Friday, December 18, 2020

TREE PLANNING

 The past few days I've been working on making a few sections for the tree.

ABOVE:  What I've done so far.

Then last night I had this 'awesome' idea for the VERY FIRST section of the tree.  But, it's going to take a bit of time to make.  I want it to be a WOW section!

That means, I might not actually put the first piece on for quite a while yet.

I am not going to even give you a hint of what it will look like either!  It just popped into my head last night and I was like - YES!  Perfect.

So of course, I'm quite excited to do it now.

So now... what am I up to today?

Dunno.  I will make a start on that tree section at some point today.

I also might go to the Base for one more Christmas thingee.  I thought I had finished my Christmas shopping the other day ... but no.

It will be interesting to see just how busy the shops are today.

Now that all schools are out for the summer, there's bound to be masses of kids there.

One thing I noticed the other day was how many shops had very low stocks of toys.  No doubt down to imports being slowed down by Covid restrictions and so on?

I'm glad I have managed to get all the toy type presents already.  

OK... I'm off to start me day.  Catch ya later.

ONWARD...

Well I'm glad I wasn't too fast out of the blocks this morning!

I was about to head out the door when Steve rung and reminded me I have the boys today!

Like in half an hour.  Whoops!  

They have Steve's Work Christmas function to attend today.  It's out at Raglan, starting at midday.

So I have the boys.  A swim sounds like a possibility today!  And more art work.

ABOVE:  The boys duly arrived.  I found our kid lifejackets, so we tried them on the boys.

Now if we have a swim this afternoon, I won't have to endure both of them clinging to my neck!

Excellent.

Lacy called in this morning.  She didn't stay long as I was cranky.  NOT necessarily with her, just cranky. She'll be back tomorrow no doubt.

DOGSTARS:  LOL!   I like little boys, they are just fine.  I have fed and watered them... and they are happily playing.

After lunch I got talked into getting in the pool with the boys.



ABOVE:  Two very happy little boys.
This is what summer is all about.
It would have been better if the sun was out, but still... it was warm enough for half an hour or so.

4.45 pm:  And I got nagged (very expertly), by those two boys, so they ended up in the pool again.  Without me!
I got to sit and watch them.
Their confidence has grown hugely since this morning!
Even Archer has stopped being hesitant in the slightest, and is reveling in his 'bravery'.

So damn cute.

ABOVE:  Both of them in the 'deep middle' of the pool!  There is no way they can touch the bottom, but they didn't care.

Dante's life jacket is too big for him.  It was OK for today, but tomorrow we will be getting him one that fits him properly.

7.45 pm:  It's been just the most lovely day.  The boys have been delightful.  I'm hoping that once they have finished their dessert they will be full to the brim, and ready for bed.

Then I can take a breath, ready for tomorrow!

Not doing much else tonight except watching TV and chillaxing.

18 comments:

  1. The toys (and my new computer) are all floating out there waiting for Auckland Ports to unload them. It's terrible, shops have no stock that was due for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a giggle at you forgetting the boys. My youngest rang this morning to remind me that we had promised to drive him to the station so he can get to his work function! Just as well as I think we would have been out visiting mother in law if he hadn't!
    Hope your crankiness subsides soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were cranky enough to scare Lacy away??!! Oh dear! How did the boys survive?

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as they were fed and watered! hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m looking forward to seeing your tree bomb. It was so much fun last go ‘round. Have fun with the boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done - I love pool safety so it's lovely to see them in the lifejackets. They will learn to swim before you know it with having access to that pool all summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:38 PM

    Nice one lads I can't even swim 🙄 even after lessons as a little tacker. How's the young fella getting on in Coff's? George's Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:44 PM

    Aww so cute. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:01 PM

    tomorrow Auntie 'life guard' will be in the pool with children lol 😂 so all will be OK lol 😂 🤣
    #Lacy 💙

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fun boys...tired lads tonight after 2 swims im guessing xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tired boys... THAT is the best thing about lots of swims!

      Delete
  11. Kiwionholidays6:26 PM

    What a neat day there
    Well done u guys

    Love Aunty coming as a chief lifeguard tomorrow 👍
    Love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful for both of them. The look on Archers face on their first swim compared to the second say it all about his confidence. Summer is going to wonderful in your pool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie7:13 PM

    I suspect you're right about the stocks being low due to covid. Between Covid, Christmas and Brexit our delivery and mail system in the UK has started to buckle under the pressure. Missing several important parcels and little hope of finding what's gone on with them and deliveries that should take 1-2 days are taking 10-14 days instead. Nightmare.

    Love your pool - looks like the boys had a lovely day with you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was fun to watch Archer in the pool:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Many stock issues here as well. Looks like a lovely summer day. Hope you are feeling a little more chipper tomorrow, from one grumpy pants to another. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait to see what you do to the tree!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.