Monday, October 19, 2020

TIKI TOUR PHOTOS

 Right... here's the photos I took a couple of days ago, when Ron took me on a 'Tiki Tour' around the hills and so on.



ABOVE:    I look like a ***good year blimp*** in that top! But it's so pretty. 


ABOVE:  Stunning views!  Horrifically STEEP roads to get there!  And that viewing deck?  It kinda moved when people walked on it... I was shitting myself.

Starting to give a head's up.
I will be in Sydney on the 26th of October.  I will be in a motel out by the airport for FOUR DAYS.
If anyone nearby would like to visit or see me... my Aussy phone number is : 044 8071875
I will have three full days to kill.
It's OK if no one can make it to see me/visit me... I'll just go SHOPPING! 😋😅😂

ABOVE:  I was concerned about Ron after Mum's death.  He said he just didn't see the point in doing anything on the property again.

He said he only did it for Mum, because she loved the gardens so much.
But in the past couple of days he's mowed the lawns and done some grass cutting on the steeper banks too.

So I think he's coming right... it just takes time.
AND doing the grounds keeps him busy, and he gets good and tired and can sleep at night.

I've no idea what we are doing today.  It's supposed to be raining ... I've not looked outside yet so no idea if it is or not.

ONWARD...

10.44 am:  I've just been into town and posted two parcels home.  Easier than lugging the stuff around in me suitcases.
It was just fabric Mum had given me, plus the fabric I brought over with me to work on.

HA HA!  I've not felt like sewing IN THE LEAST the entire time I've been here.
It never even entered my head.  Same with the jigsaws I brought over with me.  Have not done them.

While out, I bought two winter jackets (wool) for $30 each!  Down from $150.  Crazy to think they can sell them for that.  Imagine what their mark up must be!

At some point today I am going to make a start on the dusting around here.  It desperately needs doing.  

How fitting... the day Mum died it poured with rain.  It's one week today and ... it's pouring with rain again.

And it's cold!  I've got a jacket on.  And 3/4 tights.  I didn't think to bring any long tights... did not for one second think I'd get cold!

ABOVE:  Can't see the town at all!  

1.54 pm:  and all the dusting and polishing is done in the family/dining room.  Big job DONE.

***  man has it rained ***
*** like all day! ***

I'm signing off now... time to try and chill out for a little while.  My stress levels are HIGH as f*#k.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:24 AM

    Good Morning Mum and Ron xx

    Some really lovely pic of Coffs Harbour and you and Ron 💙

    #Lacy 💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Ron keeps the gardens up. They are beautiful. And yardwork is a really great physical activity as well. If they get out of control it will be hard for him or anyone else to rein them in again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh bum! You'll be here on weekdays so I can't get into the city to see you! :(

    If you like long train rides you can get a train (well 2 I think) up to the Blue Mountains, to Katoomba. It's so lovely up there. There's so much to see and do in the city. I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the top and love those gardens. Sadly I am not allowed more than 25k from my home so I can't get up to Sydney to see you. I would have been there in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:27 PM

    The property is just stunning and seeing has out Cuffs in my travel list, it's really beautiful!
    Chris can I please ask where you got your black jumpsuit from? Sharnee in Melbourne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jumpsuit came from TS14+, or Taking Shape (same shop). It is really neat!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:09 PM

      Thank you x

      Delete
  6. Anonymous3:51 PM

    What fantastic views. I’m sure Ron will look at the garden and the motivation of the maintenance will come knowing the way The Old Moo liked it kept
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved that look out and so did Rena.. Miss that Place so Much...
    I miss grabbing the Binoculars and Whale watching...
    Rena rolling down the front lawn, standing up and laughing then falling over..
    So many Beautiful amazing Memories...

    Big Loves to Ron,, love to Mum

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is that top is stunning love it and the colours fabulous.
    The views postcard worthy what a beautiful sight. Being outside gardening is my happy place albeit vegetarian garden as opposed to flowers.
    Wow not long now to go to Sydney. I’m wondering the Zoo might be the place to hang out?
    The market dress is stunning too you’ve really “coloured” up your wardrobe shopping wowza...
    A ferry ride, ohhhhhhh you can bishop all around the city actually buy a one stop sop card and get in off as many times.
    Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheesh me spelling a bit off supposed to be vege garden and bushop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:25 AM

    Chris - thank you for all of the lovely pictures. I doubt I will ever make it over that way, and I really appreciate your sharing with us the beauty of the land there. I send peaceful thoughts to you, Chris. You and everyone there have been put through the ringer and I know sometimes it is hard to quite ones brain, to turn off all noise, so I send peace and love to you. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a lot of nice views on the tour! Can you come dust here?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.