Wednesday, October 21, 2020

FABRIC!

 Every day I'm here now ... I have no plans.

But still manage to fill my days.

Today I plan on going to Sawtell, which is a little seaside town just south of Coffs Harbour.

Mum loved to shop there, so I am duty bound to check it out.  I KNOW she would have taken me there!

As I told you yesterday, I bought a little bit of fabric in Coramba:

ABOVE:  And see?  I wasn't lying.  Just 4 pieces.  The top two are real pretties Mum would have loved.  And some delicious wool for a Christmas present.

ABOVE:  Every resident up Ron's private road is responsible for their section of the road.  This is what Ron's looks like.  Just beautiful.  No one else keeps their part of the road maintained or lined with beautiful foliage like Ron.

Such a shame really.  The road is going to rack and ruin.

It's a nightmare to drive on... and it's DELIBERATLY like that!

There's one property owner that EVERYONE dislikes intensely, by all accounts he's a right mongrel (call him PW).

So, no one is prepared to maintain the road as it would benefit HIM, and his business, that brings more and more traffic up the road.

There's talk of speed bumps being installed to slow him and his 'clients' down.

This is an ongoing, long standing feud between all the neighbours vs. PW ... the mongrel.  Sad really. 


ABOVE:  One little area on neighbour Mark's property... there's fairy lights at night.  Mark and his wife are lovely, and have been over to check on us; and brought 6 precooked dinners over for Ron!

And now... time to get up and go for a walk before it gets too hot.

ONWARD...

ABOVE:  Sunrise on my 62nd Birthday.  Cos... well you might have twigged by now that it's me birthday! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„

11.55 am:  And I'm done with shopping!


ABOVE: That is looking down the main shopping street of Sawtell.  There's a lot of cafes, clothing shops and nick nack shops.


ABOVE: I just HAD TO BUY this clock!  Can't think why.  Can you? πŸ˜†

ABOVE:  I gave myself a nice morning tea... lemon slice.  It was very nice. Shame there was no birthday candle and family around me.  But well... it is what it is.





ABOVE :  This is the natural rock pool Mum told me about.  I am going to swim in it... next time I come over with Stew.

That will be in a year's time.

I also wanted to walk on the Coffs Harbour Jetty, but decided I'd like to leave that as something I do with Stew too.

I'm now back at the house, and making lunch for Ron and I.

I'm feeling really teary at the moment ... obviously missing my family.  I also picked up Mum's Death Certificate today. 😒

How EVIL can a person be?  Ron was just working on his part of the road when THE MONGREL drove along... going too fast as per usual.  Ron waved him down... indicating he'd like him to slow down.

And that FUCKING ARSEHOLE started banging really hard on the side of his ute, and laughing as loud as he could at Ron!!!  Laughing at a man who's just lost his 'wife'.  WTF sort of person does that?

OMG If I could do something really horrible to him right now I would.

Right... it's the end of the day.

I've had an average day really.  A bit low this morning, then just cruised all afternoon.

Dinner tonight was just sausages and salads.

Time to sign off, catch ya tomorrow.

43 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:05 AM

    Happy Birthday Ma πŸ’™
    #Lacy πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPPY BIRTHDAY to you xx have a lovely day shopping I'm sure you'll find all the pretty stuff. yourself and Ron better be having a cake tonight xx love ya πŸ’™πŸŽ‚

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? It's your birthday? Good day to go shopping then! Every photo you post is just so gorgeous. Keep it up Ron! It's just lovely. Love that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:23 AM

    Happy birthday Chris. I am enjoying these little snippets of your days
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you Chris! Enjoy your shopping x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:41 AM

    Happy Birthday πŸŽ‚ πŸ₯³ I sincerely hope you have a joyful day πŸ’— πŸ’™ George's Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Chris, and happy shopping! I hope you find some treats while out that bring you lots of joy πŸ’πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚πŸŽ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Walking there must be stunning... hard on the hills but beautiful. I don't remember too much of our time in Coffs Harbour it was cold and winter time but we did go to the 'clog barn' and had a bit of a laugh. Clogs everywhere :) You'll be back in Sydney in no time then back on NZ soil at least. If you get to quarantine in either Auckland or Hamilton you will be able to see family when you exercise (hopefully, depends on the situation). We could have chatted to people through the fence in Christchurch the other day at two different locations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday, you gorgeous thing. Have a great day and enjoy that shopping. I know you can't wait to get home but it's nice that you're getting the chance to do the things you would have done with mum. Creating new memories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday Chris. Wish I could go shopping with you, your fabric and wool are beautiful. Enjoy your special day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything is so pretty there! It appears to be your birthday! I was thinking it was close to Scott's! Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous9:46 AM

    Enjoy shopping in your mum's favourite place. I'm sure you'll see something special for your birthday. Have a lovely day. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hoping you're having a lovely birthday πŸ’›πŸŒΌπŸ’›πŸŒΌ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday to you. I hope that you have a great day shopping. Can't wait to see what you have bought.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Chris! Hope you have fun shopping and facetiming with the family.Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Happy Birthday Chris, enjoy your day.
    Love that little fairy garden.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I sent you a PM... Hope You Have Fantastic Day Love You

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday mum πŸ’™
    Love you xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday Chris. I hope you are able to have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy birthday Chris may you enjoy your shopping day xx
    Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday - I know you'll have a great celebration when you get home, there seems to be lots of delayed celebrations these days. Nice to keep some of the special things for when you and Stew are back there!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy birthday. I'm glad you got to have a celebratory treat.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous3:15 PM

    The mongrel is an ass! I'd have lost it. No respect for others especially his neighbours.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous4:01 PM

    Happy Happy Birthday Chris!
    I'm sad you are teary today, I'd be a mess, you are a strong woman x
    Sharnee, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous4:24 PM

    Happy Birthday!

    Can "the mongrel" be reported to the police, perhaps with a video of his dangerous driving? Or, does the fact that it's a private road mean that driving regulations don't apply. Perhaps the residents should keep a log of incidents to report all at the same time. Just a thought.

    Hope Steve is feeling a little better.

    A Fan in Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Police have been involved several times but as its a private road, there is NOTHING they can do.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous7:20 PM

      grrr this makes my blood boil, I'm sure they would do something if a accident happened....πŸ˜• grrr 😑😠
      poor Ron having to put up with this kind of thing 😒😣.... this is a perfect time for good old Karma to pop it's head up....

      hope the rest of you're and Ron's day is smooth and nice xx

      #Lacy πŸ’™

      Delete
  26. Put a poo in his letterbox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:21 PM

      oml kittie444 was having a sip of wine as I read your comment.....🀣 almost had a little accident lol πŸ˜‚ but love it, something the younger me might of done xxx
      #Lacy πŸ’™

      Delete
  27. Happy Birthday! That clock is going to look so cute in your home! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy birthday Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hope you find some happiness today on your Birthday, it must be hard for you but soon you will be back with Stew and your family and they will celebrate your birthday with you then I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous5:51 PM

    Happy Birthday!! Love your clock!
    Ally S. Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous6:08 PM

    Happy Birthday...lovely pics

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy birthday Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy birthday Chris. Glad you're finding fun things to do and getting lots of shopping therapy.
    Kronia polla

    ReplyDelete
  34. I had the same poo thought! Lol
    Save up the neighbourhood Dogg poo fling it all over his drive entrance so he runs through it what a twat.....
    Love the crab clock neat alright.
    Blondie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same poo idea too. A shithead like him deserves it !!

      Delete
  35. Anonymous10:43 PM

    Happy Birthday ! You must have a proper celebration once you get home and are with your family, defo with candles on your cake ! What a gorgeous swimming area, something to look forward to when you visit with Stew. The clock is fab.....very you, a blue sea creature !
    Jane G

    ReplyDelete
  36. Happy birthday Chris 😊

    ReplyDelete
  37. Anonymous12:09 AM

    Happy birthday Chris, Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Happy Birthday Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm so sorry I missed your birthday! Happy birthday Chris. I'm sorry you had to spend it so far from home but I'm sure they'll have something lovely planned for you when you get home! <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.