Wednesday, March 08, 2023

CAN YOU HAVE TOO MANY?

 How many different 'bags' do you have for various purposes?

I am wondering if I have a problem!


ABOVE:  I have several bags on the go.  Coco thinks I'm nuts of course. 
 
OH and Happy Birthday to Coco!  She is 13 today, and shares her birthday with my Dad, who would have been 89 today.

ABOVE:  Explanation?  Marley LOVES tennis balls.

But she also loves shoving them under furniture and rolls of batting, then DIGGING them out.

She ruined a large chunk of my latest roll of batting doing that.

So... I finally thought of a way she can have a tennis ball to chew to death, without doing any damage to my furniture or batting.  I attached a string to it and tied it to the table.

At the moment, she's a bit confused.

Give her time, she'll come around to enjoying it, without playing hide and seek with it. 

ABOVE:  And there ya go.  It didn't take her long to start stripping the fluff off that ball.  😂

Today?  Hmmm... probably just finish that Fish Runner, then perhaps start a couple more.

And I also need to ring and book my next Aqua Jog Class for next Wednesday.
You can only book for the following week, and only one class at a time.
So, if I want to go to next Wednesday's Jog Class, I have to book it this morning.  Same for every single Aqua session you want to attend.
It's slightly annoying, but seems they've had that system for years.

When I'm at the Aqua Fit class tomorrow, I can book for next Thursday's class then.

Right, I'm off to start me day.
Catch ya later.


10.59 am:  This morning, cos I was in the mood, I decided to go for a walk.  But not outside in the heat of the sun.
I took myself off to Chartwell Square.

ABOVE:  It's probably the most ram raided Mall in New Zealand!
Seriously.  It's like pretty much every week it is raided.

I see all the Hollywood Cafe's have closed down too.  Sad, they have been around forever.  Though I don't blame that one in Chartwell... it's right beside the front doors, which are now made of wood.

ABOVE: It was nice and quiet in the mall, so not too many people to dodge around as I walked.  I did 2.91 kms walking the entire length of the mall, both downstairs, then upstairs.  That was three 'laps' of the mall (top and bottom).
It felt good to be out there walking in relative comfort.  I didn't overheat.

After my walk, I went to the supermarket and bought 14 things, that cost $99.  Crazy prices.
Oh and a word of warning.  If you are shopping for things that have expiry dates at Countdown Rototuna, CHECK THE DATES.

I swear to god I picked up three things in the deli area that had grossly out of date ham/mussels/dips.  Like WEEKS over their USE BY DATE.  I gathered them up and took them up to the guy working in that area and gave them to him.
I didn't stick around long enough to see if he put them back on the shelf or not.  I hope he didn't.

Now that I'm home again, I'm going to fling open all the windows and then do some sewing.
It is a stunning Late Summer / Autumn day.

ABOVE:  And there ya have it, another one done.
I'm now taking a break for lunch.
Back later.

7.25 pm:  Clearly its much later!
I had a visit from Bex and her friend Ren this afternoon.  Ren is the girl I'm gifting all my painting supplies to.  She is thrilled to bit with it all.

After they left I made some cheesy scones, just enough for Stew and I to have 2 each.  Then I lay down with a sick headache and dozed until Stew got home.

I turned one of the front soaker hoses on mid afternoon, and totally forgot about it for 3 hours!  Whoops.  Well, at leas that garden is well watered.  lol

I'm going to sign off for the day now, and make sure I have everything I need for tomorrow's Aqua Class over the other side of town.  
Catch ya tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. That is an odd policy. Perhaps it minimizes "no shows". Happy birthday Coco. Woof!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:38 AM

    Chris our aqua classes can be booked 70 hours in advance. I swear the old people get up in the middle of the night to book in, then it seems to me that they cancel on the day, it seems that’s the only way I can get a booking myself. We have a maximum of 20. Oh, and don’t accidentally encroach on a centimetre of their space in the water!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:49 AM

    At least you have all of your bags packed for an event/class, etc....I have a bag fetish and just stow them in my closet, taking one out as I need it. I need to get rid of some of my bags but I can't!!!! Haha Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGH! That expired shit could do very bad things to a human. YUCK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Expired food is unforgiveable. I have a similar bag problem but mine is craft projects. I currently have 5 on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One bag only but I don’t do aqua fit etc Actually I I do have a work bag with the keys I need, water and ‘my glass cloth’

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use to walk the aisle of the 24 hrs countdown when id drive to chch from twizel much safer at 11 at night. Also a couple of the malls in chch use to have arranged walking groups that would track the mall before they opened.?wonder if any do that in Hamilton be way get to meet local folks maybe...hot here after a cooler misty start

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:37 PM

      Our indoor mall (Indiana, USA) also opens its doors an hour early for walkers.

      The pool in my neighborhood also opens an hour early for adults only.

      When my youngest was a baby, I got a zoo pass, was there when they opened, and walked with him in the stroller, all summer.

      Vickie

      Delete
  8. Indoor walking is great, well done. I love the new fish, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WTG on the walking! Our mall has had the jewelry stores smashed and grabbed a few times. Our mall is totally dying but the one a little bit away is great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:33 AM

    Chris it's a masterpiece. Love it. Mall walking is good. For me it's safe, nothing to trip on and the scenery changes every few seconds lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.