Tuesday, October 27, 2020

THAT'S BETTER

Yesterday afternoon, once I arrived at the Motel; I spent almost 4 hours unpacking all my bags and repacking them.

Taking out anything that was old or just not needed ... like most of the clothes I brought over from NZ!  Plus some toiletries, a pair of old shoes and so on.

ABOVE:  Three bags full!  I hope that has made my bags the 'correct' weight now.
They certainly feel lighter.

Now as for today?  I need to go find food.  I've only eaten 2 cereal bars since I left Coffs Harbour. Probably need a decent brunch.

Then I am not sure what I will do.  I still don't feel like doing much.  But I am thinking of catching a taxi to some mall somewhere.

ONWARD...

Well it looks like it's gunna be another 'cry my eyes out' day.

ABOVE:  My motel room overlooks part of the airport, and the Ambulance station.

I looked out this morning to see two ambulances, and immediately my thoughts returned to Mum's last vehicular ride.

It was from the house to Bellingen Hospital, in an ambulance identical to them.
That set off the tears again.


Lacy is having fun at Amanda's...

ABOVE: She keeps finding wood to make a fire with.  
Someone asked me about the little dog?
That is 'Lady', Amanda's CKC Spaniel.  Lady is about 8 years old I think.

10.04 am : And I decided to get out and about. So I got a taxi to Westfield Bondi Junction!  HUGE mall. It's  gunna take me a while to explore it all. Which is excellent.

ABOVE: It's not very busy.

12.56:  And well... the mall got busier.  And I explored every floor and alleyway.
Took me 3.5 hours.
I bought these items:

ABOVE: These two cute Christmas decorations (lightweight!) and...

ABOVE: This very soft and cute little soft toy.   I have a small lock of my Mum's hair that I am going to sew into this toy, then she will be going on my bed or headboard.  I'm going to call her CM.  Stands for Christina Maud.

What else did I get?  Just these:

ABOVE:  Food and drink to last me till Friday.
I don't care if I stay in this motel till then now.
I'm DONE shopping.
And wandering around on my own.

3.13 pm:  Just lying on my bed... thinking about how LONG two weeks is.

Not looking forward to those two weeks in Quarantine at all.  I feel like all I've done for the past 3 months is wait for time to pass.

- Time to get permission to go to Australia, and actually leave.
- Counting down the time in Quarantine in Sydney.

- Counting down to starting my journey home again.
- Right now, counting down to fly home.

And finally... that last countdown to get OUT OF QUARANTINE, once I'm in Auckland!

I hope I don't have to do any sort of friggin COUNTDOWN for a very long time to come!

I just finished yakking with Steve, Bex and the boys.  It made me dreadfully homesick.  I feel a million miles away from them all.
I dream of when Stew will wrap his arms around me again.  Nothing is gunna beat that feeling.  NOTHING.

6.36 pm:  And I've had a lovely chat with Stew and Brylee now ... so I can happily end this day.
Not much else is likely to happen here in me motel room, so catch ya tomorrow.

16 comments:

  1. Morning Mum, hope you have a good day, we Miss you.

    Love ya Kelly, Rena and Keera

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you doing with those extras clothes? Leaving them, shipping them, or wearing them ALL on the plane! HAHA. Try to do something today, even if it's just a stroll around. Because soon there will be a whole lot of "not doing much" going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will do you the world of good to take a taxi somewhere and get out and about. Go to either Pitt Street Mall, or Paddy's Markets, or if you have an umbrella, go to Circular Quay. Visit Centre Point Tower off the Pitt Street Mall. If you like to window shop (but don't have the money to spend) take a visit to Queen Victoria Building. But get out. If only for a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes. I was inquiring about cute dog! That looks like a cozy and fun little yard to hang out in. I am sitting here with 5 inches of snow. I guess winter is starting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning mum.... lol Lacy.... and Lady is 9 🥰 same ages as Emily 💙 good guess tho mum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the scene in the photo with the cute dog and the outdoor fire. That looks relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. get ola app much cheaper than taxi and they usually have good deals for new users. Is like uber but I think Ola is nicer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you get into the city or somewhere? Being stuck at the airport for a few days is a bit like lockdown :) I hope you have something planned. Not long now and how good will it feel to be on a plane back to NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:34 AM

    Queen Victoria Building is well worth a visit, especially if you haven't been before. Nothing like it in NZ - reminds me of places in England. Agree with Dogstar, soon be back in quarantine with nowhere to go. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tears will come at the silliest of things and without warning. I remember bursting into tears at my local mall a couple of weeks after mum died. And she and I were nowhere near as close as you and your mum. It's a natural part of the grieving process so don't be too hard on yourself.
    Shopping sounds like the perfect pickmeup. Just be careful what you buy - you don't want to undo all that good culling!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see you are getting out and about today and have found a good mall to visit. One of my favourite malls in Sydney is Westfield Miranda Shopping Centre. I have fond memories of all the retail therapy I undertook there

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let yourself rest & grieve, you have had to be around Ron & look after him & his feelings for the last couple of weeks, this next few days is about you. There will be lots of moments of wanting to tell your Mum something, or thinking you will give her a call, it is perfectly natural, I still half expect Gary to come upstairs on a Saturday night to give me an update on the rugby score or tell me about some car he just saw etc:-).

    Can you ask for your room to be changed, I am sure if you explain how distressing it is to see the ambulances every time you lookout the window they could do something.

    Try & get out, even just for a short walk to get some fresh air & exercise, it will do wonders for your mental wellbeing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why don't you get the train into town, get off at St James and go for a walk through the Botanic Gardens? Then down to Mrs Macquarie's Chair? She used to sit there and think of those she missed back home. :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so sweet! The way you love your Mom, Stew, and family. The little creature with a lock of Mom's hair is so thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful idea for the lock of your mums hair. I did have a locket which broke and looking at ideas to keep her close.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Try to get out and about a little as you have a solid quarantine in the days to come. Take care be well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.