Monday, October 30, 2017

TAPE, BRAZIER AND GARDEN

So white vinegar DID NOT stop my puppies from chewing on the rug... so last resort...

 ABOVE:  Duct tape!  Might not be pretty, but it does the job.  
Just my luck the little buggers will LIKE chewing on duct tape.  *lol*


 ABOVE:  We lit the brazier last night, before it got dark, and toasted some marshmallows.
We ended up with a few VERY burnt marshmallows ... till we worked out how to warm them up without burning them!


 ABOVE:  Stew did the first few...


 ABOVE:  a smokey business, but fun.  
The brazier put out quite a bit of heat!
I think we need longer metal skewers.


 ABOVE:  Coco in Griffin's bed.  Anyone's bed will do of course, but she likes his room now,  as she can lie on the bed/pillows and look out the window at anyone passing on the road.


ABOVE:  Wandering around the garden late yesterday, and I was AMAZED at how many strawberries we had already!

And the mandarin and tangelo trees are covered in flowers!  WOW.
That one LONE Tangelo has been slowly growing all year!  I doubt it will ever ripen.

Today I have Cambridge Patchwork in the morning.  It's the first time I've been at a meeting in quite a while!  I will be working on appliqueing the anchors on the cream coloured blocks in the Nautical Quilt.

After that I'm popping out to a friends for a little while, then home to do the school run.

So... a busy day!

ONWARD...


ABOVE: Purple nails....let's see how long they last eh?

Beautiful day out there today.  I spoilt it by having a mental at Griffin this morning ... but hopefully by the time I dropped him off at school we were cool again.  I apologised for going off at him... I'm really not very nice in the morning!

12.30 pm:  Home from patchwork.  Only got one anchor appliqued on... and I think I will be unpicking it.  I went to use my big sewing machine trolley bag to get everything in the car and one of the wheels is broken!

So I took my small sewing machine instead, and it doesn't have a very nice applique stitch, plus it had the wrong presser foot on, so the stitching is not looking that flash.

Pups are having fun outside for an hour before I go and visit a friend.

Turned up expecting to spend just a little time with my friend, but instead there were 5 of us there,  and we had a lovely hour and a half chatting before a couple of us had to leave on the school run.
It's so neat having girlfriends who I can spend time with during the day!

I'm LOVING Cambridge.

I did a very little retail therapy today... and bought this:


ABOVE:  Totally gorgeous Rhino Head!  Isn't it adorable.  A total dust catcher, but heck, I got rid of so much stuff when we de-cluttered in Auckland, I felt the NEED to acquire a few replacements.   *smiles*

Dinner tonight was chicken sausages, mashed potatoes, veges and gravy.  Really nice.
Time to sign off... and get to bed.

13 comments:

  1. Don't you use the bitter apple spray sold in pet stores to keep the pups away from things they shouldn't touch? I've used it for all my dogs and they all hated the taste of that. It won't ruin fabrics or wood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, we have in the past spent many dollars buying every animal repellent known to man, and none have worked! Our pups seem to love the stuff! Denim actually tried to drink the white vinegar as I was pouring it on the rug, she really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it was the marshmallows that got toasty and not the fingers. ~smile

    ReplyDelete
  4. Find a good hair, skin and nails supplement. I take one. If I don't my nails split, crack, flake and lift. It's a combination of age and dehydrating (sorry, DC dehydrates the more you drink!). I can recommend a green and black box called Silica, but I'm not sure if it's available in NZ. It takes a few weeks to notice a difference but it is definitely worth it. I'd have shocking nails without it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a brand name that I can look for, or is it just called Silica... supermarket or chemist?

      Delete
    2. It's a chemist only product, expensive but they all recommend it as the best. Just called Silica. Green and Black box. One a day horse pill. If NZ doesn't have it, as your pharmacist for a recommendation. This is the product here: https://www.priceline.com.au/qsilica-intensive-skin-hair-nail-one-a-day-90-tablets?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIp8WX1qOZ1wIV0ohoCh0xDQHyEAQYAiABEgIqmfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

      Delete
  5. How can anyone notice your nails when you are showing the beautiful bling!!!lol Your nails do look nice though, love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:11 PM

    I use Vaseline Hand and Nail it's in a pink tube thingy at the supermarket about $7, I type most of the day and garden a lot works for Me. George's Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Chick, I will see if I can find it and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the nails are gorgeous Chris! And I love rhino. I love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the rhino head it's adorable. So you haha. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another packed full day good for you. Can't wait to see the finished quilt... I can see that brazier getting well used...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing like some time with the girlfriends to make the day better!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.