Sunday, October 25, 2020

LAST FULL DAY HERE

Well... here it is.

My last full day here in Coffs Harbour.

Tomorrow I leave for Sydney.

But for today.... I am hoping to pop down to the local Harbourside Market and pick up another dress.

But that will depend on the weather, cos if it's raining I doubt the stall holder will even be there.

Yesterday Stew worked on another 'project' at home.  


ABOVE: Our trailer used to sit half on a garden... bark etc.

ABOVE:  And now it sits over these pavers!  Hasn't Stew done a lovely job of this area?  I'm thrilled to bits.
It's to neat and tidy.

Stew sure is keeping our home spic and span.  

We are expecting Ron's daughter, Diane; for lunch today.  In fact, I think she's bringing lunch.  That will be nice.
I think Christina, the neighbour, is calling in today too.
So it might be a 'social' day.

I will also be packing my bags.  That won't take too much time, I'm basically just gunna throw it all in and worry about sorting it out properly once I'm in Sydney.

I'm pretty sure once I'm in Sydney I will be able to unwind a bit.
It has been very... strange in the house since Mum died.  It has felt 'wrong' being here when she isn't.
Don't know how that makes sense, but it's just a feeling I have.

Right, I shall get up and get myself sorted ready to go to the market.

ONWARD...

9.46 am:  And no, the lady who sells the linen dresses wasn't there, so no more for me.
When/if we come back in a year's time I can probably get it then.
No hurry.

Now... I'm at the house again, all packed up except for what's on the clothes line and in the bathroom.  Just last minute things.

I'm literally drumming my fingers on the table.
The anticipation of actually starting the journey home is so palpable right now.

ABOVE:  That Kookaburra has had a right feast on the lawn today. Ron mowed the lawns and heaps of worms came up to the surface.  
Those birds must have amazing sight to spy them so easily.

ABOVE: Well Diane made us a really lovely lunch of a zucchini quiche and salad.

After lunch we sat and chatted for a couple of hours, then I went for a wander in the bush around the house.

ABOVE:  Have I shown you the Brush Turkey's 'nest' yet?
That is it!  Huge.  And he sits on the top and rakes more leaves on it.

It's cooling down now... we are expecting a storm.  I would be surprised if it arrived.

4.35 pm:  well no storm, but certainly lots of heavy drizzle.  Can't see the town at all from up here in the hills.

Maybe it will get heavier and 'stormy' later on?

So, for tonight's dinner we had chicken kebabs, salad and home made wedges.  Very yummy.
Now?  Time to make sure I'm ready for tomorrow... double check I've not forgotten anything and then... bed.
I'll probably toss and turn all night!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:03 AM

    Good Morning DCR 😊

    Hope you're last day in Coffs Harbour is a nice one, and yes it does make sence how you are feeling, I hope Ron will be OK once you leave xx
    #Lacy 💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fabulous last day in Coffs. One more sleep and you will be on the way home. I'm sure Ron will be fine with family and neighbours to keep an eye on him. As his grief slowly subsides he will be able to remember the happy times he spent with Mum and the great love they shared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more sleep! Enjoy Sydney and your freedom to relax. I wonder where you will be quarantined back here? OMG, can you imagine how happy you will be to finally get that big hug from Stew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:20 PM

    I understand that you have to have a voucher for quarantine in NZ now - does it say on the voucher where you will be quarantined? Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your last day is full of neighbors and visits. Can't wait to hear the saga of your next 2 part adventure. Part 1 Sydney. Part 2 New Zealand Quarantine. Try to do something utterly RELAXING while in Sydney. Hair cut and Color. Massage. Hot Tub. Beach. Massage. Shopping. Give yourself an extra pampering before quarantine. And if there is anything that you really wished you had during the last quarantine..... Make sure you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww that has gone fast really I’m sure you’re keen to get on the homeward journey......
    Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:40 PM

    Gosh the time has flown by you have made THE OLD MOO very proud 💙 please give Ron a huge hug from us and I sincerely hope he's going to be okay and have loads of support over the coming weeks and months George's Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your last evening and morning in a house and grounds that your mum loved xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kiwionholidays8:39 PM

    Sleep tite catchup tomorrow,,,


    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.