Tuesday, January 25, 2011

BEACH AND DOGS

I doubt we will EVER take the dogs to the beach again.

Why?

Because they both got allergies to SOMETHING over there... and scratched and chewed themselves to pieces.

I have bathed them both and put  BOTH of them in cones (around their necks) ... to stop them attacking themselves more.   Hopefully their skin will heal without having to visit the Vet. 

Today:  taking the kids to the movies I think.  The weather is getting better finally... so they can also have a swim in their splash pool.... while I do something constructive .... just don't know what yet! 

ONWARD...

Nice quiet morning, doing diddly squat in fact!  Ok, I did some vacuming, but that is all.
I'm taking the kids to see a movie with Jack Black in it.. Gulliver's Travels in 3D... I hope they enjoy it.
Then when we get home we are going to pick up our CrossTrainer... Stew's coming home early so he can get the trailer etc.

ABOVE:  so .... my opinion of this film?   CRAP... utter crap, even in 3D.  The kids were not that impressed, it was slow, had an incredibly weak storyline, was bordering on ridiculous.... and it was not worth the money or time.

It didn't help that Griffin was told right from the word 'go' that I was not buying him a drink as he'd just finished a big frozen raspberry drink from McDonalds... and he said that was FINE, but then he proceeded to grizzle through the ENTRIE movie about being 'so, so thirsty'... I could have throttled him.  But I didn't get him a drink.  I pride myself on sticking to my guns... I mean what I say and I say what I mean.  FULL. STOP. END. OF. STORY.  

I had bought them an icecream and caramel corn.... Brylee didn't want her icecream afterall... so she just dropped it on the movie floor...  it's carpeted.  When the lights came  on I was so damn angry with her.  But what can you do?  I shall be sending her to bed right after dinner tonight for that total disregard for other people's property.

*sigh*

Stew came home early so he could pick up the CrossTrainer which had been repaired... while doing that he also took our Treadmill in to be assessed... hopefully we can get that fixed too.
Then we spent ages down in the garage moving things around so it all fits in better.

This weather is just dismal...so humid! 

End of Day:  spent the evening happily watching the telly and yakking with a neighbour who wants me to make a bag for her.  
DIET:  blew it today, sorry.
nite nite.

17 comments:

  1. My Dog is the same at the moment, actually pretty much she has been in her cone since early december. She has been on anti-biotics, steroids, creams, washs, but she just keeps lickingherself till she is raw. Yesterday we gave her a couple of hours with the cone off, and in 10 mins while we were busy doing something else, she made a mess of one of her paws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:32 AM

    Poor pups! You can give them 25mg. of Benedryl to help ease their itchies. What movie are you going to see. I took the grankids to see, Tangled which is darling, Yogi Bear, which is funny and Gulliver's Travels is good too, but not so much for under 6...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little guys. I wonder what it was.

    So sorry the joy of the beach does not have a pleasant aftermath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh poor dogs and you their itching drives me crazy too
    have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather is RAMPANT for fleas and cooties dry hot spells FOLLOWED by humid torrential rain!!!! animals scratching is distressing to say the least how is the Baby Bump coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chris,

    I have been reading your blog for so time now, I guess you can call me a "lurker" but I had to leave you a comment about the dogs. If they were at the beach and in the water they could be bacterial for the water.

    I know here in the states it often happens after rains, something to do with water run off and over flow. I'm know you don't want to but they might need to see a vet for some meds.

    Hope all is better some.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so sorry to hear about the dogs! And poor Teddy and Coco, having to wear those cones again. Hope it all clears up soon!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I'm glad I didn't go see that movie. I hope your dogs recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ack, what drama at the movie theatre! Bloody summer holidays almost over - thankfully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have to admit, even though i love jack black i was disappointed too, it def wasn't a good movie for Isaac (6) he was bored and i have to admit if i hadn't paid full price we probably would have left. i told him he wouldn't like it but he wanted to see it because he was a giant!

    hope the dogs get better soon!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear that I'm not the only person disappointed in a movie. My son a I went to see The Green Hornet 3D....boring as hell. I'm really pissed I wasted all that money.

    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor Puppies!! Hope they're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad that I chose Yogi Bear now. Was tossing up Yogi Bear and Gulliver's Travels.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe the salt water dried their skin?
    Sorry to hear that movie was crap. We didn't see it while it was here, but we both really like Jack Black.

    ReplyDelete
  15. CARPETED movie floors? My, aren't we high class? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope the puppies are feeling better. Sounds like a busy afternoon trying to keep the kids happy. Hope you survive summer vacations.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My girls went and saw that yesterday and didn't like it either!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.