Saturday, June 23, 2018

WAS SHE, OR WASN'T SHE?

I thought Denim was in season last week.
Now I think NOT.
She just didn't display all the signs after the first couple of days of me thinking she was coming into season.

I'm feeling really confused now.  She only had a tiny light pink discharge for a day, nothing else.  So, it looks like she didn't have her first season after all.

And I'm worried.  Neither Marley or Denim have had their first season yet and they are 10 months old.  That is VERY LATE for their breed.

Maybe I'm worrying about nothing and they will both go into season next week!  Time will tell I suppose.

FROST here this morning.  I bet it's killed off half my succulents!  I dread going and looking.  But I will... once I can bear to get out of bed!  It's so COLD!

Our new microwave was supposed to arrive with a FREE Sistema pack.  It didn't.  So maybe we will be going into town today and picking that up?  

Missed seeing our little girls lately?  Well here they are:


 ABOVE: Yesterday, having a tug-of-war with that soft toy.  Can you tell who's who?  *smiles*


ABOVE:  Before they ripped it to shreds and put it's guts all over the house, I threw it in the bin.  They have taken to ripping all soft toys to bits now, so I am going to take them all away.  
I don't particularly like gazillions of fluffy bits all over the place!

Right... time to roll over and keep warm for a bit longer.  I'm not that keen on getting up!

ONWARD...

4.10 pm:  Well!!! Where have I been all day?

Out!  I got a text from my girlfriend Sandra, who lives in Palmerston North bright and early this morning. 
She was up in Tirau for the day, but at a loose end.  Her husband was there on a car part hunt and she'd gone along for the ride.

So... I went and picked her up and we went into Hamilton for a wander around the mall, then we met up with Stew and the kids for lunch.

After that we went back to Tirau and checked out the shops there too.

I really enjoyed spending the day with Sandra.  It wasn't what I had planned, but it was a lovely day.  



 ABOVE:  Sandra and I outside an Art shop in Tirau...


ABOVE: This driftwood man on old fashioned bike has been around FOREVER!  I'm sure I saw it first 30+ years ago!


ABOVE:  I couldn't resist getting a new piece of Polish Pottery while in Tirau... I got these two dishes to use for my lunch/dinner/soups etc.  They are so pretty.  

Sandra was supposed to go 'shopping' too, but only ended up getting a new phone case and one of these:


ABOVE: Like a PopSocket, but with a ring.  I got one too... as I had to return my PopSocket at it kept falling off my phone! 

Here's hoping this one doesn't fall off.

So, that's been my day so far!

Now it's time to just relax for a little while I think.  And warm up.  I'm freakin' cold!

Well I've been utterly lazy this evening! Did nothing but watch TV and play 2048 on my phone.  It was bliss.
I think I'm coming down with a cold... as Brylee has one, I will blame her.  I've had a mad as itchy nose since lunchtime too... it's HORRIBLE.

I think I will be off to bed shortly, so ...

9 comments:

  1. Ohhhh first big frost yes blimmin fresh down our way.. I'm working all weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oosh haven't beenoticed a first comment in like ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say something smarty pants about denim, the fabric. But I'm not.
    To me, nothing's worse than being cold. I like it the hotter, the better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey its fab to have an "out of the blue day" good for you guys catchups are always gr8

    and gr8 buys as well good for you

    Wrap up warm as its only a few days since shortest Day,,, and SOON we will be in to spring!!!


    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that ring for the phone!!! By the way, if it doesn't stick take off the original sticky stuff and put on some 3M (like that used to hold up hooks etc). Cut it to size and it works a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those unplanned days are the best and you dressed the same for the event!! Love it when that happens with friends. Love those plates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A pretty good frost here in Christchurch this morning too. Sounds like you had a lovely day with your friend Sandra - those impulse catchups are often the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a great day with a friend. I love the new bowls too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:25 AM

    Hi there, I enjoy reading through your article post.

    I like to write a little comment to support you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.