Wednesday, December 12, 2018

TE AWAMUTU TODAY

Feeling ever so slightly hungover today!  Rather a novel feeling!
It's been YEARS since I drank more than 2 glasses of wine in one go.

Think it will be years till I do that again too.  lol

Just not worth the ikkk feeling the next day eh?

Right, today.  

Brylee needs to be taken over to Te Awamutu after lunch, as she's having a driving lesson there to familiarise herself with the streets over there, as she will be taking her practical driving test there in the near future.

Before that though, I am going to be sewing the new Red and Silver Tree Table Runner. I've got the lay out done, so I 'just' have to do all the stitching now.  JUST... lol... that does take some time. *smiles*

Tonight I've got another Christmas function to attend.... I'm turning into quite a social butterfly!  I'm really loving living here in Cambridge!  So many lovely girls I've met, and integrated into their social groups.  So friendly!

Such a contrast from other places I've lived.
I'm such a happier person now... I'm so thankful!

Do ya believe in fate?  Were we supposed to end up here in Cambridge when we left Auckland, instead of Hamilton?  

I believe so.
So weird, seeing as we were sure we would be living in Hamilton!

And whoops!  How did I go down that track of thought?  *sigh*

Moving on... it's gunna be a lovely day, I just know it.  There's an amazing 2nd hand clothing shop in Te Awamutu, I'm going to browse it while Brylee has her lesson this afternoon.  Yaaa!

ONWARD...

3.10 pm:  And Brylee and I are just home from Te Awamutu.  Her driving lesson went well, and we have booked her Restricted, practical test for the end of January.  That gives her time to get lots of practise in.

I did some sewing this morning... and am probably going to do some more before preparing dinner for the family, then leaving for a social event.

Here's a bit of 'TMI':  Wine gives me the shits.  Literally spent half my day in the bathroom.  Not fun.
AND I still feel seedy.  Grrrr, No more wines for me.  Well OK.. no more 6 glasses of wine!

11.30 pm:  Tonight's social event was just lovely, some ladies I knew from the FBG walking group, and some I'd never met before.  We all took along a Christmas tree ornament to swap... we played a 'keep or steal' game with them.  It was fun!

I got this one:

ABOVE:  My new Christmas ornament.  Just a little bit cute. *smiles*

Exhausted now... it's just 'go go go' at the moment!

Off to bed very soon... 

5 comments:

  1. I think Cambridge is the perfect place for you :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. If u get much more contented there in Cambridge girl u have to change your name from crabby tart to happy tart. Hope u r having a great day .I'm still doing Xmas decoration don't think I'll be done by next easter at this rate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are super sociable now! I remember you trying to find some groups to hang out with at the last place and not having much luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alcohol cause the shits - so it would have happened to matter what beverage you indulged in. I just watched an episode of Embarrassing Bodies that talked all about it! That is quite the gruesome yet fascinating show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In our house we call it "booze poos"... yet crude but true. I love that you are loving Cambridge, it really is a beautiful place and you are very lucky to be there.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.