Tuesday, October 10, 2017

WOW 60!

Today is a special day.

It's the day my only living sibling turns 60!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY 
BIG SISTER

My turn next year!  OMG we are getting old!

Today?

NEW TOILETS!!!!!

Yep, finally after putting up with utterly 'shit' toilets (omg excuse the pun, but I had to do it!)... we are getting them ripped out and replaced.

I can't wait!  I don't know what time the plumbers are coming... so will be stuck at home till the job is done.

I'm told it won't take too long, which is great.  Ya never know when you're gunna need to go!

So, that's my day so far... catch up with ya later.

ONWARD...

The Fat Bottomed Girls group have held a few auctions lately, to raise funds for our end of year function.
I won this:



ABOVE: Very pretty sarong/wrap.  It is very light and quite sheer, so I doubt I will be 'wearing' it over summer.  Not sure what I will be doing with it yet... but it's gorgeous!

The plumber isn't here yet.  Waiting... waiting....

Total waste of a morning just waiting.  He isn't coming now till this afternoon sometime. I know I should be thankful he's coming at all, it's that hard to get people to turn up now days, particularly tradesmen.

So, I just had a really lovely, long chat with my niece Rowena in Australia.  Made my day.  Well... that and getting new toilets will too of course.  *smiles*

THE SARONG/WRAP?  :  MINE MINE MINE.

First toilet is almost totally IN... and it fits PERFECTLY.  Such a relief.

Got heaps of linen and towels out on the clothes line.  And within half an hour... it poured down with rain.  So bloody typical!


 ABOVE:  So.  We were very lucky that the bathroom had been tiled right up to the outlet pipe..... so once the old toilets were lifted off the floor, the new ones could just go back in exactly the same place, leaving no repair work to be done!





ABOVE:  The lovely young plumber.  He was nice and talkative, and did a very good job.  He also left NO MESS at all.  His mother did good!  *smiles*


ABOVE:  OLD AND NEW.  The new ones are as white as the old, just took photos at different times, hence different lighting.  I like the look of the new ones better than the old too.

So, that's the one big inside job this house needed doing.... DONE.  Very happy.

Time for bed.... tired thanks to Stewy.  He's got a headcold... so has been snoring something rotten the past few nights.  Hence, I get very broken sleep... ONCE I actually get to sleep!
Try falling asleep next to a freight train!  

22 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:37 AM

    Hells bells! You do not look 59 and turning 60 next year.You look a lot younger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not 59 yet.... 11 more days! That counts eh?? lol

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:32 AM

      lol totally counts!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:39 AM

    Sorry but explains why you can get so crabby lol I don't blame you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crabby cos of my age? Nah... I've been CRABBY for at least 30 years! Kids... kids, and even more kids will do that to ya! lol

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:28 AM

      lol totally understand!

      Delete
  3. I need new toilets - I'm very curious to see how they deal with the flooring. Do you have tiles and is the footprint of the toilet changing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea if the new toilets will fit in exactly the same place! We have tiles that we THINK go under the existing toilets... time will tell how it works out. I'm not bothered, whatever happens we will sort it out. Having 'fit for purpose' toilets is the main thing.

      Delete
    2. That's great about the tiles - I just looked at ours and I think they also are under the toilet, not sure why I never thought of that.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10:31 AM

    You should stretch it over canvas and hang the sorong on the wall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ran outta walls ages ago! Got painting in the attic I can't find room to hang. nice idea though.

      Delete
  5. MINE MINE MINE MINE re the Sarong.....thant if you don't want it lol MINE x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewww it has orange in it 😂😂

      Delete
    2. Haha Muppet, it's ok I'm gona find something the crabby young (lol) tart wants.....and trade 😎 :)

      Delete
    3. Bex you used to LOVE orange!

      Delete
  6. I was wondering if lacy would jump on the sarong. Dolphins and all. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that wrap, it is really pretty. Hopefully you will get your new loos installed soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1.30 pm... happening right NOW!

      Delete
  8. Anonymous5:48 PM

    Make a padded quilted throw rug out of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOOO.....why not to just end all argument send it to me, I will wear the dam gorgeous thing xx :)

      Delete
  9. Anonymous1:11 AM

    Wow you don't look your age Chris. You look incredible. I love the sarong and was going to suggest you gift it. Haha I see you've had an interested taker! Too funny Lacy, good try!
    Kym/Australia

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.