Monday, January 10, 2011

BACK TO NORMAL TRANSMISSIONS

Today should be a nice normal day.... sorta.  lol

This morning will be devoted to going shopping I think!  Stew got some lovely gift vouchers for his Birthday and I NEED to help him spend them.  Surly?  ha ha ha

This afternoon both kids have to visit the Dental Nurse... Griffin has a baby molar that has to come out because the adult replacement is growing out the side of his gum cos it can't get up with the baby one there.  That should be interesting. Brylee?  Well she has overcrowding going on and they want to talk to us about that... even though I have told them she is already seeing an orthodontist!  Twits.

OH and I hope to do the 'rounds' and see what you have all been up to while I've been busy entertaining visitors and being totally hungover!  lol

ONWARD...

ABOVE:  this arrived in the mail today... a lovely table runner pattern from Joy in Australia.  How sweet, she sent it to me as I'd said the one she made was so cute!  THANK YOU Joy, I look forward to making one myself now.

I have been expecting more mail .... but as it's been Christmas/New Year mail is SLOW... so if you've sent anything... I ain't got it yet!      (Specifically:  Rose-Marie & R Gibson... )

It is a gorgeous hot day out there today, Stew wants us to go to the beach after the kids dental visit.... so might even have a picnic dinner out there tonight, which would be lovely.

Until then, housework awaits.... though Stew has been lovely and done two loads of washing already while I have been blogging, what a man!
ABOVE:  his first baby molar is OUT.   Now he's 'mentally' spending all the cash the Tooth Fairy is going to leave  him tonight... shit I hope 'she' remembers, cos more often than not she forgets.  *sigh*
How much is a baby molar worth nowdays??? Considering the recession and all!  lol

End of Day:  Griffin chewed his lip while it was numb... yikes he's made a mess!!!  I am rather cross with him cos he was told not to do it... now he has to live with the pain of it.  He's such a twit sometimes.
As for the money, the consensus seems to be $5.... or thereabouts.  Hell the rate has gone up!  I hate to think how much the 'tooth fairy' has coughed up over the years in MY HOUSE!  lol
The family is watching a James Bond movie... it's not that interesting ... so I might just go do a Sudoku instead.  nite nite.

22 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:49 AM

    Oh my goodness - all the kids to the Dental Nurse at one time! Whoa! Hope HUBBY finds some good deals to buy...lol...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it goes well for Griffin!! And don't let them sell you anything for Bry if you're already going somewhere else...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a man, What a man, What a mighty good man.


    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you did a good job "HELPING" Stew spend his birthday treasures. LOL You are such a "shameless" little "hussy" ! (Meant in the nice way of course! ) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Chris, Just catching up on my reading. Happy 50th to Stew!!!! Hope you're enjoying shopping with him :-)

    Cheers, jj

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:25 PM

    tooth fairy leaves $2 at our house - may need more for a molar?

    Jackie (AKL)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh, dental work! As I have no kids I have absolutely no idea what rate the "Tooth Fairy" is paying these days. Back in my day it was a dime...guess that wouldn't go over very well, huh?

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a busy few day s you have been having Chris. Happy Birthday to the old guy. lol . $2 should be fine for the tooth fairy, but It seems maybe he has spent abit more then that

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tooth fairy $5.00 seems fair

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have no idea how much a molar is worth in today's economy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. UGH Trevor needs some pulled out. I told him I'll give him $20 if he can get them out himself lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My kids always got $1 or $2, but the fairy rumour mill has it that the going rate has gone up to $5. I wish I could get a more than 100% pay rise...... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. $5 seems to be the rate our grandies receive from the tooth fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am still trying to get over the ear-piercing! Ewk!

    School rates are between 2 and 50! Definitely worth more if you get it pulled, than a straight fall out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd probably do $2 under normal circumstances, but my parents use to increase the amount when the dentist/dental nurse removed teeth for the "bravery" factor. Maybe $4 - $5 under the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  16. how on earth did parents ever get conned into being the tooth fairy? i have to put $2 each time my kid loses a tooth! it used to be 50cents but they went to school and compared!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well Samuels first tooth was a HIT,TFF left $5 and Nana and Grandad gave him $5 EACH the vege lady and her husband each forked out a couple of dollars he ended up with $22!!!!! HE said "WOW" how many more teeth do you lose after this one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. $5 was the going rate at our house for molars too Chris.

    I'm glad things are getting back to normal after your busy weekend.

    Oh! That reminds me...I need to send you an email. I'll do that now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just caught up on your fun.

    Glad to see the pictures of the family and that video . . . poor Coco!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you had a really fun weekend. Happy Birthday to Stew. Hope you are all recovered from the party. Have fun shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope it goes well for Griffin too

    ReplyDelete
  22. Did I ever tell you the first time we took our five year old to the dentist, we found out she had ten cavities? One doesn't cost too much to fix, but ten does. Especially when the dentist can only put fillings in two teeth per visit.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.