Tuesday, October 20, 2020

SNEAK PEAK

 So today I thought I'd give you a sneak peek at a couple more new items of clothing I've bought myself.

ABOVE:  Obviously I won't wear BLACK tights and bra under this when wearing it out.  Just for the purpose of taking the photo the other day though... I was like ... MEH. Doesn't matter.

I really, REALLY love this dress.

Best thing about most things I've bought recently is they are ONE SIZE FIT'S ALL, so will fit me even if I lose more weight.


ABOVE:  I just love this top too.  

Both those items are made from LINEN, so lovely and light, and cool to wear.

The blue dress has pockets at around the 'hip zone', and it flares out there as well.  I don't like that, so will be sewing the pockets OUT, and taking it in at that point. I actually bought two of that top, the light blue one and a navy blue one. 

Today I'm going to start going on a daily walk again.  I want to get my fitness up a bit... I've done virtually nothing since I got here.  Obviously, spending time with Mum was paramount.

But now, I have the time to get out and walk more.  So, that's top of my 'to do' list until I leave here.  Then when I'm in Sydney I will continue walking.

With any luck, once I'm in Quarantine in Auckland, I get a hotel that has an exercise area.  Seems most of them do. 

I want to get home fitter than I left it, if at all possible.

ONWARD...

Well a little bit of bad news... our Steve is back in Hospital.

His pancolitis flare up has ramped up, so he's where he needs to be.

There will be a few tests done over this coming week, then HOPEFULLY some tweaking of his medications... or maybe he goes to an 8 weekly infusion.  Either way, there's no talk RIGHT NOW of an operation to remove his bowel.

THANK GOD.

I just got home from a walk up the road... it's not long... but up and down a lot.  Feels good to be doing something again.

ABOVE:  Looking back from my walk at Ron's house... you can JUST see it in the bush.


ABOVE:  A Yellow Cheeked Galah. He wasn't impressed with me and squawked. 


ABOVE:  Awwww sad.  This little baby bird was sitting in the middle of the road, just twitching his head.  I scooted him off the road so he didn't get run over.  Hopefully he was just stunned or something and came right.


ABOVE: This is probably one of the worst parts of the road.  It's 'natural' judder bars!  It's rock.

5.05 pm:  Ron took me on another Tiki Tour this afternoon.

We ended up in a little place called Coramba:


ABOVE:  It's only half an hour out of Coffs, inland a bit.


ABOVE:  AND would you believe it???  There was a fabric shop there!  This place is TINY... like blink and you are through it.
A FABRIC SHOP!  So of course Ron had to stop!
I got just a little bit of fabric and wool there.  
I'll show you tomorrow.

After our Tiki Tour, we went to the Funeral Home and picked up Mum's ashes.  That was very sombering.
We took Mum home, and Ron has her ashes in his bedroom now.

As you can imagine, it's put a real downer on the day.
But every day it gets a little easier.
The tears flow less.

7.27 pm:  Time to sign off for the day.  I've been awake since 5 am... so am bloody tired.
Going to bed far too early, hence waking up too early.
But I've no reason to stay up 'late' here.  Ron watches news channels all evening... not my cuppa tea at all.
So I come into my bedroom, watch a few YouTube videos, listen to some music and pretty much lights out by 9!

24 comments:

  1. Love the clothes mum.. very light and flowy..

    Love you both... Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:44 AM

    You have beautiful legs. Ij

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfits. Please take some more pictures. I have always wanted to go to Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good Chris. I'm missing my Aussie shopping this year. I love the choices and the fact they have colours and styles that we can't get here even if there is a store in NZ. I asked once in a NZ store why, and the answer was that Aus doesn't think we get hot enough to have lightweight white designs. Lol. Frustrating!!! I was after a particular item that I had seen over there and silt me thought, to save on weight in my case, I'd get it when home. Lesson learnt. Now if I see something I like over there for a good price I get it lol. Well within reason. It's a standing joke when the family know I'm off to the shops over there and the comment when I get back to the house is, how many tops did you get todayπŸ™„πŸ˜œ
    Enjoy your walks, something I need to do too. Stay safe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. PINK!!!!.... are we twins????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love the pink dress 😍
    And your tops too...BUT that dress is gorgeous and really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that pink dress would be super cute with a summer weight denim jacket for a date with your darling Stew xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new clothes are lovely. Well done on your walk today too. I'm sorry to hear that Steve is back in hospital - hopefully his stay is a short one and he is home feeling a lot better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:53 PM

    Jeez Stew won't be able to keep his hands off you when you get home πŸ₯°πŸ₯° ohhh poor Steve I wish they could sort it for him 😒 you're looking great chick George's Mum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooohhhh yaaaaahhhhh

      Delete
    2. Anonymous7:00 PM

      haha oh my gosh lol πŸ˜‚ 🀣
      #Lacy πŸ’™

      Delete
  10. Anonymous6:51 PM

    Love the clothes, they look wonderful on you. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good on you Chris, loving your walking posts, you don’t have to walk fast especially out in the bush, so much to look at and take in. Can I ask a personal question......your mums ashes, did she have any requests as to what she’d like done with them...eg. My daughter knows that I am to be tossed in the water at Portsea back beach, a crazy ocean beach off the coast of Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mums ashes will be scattered in the sea at Coffs Harbour with Ron's...in the future. As per their wishes.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous7:42 PM

      How lovely Chris. I did wonder what was happening ( not that it was anything to do with me. Ron and your mum had a lovely relationship
      I am glad you are seeing the area and love your new clothes
      Dee

      Delete
    3. Had a giggle at "in the future"! Much as he loved mum I can't see Ron signing up for cremation just yet! My parents were the same. Mum said she didn't care what we did with their ashes as long as they were combined so we did that and scattered them at a favourite picnic site of theirs.

      Delete
    4. Marie- that’s my neck of the woods! I live on the Mornington Peninsula.... a lovely place to be forever 😊
      AllyS. Melbourne

      Delete
  12. The new blue top loving that too just gorgeous,my Aunty lived up Coffs Harbour way. All the pics are great really stunning views.
    Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its after midnight so offically 21st so happy birthday πŸŽ‚ πŸ₯³ πŸŽ‰ 🎈 🎁 🎊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy your purchases. What a lovely place to walk. All the best to Steve. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like your blog. I like that you post every single day. And photos. I want to do one for my own "diary" of sorts. Yet, I never update it. Then I look back and wonder what the heck I have done for 6 months of quarantine and I have no clue. Your dedication is amazing. And you and all of your family have it to look back on. You will know what you gave and received for holidays.... It's actually quite brilliant.

    I am so relieved that there is no talk of surgery for Steve. I have been worried about that boy!

    Your idea of going home fitter than you left is a very good one, and quite obtainable. Especially if you can walk during your NZ quarantine. Gosh, I hope you can get outside!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday. I keep forgetting you are a day ahead of me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the polka dot dress mum.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.