Saturday, December 26, 2020

BOXING DAY

 Well... it's traditionally the day to go and shop till ya drop, taking advantage of the Boxing Day Sales.

But not for us.  We've only done that a very few times, but usually we don't.  It's just crazy in the malls and no fun at all.

So, today will be a quieter day here at home.

Yesterday, Archer accidentally left one of his soft toys here.

Marley found it and had a good go at eating it, but I managed to retrieve it off her before it was ruined.

ABOVE: She REALLY loved that soft toy, and tried several times to get it back.  She was really sad when I said NO.

ABOVE:  So, I went down to the Tin Shed to find some baby toys she might like to play with instead.

But NO.  She had ABSOLUTELY no interest in them at all.  She was rather dejected.


ABOVE: So this lot came back with a couple of soft toys to see if she would like either of them.

How lovely of them!


ABOVE: She instantly fell in love with this little white bunny.  

ABOVE:  Not only did she love the bunny, she kept snuggling up to Archer with it in her mouth.

She loves Archer just as much as Archer loves her.  It's so sweet to these see two together.


ABOVE:  I gave the dining table a re-vamp.

ABOVE: Gorgeous flowers in my garden.  I just LOVE these Gladiolus... I'd love to get more!  I only have three in this garden.  Those two above I brought over from Cambridge, and the one on my dining table was already here.

Same with my hydrangeas, I am going to get more.  I noticed some of my neighbours have them... so I might go begging for cuttings at some point.

ABOVE:  Last night I moved the couch and chairs a bit.  There is another change about to happen in here too.  Nothing major as it's too small a room to do much.

But you can bet ya bottom dollar I'm gunna show ya... later!

ABOVE: This area of the sun room is going to change a bit too.

Right, time to get up and start the day.

If you are gunna go shopping ... HAVE FUN, and try not to get frustrated and throttle anyone!

ONWARD...

12.47 pm:  And it's been a busy morning.


ABOVE: While Griffin was still here, he helped Stew move this china cabinet from the sun room, into the lounge.


ABOVE:  I then moved all my Britto from one side of the lounge to the other, therefore getting it out of the thoroughfare.

ABOVE: Then the majority of the stuff that was in the 2nd china cabinet (from the sun room) went into what was the Britto cabinet.
I have room in it, which is lucky cos...

ABOVE:  I have found a new 'collection'!  And we have ONE PIECE so far.


ABOVE:  Dr Seuss figurines.  I already have my eye on our next one.  It's Cat In The Hat of course!  So far I've only seen about 5 pieces in Acquisitions.  So it might be a very slow growing collection.

ABOVE:  Our Britto Cabinet is rather full!  But, there is still room for more. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜


ABOVE:  The sunroom is looking way less cluttered now.  Once Brylee leaves home (in the freakin' distant future), we can put a couple of chairs down there, or just the kids toys.

And that's me for now... having lunch, then MIGHT venture out.

3.48 pm:  Well.. Stew and I decided to go to The Base.  To see just how busy it was. 

ABOVE:  It was so busy they had opened up a couple of areas of undeveloped land between The Base and Harvey Norman's for parking!  I'd never seen that before.

As for what it was like in the mall?

CRAZY busy. We didn't spend too much time inside the actual Mall as it was just so congested with people.

I did manage to get some more Foundation and nail polish etc, 40% off PLUS another 10% off with our Staff Card (courtesy of Brylee, who works at Farmers). 

That's one of the few bonus's of still having her living at home!

Gee Wizzz.... it's SUPER QUIET on here today!  I hope you are all having a fabulous day... not stuck inside reading blogs (obviously lol).

I don't mind, really I don't.  Just glad you are probably having fun with friends and family.

10.20 pm: Well... it's that time of the day.  Been a quiet evening... had left overs for dinner.  Probably be the same tomorrow night as well.

It's just what ya expect after Christmas!

Catch ya tomorrow.  

18 comments:

  1. How funny that Marley has such a specific toy preference.
    I would like to turn you loose in my house to see what arrangement you might come up with!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiwionholidays11:07 AM

    The wee toy that Marley loved n that we Archer n her,,, priceless

    You can see the love n doesn’t it show on Archers face?
    Love all the pics n get togethers so neat so many are close by , and the colour on the gladioli are so neat,,


    Cool weather for us for a change , so DH watching cricket ๐Ÿ (now all the early morning stuff is done ) on Foxsports at the Mount ,
    Looks like a nice fine day there so hope it is at yours as well ,

    Loved the pic of you and Keera think it was last night .

    Enjoy the day ,

    Cheers ๐Ÿฅ‚

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:04 PM

    HELLO ๐Ÿ‘‹
    #Lacy ๐Ÿ’™

    ReplyDelete
  4. Listening to the traffic passing our house this morning, I'm guessing our shops were stupidly busy too. I'm hibernating today. Oh and must add, I love, love, love that photo on yesterday's blog of you and Keera (plus loved your outfit - that colour combination really suits you) ๐Ÿ™‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š

      Delete
  5. Not sure where the majority of your readers are from. But it is Christmas here in the USA. That could account for some absent readers. We did our Christmas yesterday. Today we are just bopping about without much plan or direction.
    My MIL has a sunroom in her house. She spends more time in that room than any other. She has some comfy chairs and a little tv in there and that is where she hangs out. Not the big living room with the big tv. So, I suggest getting some cozy chairs in there asap - and just enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 'top' part of our sunroom has a lovely comfy couch in it... and it is really nice sitting there. It's such a relaxing area.

      Delete
  6. Clean up day here....my decorations will stay up for a bit longer to much work putting them all up to take down to soon stay up until at least after my birthday. Been avoid the shops but did manage to get few things from mitre 10 i wanted a weedeater and some more rope lights for the edge of lawn just realised both purcgases are for the edges lol. Back to it....loved the photo of Marley im guessing the boys are minecraft nuts lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Working today, reading your blog in lunch break. Then be home to take down decorations reading for Master W birthday tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas for yesterday!!!!! And have a FAB new year xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our little dog has a few toys she's obsessed with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Out with family yesterday today and tomorrow. On Monday I think my liver will leave home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas! I love Dr Seuss, they are wonderful books. Enjoy the new figurines x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christmas Day for me was quiet, cooked the full turkey dinner with all the trimmings, we will be having leftovers for today, tomorrow, and the day after, if you know what I mean.
    It snowed all days yesterday, this morning I measured the amount on our patio table eleven (11) inches and we could have flurries today. OK its been a White Christmas now take it away.
    Here in Ontario, we are not in lockdown until Jan 28th. Hoping everyone followed the advise of health officials and stayed home. Not counting on it, so expect to see an increase in the number of cases in a couple of weeks.
    Have a great day, everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rereading this comment.....I need to type correctly. We are NOW in lockdown.............

      Delete
  13. Anonymous9:41 AM

    My mum and I loved the story of Marley and the toy. Just proves they're like humans. But how gorgeous that the boys found some toys that she liked. So cute. They are wonderful boys.great parents and grandparents . Kj

    ReplyDelete
  14. As with Christmas, Box Day is cancelled here. All non essential shops and businesses are closed till January 11th, thus far. Nice to see people out and about enjoying life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute, she probably liked the toy because it smelled like him?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.