Tuesday, January 11, 2011

WHAT A FANTASTIC IDEA

I was reading blogs yesterday and saw a really neat idea on Judy's blog,  so I asked Stew to make me one too.
This is what Judy had:


It's a platform for your sewing machine... so you don't have to bend over so much to see as you sew! Stew made me a 'temporary' one last night to see how well it worked and it's FANTASTIC! 
But I need a more heavy duty one as the wood he used was not quite heavy enough, and it caused a lovely wee vibration as I sewed....NOT!  ha ha

Talking of sewing, I am still working on UFO's... I would like to finish all of them over the summer so I can start 'fresh' by about March/April.



ABOVE: I have this really lovely set of blue fabrics put aside waiting to be made into a quilt... I am dying to get into it.... but I won't until the UFO's are all done!  Oh... anyone got a good idea for the pattern/type of quilt this fabric would look good as, I would love to hear from you!

ONWARD....

ABOVE:  see, I wasn't kidding when I said he had chewed his lip eh!  It looks so much worse today... grrrrrrr.

UFO = Un Finished Object
PHD = Project Half Done..... both mean something you have started but not finished. (sometimes you can have a whole heap of them hidden in the bottom of the cupboard cos you just lost interest in them)  lol

Because we were worried, we took Griffin to the Doctor.  He gave him some  healing balm for the lip and some antibiotics JUST IN CASE it gets infected.  We don't have to use the antibiotics unless it gets infected.

Then we went and bought some solid wood for Stew to make the bigger/stronger sewing machine platform for me.

Ummmm...
ABOVE:  one of the 'junk' jewellery shops was selling everything for half price, so I got all of the above for only $30!!!!  How could I resist I ask you?   Im-possible!

End of Day:  well it's been a rather nice day ... kids are getting restless and bored.  Sheesh, still ages until they go back to school.  Drat.* nite nite.

19 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:06 AM

    What are UFO's?? Hate to sound dumb, but I don't have a clue. The blue fabrics are just BEAUTIFUL!!! I like the tilted gizmo yur hubby made! very cleaver!...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a clever idea for your sewing machine! :)

    and yeah...um...what do you mean by UFO?!?!? haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear, that lip does look nasty! poor lad, hope it gets better soon! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture of the lip looks like a magazine - very good!
    You always do take great pics.
    And the gizmo.... even better. How handy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just caught up after being away from the computer for a couple of weeks. It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas with almost all of your family there & a belated Happy Birthday to Stew.

    I guess next time Griffin is told not to chew his lip he will listen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you on getting through the UFO and PHD and now with the elevated sewing machine you should breeze through them!!

    GOOD LORD that lip gee I hope Griffin doesn't get Staph or any other infection then he will be sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:15 PM

    eeww ew ew... poor thing.. that looks sore.....

    Ahh - back at work for me - yesterday was HORRIBLE but today has been a weenie bit better... still yuk though...

    Anyway - have a good day!

    Kate (kittie444@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever idea, the sewing machine platform. I'm feeling a little clever myself since I knew what a UFO was (even though it is probably because you have told us before).

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooh that lip looks so painful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooohh, sparkly things! Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ouch! that looks ouchy!

    I got a new machine today! SO excited! MIght have to get Mr M to make me a nice stand for it hey?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That kid is so cute! I bet he's breaking hearts already! Hope he lays off that lip :o/

    That's a freakin awesome idea with the sewing machine too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool sewing machine device. I like gizmos like that.
    Disgusting lip picture, I don't like that.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yikes! Griffin's lip certainly does look bad! Glad that you got it looked at - just in case.

    The sewing machine base looks interesting. I have never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good god that lip looks bad. Have fun sewing up a storm.

    ReplyDelete
  16. im very secure in my manhood knowing that i read what you wrote and i still dont have one damn clue what that thing does for a sewing machine...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Owwww!!! Can't believe he chews on it so bad. :O Goodness. Seems like lately my kids have been getting hurt a lot. I feel bad for putting all tile in my house now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great idea for the sewing machine!

    Oh my goodness, Griffin's lip looks like it's SO sore!! It's a good thing you took him to the doc.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ugh on the lip! Looks like one of those things that once you've started messing with it is going to take forever to stop.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.