Sunday, December 06, 2020

OUR MEERKAT

 Coco can be very cute... sometimes.

ABOVE:  There she is ... trying to be a Meerkat.
Begging for food from Stew's plate.
Never gunna happen. 
Well, not while I'm looking anyway. 😊
Since I got home from Aussy, she's been on a diet!

Stew had kinda over fed the dogs ... so now they are being given less food until they have slimmed down a bit.
Not that Coco is THAT bad.  But I am very aware that it's not good for smaller dogs to get overweight.
It puts undue pressure on their organs and joints.  

Why don't we worry about our own bodies the same I wonder?  
Oh well... I might ponder that another day.


I'm still tired, so for now, I am going to roll over and grab just a few more winks until the little boys arrive.
They are coming over for a couple of hours while Steve and Bex do some gift shopping WITHOUT kids.
Dante's 8th birthday is in 11 days.

Then of course it's freakin' Christmas!

AND after Christmas?

STEW'S 60TH!  We are not planning a big party ... just a small family gathering here at our home.

It's been a hell of a year, and I for one just don't feel like having lots of people in my face.
I still feel quite rattled, like I could cry at the drop of a hat.
I know that's normal, and it will take time to get my 'happy' back.  

Sheesh, that's not what I had planned to yabber on about!  
RIGHT... I'm off to cat nap a bit longer.
See ya later.

ONWARD...

9.55 am:  And the children duly arrived.
And OMG those singing/dancing Christmas ornaments got a thrashing.
So I quietly got out some paper and pencils etc... and started drawing a little swirly design, talking to myself about how awesome the colours were.

Next thing:



ABOVE:  Little boys happily, (and quietly), entertained.
Mission accomplished.

ABOVE:  So I wanted a name for our Reindeer.
NOT Rudolf.
And this morning Stew came up with the perfect name.

RICHARD, he's the 'serious one'. He's studying to be an Accountant.

Don't ask.  Just don't.

I used to 'worry' about posting so many photos of Dante and Archer on my blog.
Because we seemed to 'favor' them over our other grandchildren.

But now I have come to realise that it's not actually our 'fault' they feature so heavily on my blog at all.

It's not down to us.  Steve and Bex go out of their way to ensure we see Dante and Archer regularly.  We LOVE that.

So, if you are a family member and wonder why your kids are not on here... ask YOURSELF why?

No more feeling guilty for us. 
And having said that:

ABOVE:  Finished masterpieces.  They are rather proud of themselves.
And even better for us, they are doing more!
It's so quiet!  😂😁😅

Lunch today is going to be home made club sandwiches.  I just finished making some cheese and onion filling.  It's so much better than ANY bought cheese and onion sandwich.

Well lunch went down very well.  After lunch the men took one of our brown leather couches over to Steve 'n' Bex's.  It was taking up too much room in our sunroom.
They are going to use it in their garage.

Then Stew and I went down to the garden center and bought some more potting mix and three water plants for the pond.

ABOVE:  When I arrived home from Australia, there were a few really lovely lily plants in the pond.
They were doing really great, not eaten at all.
Now?
All eaten!
So the pond got new plants today, hopefully ones the fish can't eat, as they are out of the water predominantly. 

See the big pot on the left, in the pond?
I had it by the front door, and constantly thought it would look neat in the pond.

What do ya think?   I like it there.

9 pm:  And it's been a nice day.  We got a few jobs done around the house and section.  The lawn got mowed.  Pulled some weeds and got the pond looking really lovely.
Now... watching some TV before bed.

20 comments:

  1. The side by side photos of the dog and the meercat are perfect! So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Sunday Chris, we too are tired. Our oldest son was diagnosed with cancer 5 weeks ago. Has been a hell of a roller coaster so far.
    The Grandies make me smile, we have one of ours living with us with her Mummy.
    We treasure the times as life can be so short

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Sandra, your comment went into my SPAM box ! Just found it. Sorry to read that your son is so unwell... very scary for your family.

      Delete
  3. Love the drawings!
    Are you making that sandwich that you shove into the round mold?
    Oh - I have a story. We saw a Mountain Lion IN OUR YARD today. My husband had thrown some bear parts (from a road kill) out there and that is what showed up to have a snack. Location: Northern Minnesota, near Superior National Forest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mountain Lion and Bear Parts. Holy Moley!!

      Delete
    2. NO not that sort today. Just lovely salad sandwiches. Bloody hell ... as Sparkling says lions and bears! No thanks. I'll stick with rats, they can't EAT ME!

      Delete
  4. Same here Chris regarding pics of grandkids and favouring some more than others...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:03 PM

    Is it Richard or Dick haha 😄 we've just finished our Christmas display OMG 4 hours sometimes I wonder why but hey big kids at heart 💙💙 George's Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little Meerkat:) I had a dog that looked very much like your dog and she too would remind me of a Meerkat by the way she would sometimes stand like your little dog as I held her. I admit that I favor certain nieces and nephews because they take the time to visit with me so I know them better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:58 PM

    Make the most of your little people. They grow up too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Dante and Archer are so good at art! Love their drawings. I think the pot looks great in the fish pond too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pics of the boys,they are growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sister lives in Minnisota, deer come into her garden, looks gorgeous in the snow. Never had a bear tho lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that pot in the pond! Karen in Qld

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:48 PM

    You pond looks amazing, all the hard work is paying off. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did u ever get the card i sent Chris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do not worry about the pics of the G/children Chris. We see more on Skype of ours in Oz than we do of the ones in the UK. Enjoy the ones you see often and if the others cannot be bothered it is their fault.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My sister in law was so incredibly jealous of the pictures of my kids at my inlaws. I'm like why are you mad that I gave them pictures and they come over? Maybe she should have sent more pictures of HER kids and brought them over. So silly.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.