Thursday, March 09, 2023

AQUA FIT TODAY

 Today I am going to the first Aqua FIT class at the Gallagher Pool, which is over the other side of the city.

I wonder if it's going to be similar to the Aqua JOG class at Waterworld?  

Will it be really easy and slow, or more energetic?

I can't wait to find out.

Then I can make my forward plans for pretty much the rest of the year.

Aqua classes and mall walking.  I've got it all sussed really.  And I feel so positive about it too.

So, like Monday, I will come back after I've been, and let ya know how it goes, OK?

It's an earlier start today, so I have to leave even earlier than I did on Monday.  Getting across town during rush hour traffic is gunna be 'fun'.  NOT.

I better go and do the few jobs around here, before I need to leave.

Catch ya later.


8.30 am. It took exactly 33 minutes to get over here, which wasn't bad at all. I now have half an hour to kill before the class starts. I've also booked my spot here for next week.  edit:  Un-booked it now. 

ABOVE: It is a much smaller facility, but that's actually rather nice. Not so many people.  Or noise.

10.49 am: And I'm home again.  Just had me shower and washed all that chlorine outta me hair.
Run down of that class?
It was lead by the same instructor that does Aqua Jog.  So a very similar routine, only you could touch the bottom of the pool, as opposed to Aqua Jog, which is held in the dive pool at Waterworld.

My feeling is that I will stick with Aqua Jog over this side of town, seeing as they are so similar.
And Waterworld is only 8 minutes away from home instead of 33 minutes to get to the Gallagher Pool.

I am certainly feeling it in my arms today!  So Monday's class must have done me some good, even though I felt like it was very slow and tame.  My arms are probably the least 'toned/fit', so that's good eh?

Now... I'm going to sort out some lunch (for a bit later on), and go back into the sewing room.  I've made a small start on the next fish runner.

ABOVE:  Slight change of tack.  I found this panel in me stash, so have decided to make it into a runner/wall hanging.  Not sure how it will go as it's a looser weave of fabric than I'm used to working with.  But I'll give it a go.
It's cute, so I hope it works out.
I've got another panel of 'it' as well, only there's several smaller blocks instead of one big one.  I might work on that too.

Stew is due home in the next hour or so, cos he's off to the pub with his mates.  I'm not sure if I'll go or not yet, as my back is sore and they sit on leaners.  Leaners are not comfortable at all, and in fact I hate them with a passion!  

8.02 pm:  So I went to the pub for the last half an hour, then took our friend Rich home, before coming home with Stew. 
It's now time to just wind down for the day, looking forward to Coronation Street then bed.

Catch ya tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:36 AM

    Chris have you thought of searching Google maps roughly the time you should leave the day before you need to drive somewhere to get a rough idea of the time it will take to drive there. Google maps gives you the time based on current traffic conditions. Hope you can understand what I’m trying to say. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why didn't I think of that? lol thanks Marie.

      Delete
  2. I would think you can "modify" any class to suit your personal level. Faster / slower / higher / lower / more / less intence ... whatever it takes. You are doing really well and it is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:12 PM

    Funny that it was the same instructor. ;-) Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must be doing some good if u felt it in your legs chick

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.