wet and windy...brrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiwionholidays8:37 PM

    So happy you two had a (not Lazy ) but a reset day lol
    We all need those especially ,,,,if we are on one switch ,
    A full on one as some of us are🌞
    Nice to have your three day weekend together,,,
    Great work Team Harvey 🥝💯🏉✔️🕺🏿🌲🛍️
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.