Thursday, October 03, 2024

QUILT SHOW?

 


Hi ho.  I was reminded about a Quilt Show that's on in Cambridge by Leanne yesterday.  Thanks chick.

I think I'll go today.  Not that I particularly like looking at quilts, but I do like seeing what the merchants have on offer.  😂

After I've been to the show, I'll come home and continue working on my current runners.  I'm thinking of making both these smaller RHR's able to be hung on a wall.  

So, let's get moving.  I want to be over in Cambridge as early as possible, so I can get back and have a decent amount of time to work in the sewing room.

ONWARD...

10.41 am, and I'm home from the quilt show.

I really only went to see what Merchants were there from parts of the country I don't visit.

ABOVE:  I'm sure there were plenty of lovely quilts there, but this one is the only one that caught my eye.  It is amazing.


ABOVE: What I went for!  Blues mostly.  There was only one Merchant offering a 'special', buy 5 get the 6th free.  Luckily she was selling the exact colours I wanted.


ABOVE: Bower Bird from Tamahere had these interesting mixed media fabrics, so I grabbed a few.


ABOVE: And finally, I grabbed a couple of these panels.  Not sure if I'll turn them into cot quilts, or placemats.  Time will tell.

Now... I'm almost ready to head off into the sewing room to work on the RHR's.

5.22 pm. I've been sewing all afternoon. Making good progress on #3 RHR. Stew arrived home at 5, so I  dropped him off at the pub. Now I'm visiting the kids until I join Stew at the pub in a couple of hours.

9.08pm:  Well what a lovely evening.  I got to see our Lily crawl right across the lounge!  She's on the go now, no holding her back.

I joined Stew and the blokes at the pub for half an hour before we came home and had dinner.

Now, I'm not sure if I will stay up to watch Coronation Street, it doesn't start until 9.45.  I'm tired after my busy day, so might watch it tomorrow midday.

Catch ya tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:03 AM

    Oh I forgot to tell you. I would love to be there. But lights would be too bright and i would want to atay all day. Am limited now. There are 21 merchants I think. Can't wait to hear what you thought. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some fantastic fabric choices. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blues and mixed media are perfect! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:41 PM

    Hi, DeeDee here, from Coronation Street.
    Have you tried watching on your laptop/tv using TVNZ onDemand app.

    The episodes are accessible from 8am Tues - Thurs.

    Super handy when they change the timetable at short notice, and no need to stay up late waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leeann9:47 PM

    Glad you enjoyed the merchants! I liked the tiger quilt too. Re thread have you tried Madeira polyneon thread? 1000 MTRS about $9 or $10 depending where you buy. Is very strong and colour range is amazing. Has a nice shine. I have used it for piecing and quilting and would be good for your machine applique. Buy one and have a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt and your fabrics! Baby will be busy now!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.