Saturday, October 24, 2020

SAWTELL MARKET TODAY

 Today I am going to the Sawtell Family Market.

This is the one where I'm supposed to 'help' the Country Women's Association ladies on their stall!

I wonder what they will have me doing?

I'm sure I will get a chance to look around the market too.  Should be a nice day.


ABOVE:  A rain drop. Something so little, yet so pretty.

ABOVE:  Such a pretty view looking up the driveway.  And that Staghorn Fern on the tree?  Beautiful. There's lots of them around this property.

ABOVE:  Amanda and Lacy... waiting for one of the kids after school.  I can tell who's who.  Can YOU?

Seems Lacy has started a new 'thing'... wear high heels on Fridays.  And Amanda has to as well.  Twats.

Right, I better go... market awaits.

ONWARD...

5.20 am : Seriously don't know if the market will be on now. We have thunder and lightening and heavy rain. 

7.18 am:  And the rain has eased up a bit, so I'm still going to the market. If it's a fizzer I will just come home again.

ABOVE:  Today I am wearing one of the new dresses I bought.  I love it, AND I found it has pockets!  So neat.

12.45 pm:  And well... the market was very small due to the weather.  Though while I was there it did not rain at all.
But lots of stall holders gave it a miss because it had been bucketing down all night!

Mum's friend, Christina, was there.

ABOVE: She kept her stall pared down in case it rained.  I had to get something of her's to bring home... and what better than this:

ABOVE:  It's a very sweet little zippered bag, might be perfect for an overnight toilet bag.  Or something like that.

I brought home some home cooked slices and cake for Ron.

I've just finished vacuming the house, so time to chill out for a while.
It's quite humid and still now.

2.24 pm:  Is it too soon to go to bed and cross off the 2nd to last night here?  


Oh and whose legs were whose?
Amanda on the Left, Lacy on the Right!  How do I know?
Only Lacy would have purple polish on her toes!  And she's wearing skank shoes!  😂😅😆

And dinner tonight was Chicken Pot Pie, mashed potato and veges.
Very nice dinner.

Now... bedtime soon.
Off to me room to watch a YouTube video or two, Ron is watching Aussy Rules Football... NOT my cuppa tea.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:37 AM

    That photo of the leaves is beautiful such amazing colours 😍 hopefully the rain stops and you can go to the market and be their lackey lol. Off to the rubbish dump today will take Guy with me but will probably bring him back home again unless I can recycle him 👍🤣 George's Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy in the USA8:18 AM

    Ron does such an excellent gardening job, the property is a slice of heaven. It is unbelievably beautiful. Glad to read that you are doing well and Happy (belated) 62nd Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The feet out the window are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:22 AM

    I think your mum is washing everything off so it looks all nice and tidy. XO
    Sending hopes that the market isn't rained out and that the sky is soon blue.

    Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:59 AM

    The dress looks awesome on you. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is stunning! And flattering too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kiwionholidays1:05 PM

    Lacy left Amanda right..??
    Love that dress on you hope the markets go great for you,

    Lovely property thanks for sharing the lovely pics with us ,,

    Hope all in nz n Steve n Bex n all having a fab LONG weekend ,,

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the photos. The feet out the window is a nice fun photo. I'm guessing Lacy's feet on the left, and Amanda's on the right. I love that new dress on you ... very colourful. I hope that you have lots of fun at the market - a great way to fill in some time while there. I love Ky Girl's theory on the rain above ... a nice way to think about things and feel your Mum is still around you. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look very swish Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:50 PM

    You should get some low socks, think they are called sockettes. Then you won't end up with sock tan lines.
    It's the same comfort as wearing socks but you can't see them.
    The best ones I have found are by a skate brand called Globe. They have a small silicon bit by the heel so they don't slip.
    I've tried heaps and they are the best. Will find them online if you want me to post up the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have some, but they are in the wash right now.

      Delete
  11. Anonymous5:17 PM

    Don’t you just love that fashion these days allows us to wears comfy shoes with dresses! You look adorable 😊 and I am loving the emojis. Michelle from Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous1:35 AM

    That dress is so gorgeous - great buy and looks so comfy. Time to get the winter woolies and boots out here - been putting it off as I'm a barefoot and shorts summer kinda girl. Should be living in NZ really, can't wait for your borders to re-open so I can come and see my gal in Nelson.
    Jane G

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.