Saturday, January 29, 2011

ONE HAPPY BOY

Our son Steve was here for his Dad's Birthday three weeks ago, when he left he told Griffin he would send him some of his old clothes.  Griffin loves wearing Steve's clothes you see....

so... for the past three weeks Griffin has been running out to the letterbox after lunch to see if his parcel from Steve had arrived... well yesterday it finally did!







ABOVE:  as you can see he was really, really happy... and he changed right there and then into some of his Uncle's clothes.  Now those yellow shorts I'm sure I bought for Steve when he was about 16....  7 years ago!   It looks weird having Griffin wear them now.... AND he's only just turned 9! (funny what makes some kids happy eh? And rather sweet)

THANK YOU Steve for sending the boy some of your hand-me-downs.  Do let me know if you need more clothes now!

Today?  Ikkkkk... wet again.  Hopefully it will get a bit nicer by tomorrow.  We have had quite enough rain thank you very much!
I have to go out and get a few things to make another bag and baby change mat for my neighbour... and some mozzie repellents!  I'm getting eaten alive by mosquitoes.  

ONWARD....

Grocery shopping... DONE
Lunch... DONE
Off to look at another house shortly.....

End of Day:  and I've fallen in love with another house!   It's in the next suburb over from our's.... it's a 100 year old villa... 6 bedrooms, 2 living areas, a TO DIE FOR kitchen... so now we have to wait before deciding what to do... as there are whisperings in the air of something else.  That is all I can say for now. 
DIET: FAIL today.
nite nite.

18 comments:

  1. how sweet andhow darn cute! you look FABULOUS Griff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is an adorable boy, Chris. Tell him he looks very cool in that new outfit.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, thats so cute!

    i wish i could get my son to try on clothes so easily...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad the storm was this weekend and not last when you were here. Bus still leaks but not quite so bad. Lakes everywhere this morning but drying out now. No paper ..road was blocked somewhere on Thames coast.

    only a couple more sleep-ins before school ....

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. How priceless Griffin in teenager clothes Steve could send him one item a month and keep him happy for a whole year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:06 PM

    How cute! So nice that he loves his Uncle so much!! I like his new outfit!! It looks just great!! ...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who knew, with all that we buy them, that some old clothes could make a kid so happy. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you gave Griffin all the new electronic stuff boys usually want I don't think he would be as happy as he is wearing his Uncles clothes. It's so touching, he looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:26 PM

    Hello,

    Have never commented before but wow Griffin looks so happy!! it is adorable!

    Surrey (Hamilton)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both my kids love hand-me-down from their cousins. Lately my kids are getting bigger and now my girl is able to wear some of my "thinner" clothes. She gets such a kick out of wearing my clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. awh - look how happy he is! Its the simple things in life eh?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute and happy!
    Watch out for mosquitos!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's cool they like hand-me-downs, when I was a kid, it was a big no-no!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is SO sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Griffin is sooo sweet but getting to be such a big boy. Just at that age where you want to hug him, but know you'd get in trouble from him for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WhisperingS??? Need to know! Lol! You are such a blog tease!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's great. My youngest son likes to wear his siblings' clothes too. Mainly his sister's skirts. Someone at the store even thought he was a girl because of the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Griffin's smile in that first pictures is priceless!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.