Thursday, October 24, 2024

YAWN...

 


Right, first up for today I'm going to get the washing done... there's a load in the machine waiting for me to hang it on racks in the garage.

I don't feel like hanging it outside at all now days.  

Plus, my neighbour is having some house renovations, and the dust outside, right beside my clothesline, is sometimes a bit ikkk.

Then I shall get the house all spic 'n' span, JUST IN CASE we have an impromptu house inspection.  

After that, I shall stitch the new strap up for the gazebo.  I'm hoping to use it at Tamahere mostly, for hanging horizontal runners.  I'll show ya once it's in use, so ya know what I'm on about. lol

So it should be a very cruisy day ... not much on at all.

I did think about trying a new runner pattern, but I just don't need to make any more right now.  

ABOVE:  This is the runner I'm probably going to make next.  Maybe next week I'll give it a go.  What do ya think ?  I will use pretty floral fabrics.  edit:  I did not make that runner (above), it was on the 'net, and I will make my own version soon.

OK, time to go.  Catch ya later.


9.45 am:  Done the house - TICK
Washing getting dried - TICK
Facial hair obliterated - TICK
Iron all Bowl Cosy's - TICK
Double check all is ready for market - TICK

NOW... sew up extra gazebo strap.
TICK TICK TICK.

I just went into the front bedroom for some cardboard out of the wardrobe.
Walked past my poor dead ? Monstera plant.
It had once THRIVED in the front bedroom, but a few months ago I put it in the sunroom.
And it literally withered and died.  All the leaves went yellow on the edges, and the growing shoot withered up and looked like a stick.
I thought it was DEAD.  
So I put some succulents in the pot, but left the big plant in there... JUST IN CASE it revived, fully expecting it not to though.
I also put it back in the front bedroom.
Today?



ABOVE:  It is growing again!  I am beyond thrilled!  I'm so glad I didn't dig it out and throw it away.  

Today is a GOOD DAY.

I started watching a movie on Netflix yesterday, and just finished it while having a lunch break.
I knew how it would end from the VERY BEGINNING, but it was still a lovely movie.  It made me cry in a couple of places, so it gets an 'EXCELLENT' rating from me.
'What's Love Got To Do With It'... a total Chick Flick!
Now.... I'm off to carry on with something in the sewing room.

Something didn't agree with my tummy, or I'm coming down with something, cos I'm feeling quite off.
So, I dropped Stew off at the pub and came home to just relax.  Hopefully it passes quickly.
I'll go and pick Stew up later.
For now... feet up.  

And it's now 8.05 pm.  I've picked the man up and brought him home.  We are now going to settle down for a quiet night in front of the telly.
Catch ya tomorrow.

22 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:53 AM

    I like the triangle runner.

    The color choices are good, they look nice together but are distinct.

    I think the small prints really help balance the couple large prints.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:14 AM

    I love that runner but why not make it using children's fabrics to hang on bedroom wall?? Just a different idea. It's gorgeous. Kj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a neat idea KJ! And I will certainly give it a go ... next week. lol

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:30 AM

      If you want some kids fabrics I can send you some!

      Delete
    3. LOL! Have you SEEN inside my fabric cupboards???? Thank you for the kind offer, but I think I've got enough for now! *smiles*

      Delete
  3. Popping in to say HI... I have been away for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where have you been? Whatcha been doing? Hope it was FUN.

      Delete

    2. Visiting my friend (since 12 years old)
      Pickleball
      Good food
      A jigsaw puzzle
      Thrift shopping
      Visiting
      - So YEA it was fun!!!!
      On the drive home...
      Flat Tire
      Gas Pump Mishap
      One hour delay due to a lane closure
      And worst of all..... McDonalds gave me Dr. Pepper instead of Diet Coke!

      Delete
    3. Anonymous5:49 PM

      Ooh ...that sounds like a bad day!! Peta

      Delete
    4. Yep, sure would hate to be given Dr Pepper instead of Diet Coke! Horrors!!! All the other things are nothing compared to that. lol Just Joking of course.

      Delete
  4. Love the runner with triangles and navy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:48 PM

    Love the new runner. Gigi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not my work. It's just a photo of one I found on the 'net, and I shall soon make one myself. Probably quicker than I first thought!

      Delete
  6. My son gave me a cutting of his Monstera plant. I have no idea how to care for it. But it is thriving. It started getting too spindly and floppy so they advided that I get a moss pole. I got a moss pole and plant is happy and healthy. I might need to add an taller extension to the moss pole.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your plant is a Philodendron selloum. I have those growing outdoors. I have a monstera in
    a pot in my sunroom. It is also called a Swiss cheese plant. Some plants are finicky about where they grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just Google Imaged it, and yes, it is! Thanks for that.

      Delete
  8. You need a Moss Pole.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh a busy day and
    Productive too. Nice
    A friend of
    Mine makes buntings with triangle pieces birthday etc
    Kids adults all sorts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:04 PM

    Long Weekend here we get tomorrow off Hawke's Bay Anniversary Day YAHOO!! Time to plant the summer veggie patch. Do you suffer from Hayfever? I never did until last year bloody horrid thing GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope to Hayfever, luckily. So a four day weekend, lucky you!

      Delete
  11. Anonymous6:16 PM

    Oh Chris you give yourself some TLC. I think you do too much. Maybe a weekend of r and r? Yeah I know Tui lol. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha! A weekend of R 'n' R? Saturday we have to pack up and head off to Taupo for a big market on Sunday. On top of that, we have TWO Open Homes over the weekend, so have to leave the house perfectly spotless and ready for viewing. Then we get home from a busy market on Sunday night, to turn around and do it all again at a market on Monday as well! I think R 'n' R will have to wait till Tuesday.

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.