Thursday, March 16, 2023

TEACHERS ON STRIKE

 I bet when Bex started work this week she never in a million years thought she'd need to ask me to babysit the boys twice in her first week!

But, that's what's happened.  And I don't mind as it's only for the morning, she's home by lunchtime.

And I know it probably won't happen again for ages.

So, I'm off to their home again this morning to watch the boys.

I'm not doing any mall walks or swims till next week now, as I'm a bit under the weather myself.  Nothing like a cold or similar, so I don't have to worry about the boys catching my bugs.


Tummy/girl type issues.  It will pass.  It has kept me from doing much the last couple of days.

I still haven't finished that damn fish runner!  So this afternoon I WILL DO IT.

The next market is in two days, I'm hoping I feel better by then.  The medication should have done it's job by then.   If not, it could be a bit 'uncomfortable'.  But we just plough on through it eh?  


It is bloody cold this morning.  Time to start wearing winter tops at least. 

ABOVE: Dang!
Might need some new clothes soon.

Another thing I've noticed recently which is fun.
My shadow is smaller. Silly things like that just make me feel SO HAPPY. 
This is what keeps me going, and I hope will finally keep me on track FOREVER.
I'm so over being a yo-yo dieter.

The boys are so happy playing with friends online. Babysitting is a breeze.  I'm wrapped up in a blanket just relaxing.

The dreaded discomfort of my current 'condition ' is easing... THANK GOD.

SPARKLING:  No it's not a UTI again.  It's the 'other' dreaded girl type problem resulting in severe itching and soreness.  I thought the little brown bird was a big clue!

I am now home and waiting for my lunch to cook.
I'm having a pasta/chicken/mushroom/onion and cheese sauce dish.  Similar to my other concoctions, just using pasta instead of potato.
Gotta mix it up or ya get bored pretty quick.

ABOVE:  I have a very unhappy tummy.  I think it's the THRUSH.  Infection, not bird.
Either way, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for it to be all cleared up FAST.

Stew got home from work early and is down at the local pub with his mates.  I didn't feel like going at all.

I expect he'll give me a text shortly to go and pick him up.

ABOVE:  Proof that ONCE IN A BLUE MOON I do drink something hot!  This is a Caramel Latte.  I probably won't drink it all.  I just felt like something else, ya know?  Very daring of me.  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜†

And that is me for the day.  I'm waiting to watch Coronation Street, then bedtime.
Catch ya tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:06 AM

    I altered a lot of clothes to tide me over.

    My suggestion is to buy as little as possible, but buy a couple really great things.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Bex, a stressful start to her working week. Lucky you are able to help out & hopefully the boys are all better & the teachers get a decent result from their strike. Hope you feel better soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a UTI - they are the pits. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:35 PM

    Looking great ChrisπŸ‘ I looked on trade me for new or newish clothes while losing weight quite often you can get a bargain some clothes still have labels on. Anne Palmy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh!!! Now I get it. Yep , that can be a result of the other girly issue (because of antibiotics). To whomever...... NEVER use the 1 day treatment cream. It makes everything burn like wildfire. So painful! The last time I got antibiotics they asked if I tend to get a yeast infection (Thrush) from the meds. I said yes. So they gave me PILLS! I never used them though. It was a rare incident of not getting the secondary issue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:33 PM

    I was trying to think what bird is that - too big for a sparrow. I'm thinking what's the clue??? There's no bird that rhymes with menopause. All the birds over here are big and black. Think Crows/hoes. Omg laughing. Maria(Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:56 PM

    I'm very lucky to have the best mother in law ever πŸ’• and with the boys being plugged in makes it a lot easier almost boring haha. Thank you again bex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:53 AM

    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeast infections are not pleasant, hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.