Saturday, September 18, 2010

QUILTED GIRAFFE

ABOVE: Last night's effort... which took me from about 9pm till after midnight! I got the batting and backing on... then 'quilted' all around the edges of the giraffe and butterful... then around the inner shapes... did some 'squiggly' lines on the white and TA Daaa... I think it's ready for the binding. This one is going to be a wall hanging.... and is going to a dear friend's daughter in the USA.

'MJ' is having a baby girl in December, so it will be for her wee daughter. I hope they like it.. I'm told Giraffes are a favourite with them.

We had a wild stormy night... but it didn't keep me awake once I got to sleep!

Today: grocery shopping... tidy house... entertain dinner guests. Think I will cook a roast of Pork.... with apple sauce (out of a tin people!) ... lol.

ONWARD...

I woke up this morning feeling like shit. Sore throat, nagging headache... oh yaaa. We went out to Sylvia Park for lunch and a few bits and bobs for tonight.... came home to find this in my letterbox:

ABOVE: an incredibly beautiful necklace from Christy in Australia! How pretty is that! I sent Christy some baby booties for her new baby boy (Corbin), who is due in a little under 2 weeks.... and I sooooo did not expect anything in return! But... it is beautiful and I am sure I will wear it LOTS and LOTS! THANK YOU so much Christy!

Now that I'm home again I am going to just relax for a while and hope the pills I have just taken kick in and I feel better in time for our dinner tonight.

End of Day: our visitors arrived, we had a lovely evening... Jackie baked dessert! We had expected her to arrive with something from the shop, but no! She baked a chocolate self-saucing dessert and it was delcious... just the smell of it cooking was devine! I should cook more desserts! Or not. lol

Time to have some quiet time now, visitors have just left, kids have just gone to bed... nite nite.

18 comments:

  1. What a cute block and you did lovely quilting on it!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  2. marlene scobbie8:45 AM

    Giraffe looks great. I'm sure any child would love to have it on their wall.
    Had all four seasons here yesterday. Overnight it snowed and still is-so pretty and not that cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to sleep through the storm. I find myself edgy as though I'm waiting for something BAD to happen. This is not really like me. Storms used to be exciting. UGH! No power for hours but I still managed to finish the book our daughter had to return to owner today.

    Still at Simpsons Beach

    Love to you and hope you have a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum I am on the next plane I LOVE pork and hey I dnt eat much now.
    Love the garaffe

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm roast pork :) love it...

    ohh the giraffe looks fantastic too..

    have a great day Chris :)

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE it and the poor baby will have to fight her mama for it!!!! i will see to it that the baby WINS!!!!!
    love and hugs!!!!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE it and the poor baby will have to fight her mama for it!!!! i will see to it that the baby WINS!!!!!
    love and hugs!!!!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! Gee, it arrived quickly... I only sent it a couple of days ago! So glad you like it Chris... I enjoyed making it... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your giraffe wall hanging is terrific, Chris, and I'm sure your friend and her daughter are going to love it! And that necklace is beautiful - and in your favorite color!

    Hope you feel better, and have a great weekend!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:05 PM

    Giraffe is so cute! what a lucky bub! And lucky you for getting the beautiful blue necklace! Christy might get some blog orders! Corbin is becoming a very popular name lately.I have a 5 year old cousin spelt the same. I think you might have jinxed yourself when you left a comment on my friend froggy's blog that you haven't had a cold for 2 years or so! But I hope it doesn't get you! Did you get any treasures at the hospice shop yesterday? Sounds like you were too busy seducing everyone with the evil cake! Was good to hear about a politician that likes to mingle with the general public/common folk/pheasants! WOMBAT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The giraffe block is very cute and I like the squiggly lines, the necklace is very YOU and so pretty, Christy is clever, I do hope your headache eased a little.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the giraffe block - at the risk of repeating myself - you are just so talented!! That necklace is just gorgeous - you will look stunning with that on. Hope the nasties have disappeared and you're feeling well again. Zxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hola from America!
    This is MJ- just came by to say hello and thank you so much for the wall hanging. Giraffes are the BEST! I Love it...thanks again! :)
    ♥MJ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilted giraffe is just gorgeous. I'm sure it will be loved. With the closing of Bloglines, I've changed to Google Reader, and now your posts are showing up again......I'm happy about that. Hope you've been well. Off to check what else you've been up to,

    ReplyDelete
  15. That necklace really is beautiful, and as your later blogs show, it looks lovely on you too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the quilted giraffe you made. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Chris,

    That Quilted Giraffe is the most beautiful thing! Great job!! :-) x

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.