Tuesday, October 15, 2024

WASTE NOT, WANT NOT

 


Thank You so much for all the replies to my question yesterday!  It was such fun reading all the comments.  Made my day in fact.  I was literally smiling all day.

I had started feeling like my blog was a waste of time, and there were not that many people reading it anymore.  Seems I was wrong!

I checked out my blog STATS last night...

ABOVE:  over 8.8 million views in 18 years, and 6,584 posts.  That works out to be about 1,300 views per post.  Not bad!

So now it's back to 'normal'.... 

ABOVE:  I've got this container full of little bits of Steam a Seam and Vliesofix... which I hate to throw out.
While working on runners yesterday, I ran out of large pieces of either double sided fixative, so ...

ABOVE:  Waste not, want not!
It was too late in the day to pop down to Spotlight for more, so why not start using all those little pieces?
But in saying that, I will be going to Spotlight today for more.  It's not really that much fun putting all those little pieces together. 😊

ABOVE:  My plan for today is to work on this Runner.  I can't call it a 'Round House Runner' cos it's not got the 'round houses' on it.
  
New name needed people... gimme some ideas.

It's not a Wonky House Runner either.  Maybe just a 'House Runner'?  Meh.  
IDEAS   IDEAS....

ONWARD...

HOLD THOSE THOUGHTS.

ABOVE:  This is the runner I'm working on.  I decided to name it 'Top 'n' Tail' Houses.
BUT THEN...
I was like, why the hell would I want three different names for House Runners?


ABOVE:  So now I'm looking for a name for all three types of house runners!
Bundle them all together... and call them??????

I have already been to Spotlight, bought the very last of their Vliesofix. They better get more in!

Now, I'm going to work on that runner.

ABOVE:  A Top 'n' Tail one.


ABOVE:  # 6 done and dusted.

Lacy called in for lunch, she brought Pizza.

I have decided, seeing as the suggestions were SPARSE, that I'm gunna go with...

HARVEY'S HOUSES.  Pure and simple.   That will encompass  Wonky, Round and Top 'n' Tail Houses.  
And now, I'm taking a break.

ABOVE:  I was scrolling through Facebook just now, and read that.
NEVER has a statement hit home so much.  And that is why we don't have some people in our lives.
That is why we backed off ... silence is the best answer for some people.

And I posted that in case you needed to read it too.  Never put up with abuse, be it physical, mental, or emotional.  Walk away.  Close the door. Don't look back.  

4.45 pm, and Stew is home early.  He took his car in for a WOF, and there was no point going back to work for just an hour or so.
I've had a quiet afternoon, I'm not sure I will do another runner before our market on Saturday.  My stock is FULL right now. Which is great.  No pressure or stress.

8 comments:

  1. The little grouping looks like a "neighborhood" or "village" or "Happy Houses" or "Happy Homes".
    Oh boy...
    I just tried googling House Table Runners. That was a mistake! Because they're made for the HOUSE so a million and 2 things showed up.
    You certainly are making yours the HARD way. With all the piecework. But, I KNOW that is the part you love.
    Many people are just using a decorative fabric with hemmed edges......

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all joined together like a Coronation St runner - maybe the name of another street or character in that tv show….

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:54 AM

    Emma gave me the idea for a title "Terrace House Runner" - just my six pennyworth, lol. We used to live in a terrace row of 7 houses (new builds) before we came to NZ. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiwionholidays9:30 AM

    I like Audrey’s suggestion too 💯
    Enjoy your day, at a lovely time of the year in the Waikato 🏉🥝
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:50 AM

    A village of 5?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going suggest village runners or community runners. 😃

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:53 PM

    The runners are beautiful. I bet they are popular at the market. Wow, Wow, Wow! Kj

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:09 PM

    Harvey’s Houses sounds good
    Dee

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.