Monday, March 06, 2023

AQUA JOGGING


ABOVE:  First up for today, and a first for me here in Hamilton.  Aqua Jogging at Waterworld.

Fingers crossed I love it, and there's some nice people in the group.

I will, of course, let ya know once I get home again.

It's at 10 am, and goes for 45 minutes.  So I'll be back to update around 11.30 OK?

ABOVE:  Finishing touches to a couple of new trees on the back lawn.


ABOVE:  Remember me dousing this pot in Diet Coke a while ago?  LOL... looks like something is starting to grow again!  But let's not get carried away... might be too soon.  But those pearly things are GREEN!


ABOVE:  Lacy amused herself in the rockery yesterday.


ABOVE: That one looks like a frog.

Right, I'm off to get some washing on, make the bed, bla bla bla.


ABOVE: I left home really early as I wasn't sure what the traffic would be like.  Ha ha! I am here a full hour too early. 
So thats ok. I can scroll the internet to kill time.
At least I've got my swim pass on me wrist... no queues for me.

Oh and after installing all the soaker hoses and watering all the gardens late yesterday..  it rained. SO typical. 

11.40 am, and I'm home.  Got washing out and can now sit down and update.
AQUA JOGGING.  Hmmmm.

ABOVE:  That is the description of the class.  NOTE: High Intensity.

If it HAD been high intensity, 85% of the class would have probably dropped dead on the spot.

It was incredibly slow.
And that is all I am going to say on that.

Except, it WAS lovely being in the water.

I'm not hugely disappointed, just thought it would be a more vigorous workout.  And I thought some of the participants would have been around my age.  There might have been two?  who were of a similar age to me.

So, let's see what Thursday's Aqua Fit class is like shall we?

I am now going to get my lunch, then probably head into the sewing room for a while.  

ABOVE:  I'm really enjoying this one.  😊

It took a while to be happy with the composition and so on... but it's coming along nicely now.

It's stinkin' hot.  The cicadas are in full swing... summer has arrived... in Autumn.  (Fall for you northern buggers)

8.11 pm:  Time to wind down for the day.  It's a very pleasant evening, now that it's cooled down.
Looking forward to a good night's sleep, cos last night I went to bed far too early and woke at around 3 am, and that was it for sleep.  Sucked.
So tonight I'm staying up till my usual bedtime,  which is around 11 pm.
Catch ya tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Now you can have time to explore the facility. Do they have a hot tub? That's where I would be! Hope the class is good / fun / friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiwionholidays10:09 AM

    Hey looks a fab early morning place to be , good on you being early

    You will have a ball..

    Cheers 🥂

    Love Lacy’s pottering too….

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, just saying hi, hope the aqua class is worthy of going back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck. Hopefully its awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:33 PM

    I go to aqua 2-4 times a week, each instructor has their own routines, after going to a few classes you will work out which suits you best....any movement is good I say...my back is so bad that certain movements are not good for me at all....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:20 PM

    I go to deep water running and aqua aerobics...... I work out much harder than the others, I am 69 and would be the youngest there, the old people use it as a social event and exercise their mouth more than any other body part, as well as two old blokes who try speed dating in the pool. I ignore them all and just work out harder, I don’t need new friends. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:22 PM

    I have taken lots of aqua classes over the years. Instructors usually have suggestions to increase intensity. Like going in much deeper water. Or using resistance bands/empty water jugs/etc. Ask privately.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Speed dating in the pool lol
    Any Movement is good and water less stress and more buoyancy nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:20 PM

    It is still called Autumn in the UK - fall in the States and Canada! Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Use both terms in Canada. I might be a bit old school pretty sure it was called Autumn back in the day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.