Saturday, October 12, 2024

JUST A FEW THINGS

 


Today is gunna be a good day.

First up, Stew is off to do his weekend grocery grab.

While he's out, I shall get all the morning jobs done.  Get the house all ship shape, bla bla bla.

Then we are joining Steve, Bex and their kids at the mall for a wander, and then lunch.

It will be the first time we have been out and about with baby Lily!

That should be lovely.  

Once we have spent some time with them, we are taking a drive over to 'XYZ' to look at a couple of new home possibilities.  There's several new ones just completed, it's rather exciting having so many choices!

That will take a couple of hours, then we will come home and do a few things around the yard.  The pool has some leaves/debris in it, so that needs clearing.

We also want to have a second look through the three back sheds, and decide what can go, and what we definitely want to keep.  Some of that stuff has gone from house to house, and is actually NEVER used.  Why do we do that?

JUST IN CASE WE NEED IT?  😂😖

When I was de-cluttering the inside of the house,  I literally got rid of anything I had not used in 2-3 years.  Best thing I have ever done.

OK, OK ... if it was beautiful, and it brought me JOY, I did keep it.  But other shit?  Nah. 

I sold some stuff,  gifted some to kids, or donated it to Op Shops.

So that's what our plans are for today.  I really LOVE having plans.  There is nothing worse for me than having nothing to do.  I hate that.

ONWARD...

Yes! As I was about to fall asleep last night an idea for the negative space on RHR #5 popped into my head. So I will work on that later today.  I'll hold off sharing my idea until its finished  ... then show ya.

1.05 pm.  We got all our little jobs done this morning, and I made some progress on the latest runner.

Steve, Bex and the kids arrived for a visit before we all headed over to the mall for lunch.  I got to push Lily in her pushchair, which was neat.  She fell asleep.

Lunch was nice, we found a table big enough for all of us, which was awesome.

Now we are off to look at houses.

4.23 pm.  Back from our look around.  It was fun.  I don't think we have found 'the one' yet, but OMG, there's plenty of options.



ABOVE:  A few we looked at today.  Not too sure about the two storey one, I'm not keen on stairs.

Right, time to relax till dinnertime.  Which will be crackers 'n' cheese.  Lunch was our main meal of the day.

8.47 pm:  Super quiet evening here.  Had our 'dinner', his nibs is watching rugby and I've been scrolling on the 'net.

Not much else to yabber on about, so signing off for the day.

Catch ya tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun and productive day lies ahead! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh at the thought of you EVER having nothing to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:28 PM

    Sounds like you've had a nice day with the family 👍 got up at sparrow fart to watch the first cruise ship of the season come in GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:49 PM

    No!! Stairs!! You’re not getting younger. We live in a 3 storey town house, 16 stairs, then 16 stairs. I am very fit, but I’m 70, how much longer can I keep this up. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you go for a 2 storey make sure you can put a lift in later if necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:20 PM

    Not for me to say but stairs not great choice tart. FELICITY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:34 PM

    We are now in our 60’s. We built the house where we live 20+ years ago, when we were in our 40’s.

    I thought hard about future us when we built.

    It is a two story, but everything we need is on the first floor. (We only use the 2nd floor when the kids are home, full bath and three bedrooms with small living room with TV upstairs and a large attic.)

    In fact, we only use part of the first floor. There are two more bedrooms and a full bath on the first floor that we also only use when the kids are home.

    The part of the house we use is kitchen, living room, office, sewing room, our bedroom, full bath. So it is a small house, within a big house.

    In our part of the house, we have a handicapped accessible shower with bars inside and out. Wide, wheel chair accessible, doorways. High toilet. There are no steps on the first floor, front door and backdoor are both wheelchair accessible.

    I encourage you to think about future you very hard as you house hunt. I realize you generally move very few years and moving is always an option, but maybe plan so you do not have to move if you do not want to or can’t because of a future economy.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.