Tuesday, January 04, 2011

2ND HEART QUILT ON THE GO!....

ABOVE:  I got a good deal done last night!  I am using up some long strips of fabric that was left over from the quilt I made Brylee 2 years ago, that's why I have the colourful horizontal sashings different from the blue sashings.... I'm hoping it ends up looking OK. 

I am amazed that the blocks are lining up so well... usually I stuff that up!  I can't see a wonky line yet... but give me time... there's 4 more rows to add on yet!  lol

Now, as for today:  well, we need to go to Sylvia Park for more of me pills.... but that's about all.  I will work on the quilt no doubt... and his nibs can potter around the house and yard and entertain the kids....

ONWARD...

ABOVE:   phew!  Almost finised the top, it just needs to be made a tad wider .... 
Stew's had a shit morning.  The cross trainer broke down so Stew has spent  ages trying to fix it.  I think he has... time will tell.

Off out and about soon, need to stretch the legs after sitting all morning sewing...

Been out, got a few bits 'n' bobs... nothing else happening really.
Having spare ribs done on the BBQ tonight, my mouth is drooling just thinking about them ribs!  They have been marinating in a Chinese Honey marinade.... oOOOOOOOoooooo, yum!

End of Day:  a peaceful evening, dinner was lovely.*  nite nite

13 comments:

  1. lovely quilt :) cant wait to see the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:31 AM

    The new quilt is pretty too! They line up beautiful! ...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh I'm liking that quilt I love the hearts and the strips of fabric they are very girly. AFTER yesterdays STINKIN hot weather we are all drained of energy and just generally tired THE LAKE got a thrashing yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours in this quilt. How on earth did you get this made so quickly? You'd give Speedy Gonzales a run for his money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your quilt is coming together beautifully.I love the colours,very pretty :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilt Chris:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is fabulous, Chris! And I love that colorful fabric on the sashing...it really works well with the heart theme. Great job!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I love your sewing skills...you are amazing! I love the new quilt! I think I am going to have to prepare ribs for tomorrow for me and the boyfriend....that sounds really really good...........you work circles around me......AMAZING WOMAN YOU ARE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You get so much done in a day - I don't think I could stand sewing that long!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your skills! I'll come again to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty quilt! It looks like there's quite a bit of detail in the hearts. Are they made from many different pieces of material? Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heh, I should have looked at the quilt post below this one first... you explained how the hearts were made. Very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilt is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.