Friday, October 18, 2024

FINSIHING THEM OFF

 


It's looking good for a fine day at market tomorrow!  It will be our first fine market in a while, thank god.

I have two Harvey's House runners to finish off today, both of the 'Top n Tail' variety.

Thank you for all the suggestions re:  What to put in the middle of them, if anything.

Stew and I are both of the opinion they don't need anything in the middle.  That is where you would sit a vase, or a pot plant etc. 

ABOVE: A random photo I took last night.  Any idea what it is (apart from a fish!)...  ?

Oh, before I get into the sewing room, I'm going to The Base to find some new three quarter tights for summer.  NOT exercise ones that ya sweat like hell in.  More cotton blend ones.  And perhaps a couple of new t-shirts as well.

I've got t-shirts I'm still wearing that are over 20 years old!  Time to refresh the 'casual' wardrobe. 

That will be fun.  I hope.  I don't really enjoy clothing shopping, those goddam mirrors in the changing rooms are right bitches.  😂😉😖

ONWARD...

11.10 am:  Just home from me shopping trip.

First up, Spotlight (AGAIN) for some elastic.

Then Mitre 10 for eyelets for wall hangings.

Then Farmers for some t-shirts.

And ummm, there was a sale on.  Buy one, get the second for half price.

So I did some shopping for summer.

I got two pairs of plain black shorts (stretchy fabric, but not cycle shorts), and a lovely white Bolero to wear over summer dresses, and these tops:

ABOVE: WHY ON EARTH do manufacturers make tops for 'bigger girls' with HORIZONTAL STRIPES?? Derrr.  I particularly love the two on the left.

Must be a bloke.

Anyway, I was happy with my new tops, they will see me through for the next few years I'm sure.  😊

And now I'm going to have an early lunch, then get into the sewing room to get those two runners finished.

OH AND THAT FISH?  It's Dante's pencil case. lol

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:00 AM

    A fish on a fleecy rug. Is it s Snapper? Kj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:03 AM

    Is that the flapping fish cat toy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kind of pencil case

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:46 PM

    I love your tops especially the blue striped one on right. Going have a look online. It's a pain going to the mall with their bright lights. Got sunglasses but I can't see details with them. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new tops. That whole horizontal stripes makes you look bigger is bullshit. I don’t know why that keeps coming up as a thing but they do not automatically make someone look bigger. In many cases, they actually have the opposite effect 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also bought some clothes at Farmers. A navy T shirt with silver feathers on and two pairs of 3/4 pants. When I got home I found that one of the pairs of pants were a different fit (although the same size and brand) so I took them back to swap... the dumb arse, rude shop assistant (no smiles, no hello etc) said no, I couldn't swap them unless I bought back BOTH pairs that I bought. I said no, I only want to swap a pair of the exact same brand etc. Again no, it can't be done so I very politely asked to see the manager. She then phoned someone and within a minute said 'oh yes, I can do that'. Bullshit. I was so freaking mad but didn't show it, just exploded to Stu when I got home!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.