Sunday, January 17, 2016

WATER BABIES

It was so hot yesterday, some of the family decided to jump in the spa pool.  As we have it on a cool temperature, it was perfect for cooling off in.




ABOVE:  as you can see, we have two happy water babies.  For some reason Archer didn't end up in it too.

I would have jumped in, but I was cooking dinner.
Maybe another day.

TODAY:  Open Home.  So all of the usual rigmarole.  Cleaning, tidying, getting puppies out of the garage so I can spring clean it and get rid of the puppy poop smell.  Ikkkk.... it's very strong in the mornings I can tell you!

Two more weeks and they will be leaving home.  I will miss the little darlings, but not the poop, nope, never the poop 6 puppies can produce!

So right... time to get moving AGAIN... to get this house presentable.  

ONWARD...

4.09 pm:  well it's been a very long day.  And stinkin' hot.  There has been a lot of cloud, so the humidity has been diabolical.
Getting the house ready for the open home was harder than usual today due to the heat.
And the fact that I'm so tired.

I was feeling like packing it in and just taking the house off the market, and have Stew commute to work forever.  But that would open another can of worms...cos we would have to get everything out of storage in Hamilton and bring it back here.

I'm not prepared to do that yet.  So we will keep trying to sell I suppose.

I just wish it wasn't so hard to bear right now.  It's been 6 months now, and I am just so over it all.  I'm hoping it will be easier once we don't have the puppies to look after?  Probably.

We had 4 groups through the house today.  Probably won't hear anything from them knowing our luck.

End of Day:  glad today is over.   Now looking forward to a new week, and some positivity in my outlook.  I can dream can't I?
nite nite

12 comments:

  1. GL at open house! I hope a buyer comes through soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:50 AM

    Archer was asleep lol that's why he didn't go in the spa.
    Bex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of the little ones enjoying the water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today's the day Chris, I can feel it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos Chris. Good luck for today's Open Home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping your buyer is looking thru your house this very minute. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chris, that's an awfully long time for a house to be on the market. I hope your agent is giving you good feedback. Could the price be too high? The only way to know that is to look at what is or isn't selling around you. If no one is selling then you can assume it's a dull time in the market. Remember that if you sell your place for less than you originally wanted the chances are you will get a bargain on your next home purchase too. Food for thought. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  9. Krissy I agree it's a very long time on the market. Surely the agents would be guiding you Chris and Stew as to price etc. Very very stressful time multiplied by the puppies. I'd be inclined to only do what you have to to move the puppies and clean where they are and leave the house as is! Your house will sell itself. No amount of cleaning, stressing and making lovely cooking smells will do it. There is someone who wants it. Take the pressure off yourself and the family. Change of agent maybe? Or take it off the market for a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cooling off very high on the agenda we were lake swimming to cool off, the kids looked like they really enjoyed themselves. A start of a new week tomorrow and the countdown to puppies going a little more time back for family things and hobbies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stay positive :-) it will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have my fingers crossed for you that the house sells really soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.