Monday, August 12, 2024

NEW WALK... THEN HOME TO SEW

 



For the past month or so, I've been experiencing some pain in my right foot.

First of all it wasn't too bad, just sore after walking, for an hour or two.  And in the weirdest place too:

ABOVE: The pain is on the TOP of my foot, in that exact spot.  After our walk on Saturday (in Auckland), the pain lasted all day and on into the night as well.  A stinging sort of aching pain, hard to ignore.  It makes me limp.

I am certain I've not hurt my foot in any way, accident or whatever.

Yesterday it occurred to me that it might be my latest sneakers?  They have a stretchy webbing inside the shoe,  that goes up from the sole to the laces area, and it runs across that exact spot on my foot.

So.  This morning I am taking myself off for a 5 km walk from my home, wearing my OLD sneakers.  Let's see if my foot hurts after that?

I hope it doesn't, cos getting new sneakers would be an easy fix. 😊

After my walk, I'm coming home to get on with finishing off a couple more Braid Runners.  I've also got my eye on some cute farmyard fabric I'd like to whip up into two new runners before Friday as well.

Our next Tamahere Market is this coming Saturday.  Plenty to keep me busy till then!

ONWARD...

ABOVE:  The start of my walk today, it looked a bit 'iffy'... a rainbow even.  But, I was determined to do it, so off I went.

ABOVE:  Ya take your life in ya hands when crossing some of those roads out there!  Rush hour, school traffic.  I was lucky and some people stopped to allow me to get over that intersection.


ABOVE:  I could see my 'half way house' from a very long distance back, so that was actually great.  Good motivation seeing it get closer and closer.  Not quite the same going back, but it was a nice walk.

It did rain a bit, and I'm sitting in the family room typing this up, feeling decidedly damp.


ABOVE: my walk stats for today.  I'm happy with that.

Now... I'm off to have a warm shower and put dry clothes on.

Then... sewing.

45 minutes later... and I followed my 'usual' routine of sitting for about 40 minutes after a walk, then got up and moved around.  Usually my foot would be REALLY uncomfortable and sore by then.

Today?  Nope.  Not at all.

So I do believe my sneakers may be the problem.

As I have an FBG walk on tomorrow, I will wear my old sneakers again, and see if I have the same result.

If I do, my 'new' sneakers are going in the bin.

ANON:  I have thought of seeing a podiatrist, but first I wanted to determine if the problem might be caused by my sneakers.    After tomorrow's walk I should know for sure.  Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm having a disjointed sort of day.

After lunch I was about to come back into my sewing room ... but visited Lacy, then Bex instead.

THEN I finally got into the sewing room, and finished off one big Braid Runner, and also a Farmyard Runner.

ABOVE: That's the farmyard runner.   I have one more to finish off tomorrow.  It's kinda cute, and someone is bound to love it.

We live in the Waikato after all, which is  cow/horse/sheep country.  😆😉😊

It's now 4.10 pm, and I could continue sewing, but I'm just done.  My lower back is a bit sore, so yeah, time to go inside and just relax till dinnertime.

9.01 pm:  We had some amazing beef BBQ ribs for our dinner this evening.  The dogs LOVED the bones!

We've been watching Law and Order:  SVU, a programme we both enjoy.  

I won't be long out of bed this evening, I'm bloody tired.  And I have another walk in Cambridge tomorrow, so hopefully I get a decent sleep tonight.  

Catch ya tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Almost certain it is the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:01 AM

    My long time shoe store puts padding under the tongue on all my athletic shoes. Any type of lacing hurts the top of my foot. The padding solves it. They stay on for the life of the shoe. I have never had them fall off.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:12 AM

    tank the sneakers back to the store and ask them about it. You likely can't get a refund but explain to them what the issues is and see what they say. xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:53 PM

    See a podiatrist

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:59 PM

    Love love love the runner Chris. Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.