Tuesday, September 28, 2010

25 YEARS AGO...

ABOVE:  25 years ago today I went to a Netball Prizegiving with a girlfreind,  here at the Mercury Bay Rugby Club in Whitianga.  My girlfriend (Jane) introduced me to her team's Coach.... 


ABOVE: inside this building, upstairs... is where I first met Stew.   The first thing I ever said to him was:  "Don't get interested, I'm a solo mother with 4 kids"!  He got interested anyway... and I knew from that first night that he was going to be mine...


ABOVE:  the carpark, where we snogged something rotten in his bloody ugly  orange holden!  lol.
He moved into my bed, I mean home,  10 days later.  We got married about 18 months after that.... I had to get divorced first and ummmm.... give birth to Steve!  LOL.... we rocked up to our Wedding with a 6 week old, and 4 kids aged 4,5,7 and 8! 

NO HONEYMOON... it's a bit hard to book a HONEYMOON Suite with a double bed, 4 singles and a bassinette eh?

Oh well... 25 years later and we are still totally happy and in love with each other.  AWWW......

Today:  well,  I will go out with the kids I expect... anything to keep them happy and occupied.  We don't  have an 'Anniversary' evening planned.... we quite like to stay in and relax by the end of the day.  Boring old farts we are!  I might be 'nice' to him later.... ha ha ha!

We went out to Spotlight in Panmure... such a lovely shop...so much nicer than the one in Manukau... I was looking for some more fabric:

ABOVE:   I found that lovely blue one (bottom right) and was scanning around looking for  something to match it... and Kelly kept suggesting this one and that one.. and I said "HELL no, that is HEINOUS"  and wee Rena heard me and said "PENIS...PENIS"  ... it was rather funny!  I kept saying 'Heinous' just to make her say 'Penis'  .... ha ha ha!

I made the 4 bigger kids sit quietly on the floor while I was in Spotlight, they were so good ...when we stopped at Sylvia Park I got them all a gob-stopper Lollipop.

ABOVE: here is Rena slobbering on her's at home.  She's in her carseat so we don't get lollipop dribble all over the house! 

It's lunchtime now... Kelly has made the kids their sandwiches today.  Nice.  I might just have to keep her on!  lol

End of Day:  Kelly and Rena have gone home... just left with the 4 for the rest of the week.  Stew and I had a nice quiet evening watching some telly... off to bed now.  nite nite.

33 comments:

  1. Happy Wedding Anniversary, same day as my twins birthday.... Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww! I loves a love story :-) So many marriages don't make it today as people don't seem to want to work on the hard bits. I'm working on following you - we married 16 1/2 years ago a mere 10 months after we met).

    I think you know when you've got the right man, and you obviously have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 25 yrs, I love your pick up line have a great day Chris enjoy the grands while they r there

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 25th Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have heard it before how you meet - but loved that story:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris, I'm so glad you were able to settle down with someone who values you AND your beautiful children. May you be blessed this day as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. That car park will never look the same again.

    It's kind of hard to celebrate anniversaries with a houseful of youngsters. 25 years seems to come round when we are all still too busy, and our families not quite mature enough to do it for us, so the special party is put on hold. If I remember rightly our daughter helped organise our 40th. Just as well it fell when it did as looking back it was quite possibly the only year we could have done anything.

    Enjoy a lovely night together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:39 AM

    Oh that's so sweet... have a happy day and a happy anniversary evening... nudge nudge, wink wink.

    Kate (kittie444@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. W0W, your story is almost identical to my mom's. They are married 30 years now. Same situation.

    What a GREAT story! Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Somethings are meant to be!!! :) Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous story - had heard bits before but not the details. Have lovely day both of you and here's to the rest of your life together - may it continue long an happy Zxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. awh I love a love story. The first time my hunny kissed me I knew he was mine too. I thought, " I'll never let you get away 23 years later we are still in love too. We mostly forget our anniversary. I don't really care about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww ....what a sweet story! Happy Anniversary!

    LOVE your new lounge suite, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. And as they say the rest is history Stew is a gem and you are his rock! lol poetry on your anniversary.... AND surrounded by the grandkids on your anniversary how cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's wonderful, Chris. He's a great guy and loves you for who you are. Here's to another 25! Cheers! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. awwww love the story...Happy Anniversary with many many more to come xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy 25th chook. What a wonderful way to commemorate the event....maybe you and Stew should go 'parking' again tonight...lol Hugs Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous12:49 PM

    Happy anniversary! Have you sat on the couch yet? Don't let the kids near it with the lollipops! Did the skyman turn up yesterday? I love the blue teacup fabric. It would be perfect for a casserole carrier. Hope you lovebirds manage to do something romantic tonight! WOMBAT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww, what a sweet story. You gotta admire a man who knows what he wants and goes for it no matter what the obstacles.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Anniversary. What a great story! So glad your new lounge is here:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Anniversary. I hope the 2 of you get to spend at least a little bit of time together to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  23. .. happy anniversary to you both :) doesn't time fly when you're having fun? LOL :)

    Have a great day kids and all

    Anne :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW !! thats a long time to be married !!!
    Congratulations !!!

    How was the rest of your day, kids being nice to one another ?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy, happy, happy anniversary and wishing you another "fun filled" full of love 25 years Chris and Stew...well done in this age of "throw-away" Huuuggggssss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Aniversary mum and dad, hears to the nest 25 Years of happyness and love.

    Love kells

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous2:42 AM

    So enjoyed your love story!! He must be a wonderful fella!! What a honeymoon that would have been!! Makes me chuckle thinking about it!! Verry Happy Anniversary!! ...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  28. hAPPY hOPPY 25TH!
    I hope i last that long...
    can we say inspiration?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations on 25 happy years and here is wishing you another 25 happy years and more!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Anniversary wishing you many more years of happy times. Have fun with the kiddes, hope they don't drive you too crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Anniversary!

    Thanks for always keeping an eye on me and being so supportive, it makes me feel great.

    You are awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. i love hearing stories about how people met :)

    p.s. i wish someone would be 'nice' to ME sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a great LOVE STORY! Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.