Thursday, December 17, 2020

A COUPLE MORE

 While we were out together yesterday, Stew came up with a couple more ideas for names for the thingee.

FAB - Fluro As Bro

LAMS - Look At My Shop

And after quite a lot of thought... I have chosen:

TAG
'The Attention Grabber'

It wasn't on the list until the last second!

So there ya go, I have a TAG, not a flag.

So today I am open again from 12 - 6 pm.

Before that... I actually need to do some housework.  I've been a bit tardy the last couple of days and done bugger all.

ABOVE:  Last night, Dante opening his present from us.
He bugged us all night to start painting them!  But he had to wait until today.
That was one easy as birthday present!  I've got plenty of rocks around the pond.  😂😅😆

And now... I really need to start my day. So, catch ya later.

ONWARD...

10.45 am:  And me jobs are done, so I've opened the shop early.  I've already missed one potential customer, she pulled up, got out of her car... saw I wasn't open and left again.  I was not able to get outside in time to let her know she was welcome to come in. Bugger.
I hope she comes back.

KJ:  Yes I put the painting 'kit' together.  Wasn't hard!

I've gone back to not sleeping too well.  So frustrating.  I was finally getting a proper night's sleep these last couple of weeks.  And now I'm back to waking up all the time.  It is purely having too much on my mind that's doing it.

I feel like there are too many balls up in the air, and there is not a lot I can do about it.
It's just too hard to stop THINKING, worrying, stressing out.

I had a professional lady, who had never met me before;  tell me yesterday I needed to look after myself because it was obvious my blood pressure was too high!  I knew this, she didn't need to tell me.  


In the New Year (February or March), Stew and I are going to take a much needed break.  Just the two of us. We are hanging out for that.

In the meantime, while I am absolutely FURIOUS about some things/people... I just need to let it go.  KARMA... thank you.

I just saw this on Facebook and thought, "Yes, that about sums it up" :

Facebook is full of 'sayings' that you can totally relate to. 
It's a sad indication of how screwed up and dysfunctional some people/families are. We are no exception.

It's a given there will be situations that arise where there is conflict, particularly when (for us), there's so many people in our family (immediate and extended).  So many strong personalities who clash!

I just thank god we do get on with some of them!  Those who choose to not get on with us, or each other?  NOT MY PROBLEM.  

OMG, I'm sure I wrote something like this many years ago.  Clearly things have not changed.
Just different situations to clash over. 

Gotta love my life, it really does feel like 'Days of Our Lives' more often than not. 

Right NOW we have three BIG issues on our plate.

- a Very Serious Criminal Charge against an extended family member.

- Access issues with a grandchild.

- And just to cap it off... issues over aspects arising from my Mum's death.

OMG I can't wait until 2020 is OVER!

I just got the washing out.  Sorted my lunch.  Sorted dinner. Yelled at the dogs for barking at the neighbour's visitors over the fence. 

Trying to get motivated to DO something productive.
It's not working.

I just LOVE sitting here, on my laptop, reading stuff, watching stuff, writing stuff.  Lots of stuff going on!  😋😊😉

ABOVE:  Well there ya go.  I'm not being totally slothful after all.  Been making strips for me tree.
I've not decided when I will actually start putting stuff on said tree yet.
Any ideas from you fullas?

While you think about that... I shall carry on.

I had two ladies in the shop just after lunch.  No sales, lots of compliments though. They were nice ladies, out for a walk in the middle of the day! A bit crazy... it's really hot out there again today.

Brylee got home from work early today (short shift), and she had a swim.  Envious.  I might have one with Stew when he gets home.

9.15 pm:  Well, dinner tonight was 3 different salads, Chicken steaks and onion rings. It was delicious.
And after that... too full to go for a swim.
So we are sitting watching some programme on TV about a billionaire and his Mansion's renovation. Crazy money spent on a house!

And after that?  Coronation Street.  Yaaa.

23 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:51 AM

    Awesome. Did you buy it or put it together? Kj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:03 AM

      Think Kj means was it a rock painting kit or did you put it together yourself

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:30 AM

    Oml that was so Neat 😊 💯 👌
    happy you guys had a great arvo xx
    #Lacy 💙

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:30 AM

    I laughed so loud I almost woke the neighbourhood up lol 😂 🤣
    #Lacy 💙

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:16 AM

    I love the TAG. I love how kids need a helper to unwrap presents at that age lol
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tag is a great name for your "thingy" to attract your customers. Good luck, hope it works.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. The video was so funny. The kids were in their own little world as Dante unpacked the box. I don't think they were listening to any of the adults. Near the end of the video, Dante seems a little concerned that his younger brother thinks he can use it too. ha! Just too cute! That was a neat gift. I hope you show some of their painted rocks when they've had a chance to paint them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really feel for you, so sorry you have all these things going on that are beyond your control and yet impact you so hugely. Good heavens! No wonder you are not sleeping, any one of those would do most people in.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:30 PM

    I’ve been feeling unwell, I had a migraine and stomach wog at the same time. I went to the Doctor yesterday, found out as a consequence of pain my blood pressure shot up to 165/111. It’s a horrible feeling and hopefully will go down once I’m feeling better. Like you we have family issues, a family member was accused of something and it needed a lawyer to stop it. I ask myself will it ever end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has certainly been a shit year for you. Unfortunately (and I hate to piss on your parade) but none of these big issues are going away any time soon, they will be around for most if not all of 2021 :-(. Hopefully nothing else crops up because any on of those things would be enough to make me a wreck, let alone all 3 ongoing & at once.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kiwionholidays4:43 PM

    Aroha n thoughts travelling across the tassie to you all there

    Things will work out in the end stay strong together.

    Love the bright colours for the tree n the pool .
    What a brill idea it was to get that put in when you bought there,,

    Loadsa happy pics n times 💐💐💐

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well those three issues definitely sound like enough to give you high blood pressure. Hoping you get some resolution soon, people are weird aren’t they? Happy birthday to Dante for yesterday. What a great gift idea 🎁

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear your list of sleep depriving worrisome thoughts. That sounds rather stressful. I HATE crap rambling around your head at bedtime. That seems to be when it happens. I guess, during the day, we are busy doing 'day" things. Then you lay down for the night and all this "crap" pops into your head. Mine too.
    TAG is a good name for the thing. I am still rather amused at "hooker" but for obvious reasons - I can see why you don't approve. Tag is easy, rhymes with Flag. It works.
    Was I right? It is time to decorate the tree again?
    That's fun.
    I just hope you don't have to go into LOCKDOWN again. I , on the other hand, don't feel safe without LOCKDOWN rules in place. I am actually afraid of maskless people and will stay 100 feet away from them. Canceled Thanksgiving AND Christmas. Going to try to stay alive until we can get the vaccine, or the Pandemic ends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry you are going through so much family crap Chris. We too have had our fair share over the years.
    We haven't seen 3 of our grandchildren for quite a while.
    To be honest we don't even know our youngest grandson's middle name.
    Our oldest daughter has made choices but will also have to deal with the consequence of those sometime in the future.
    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous8:29 PM

    Sorry you have so much crap going on. Hope it’s sorted soon. KarenAK

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely go for the tree. You need something else to concentrate on. Though those problems of yours are always going to be at the back of your mind. I do hope 2021 brings peace - of mind

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your grandsons will love the rock painting. My granddaughters all loved it .

    ReplyDelete
  17. We can choose our friends but not families. There will always be those who cause problems. I am sorry you have more from them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope the craziness calms down for you. Do take care.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pop into the chemist for a natural sleep aid. They don't make you drowsy but turn your brain off. So when you do wake up, you go back to sleep faster. Swisse do a good one, as does Blackmores. But see what's available over there. Usually you take 2 half an hour before bed. Some you need to take another dose when you go to bed, but the ones I like, you don't need to. Hopefully you'll find some relief.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish I could do like you do when family shit gets out of hand. You always find ways to keep it from getting to you. I, on the other hand, sit and dwell on family crap until my whole day is ruined, and my mood is so bad that I cant even think a civil thought about anything. I know, I know, it's a terrible obsessive habit to get into, but nothing boils my blood like family bullshit. I love the way you try AND succeed to just focus on what's important to you and let the trouble makers stay out of your way.
    I find you and your blog very inspiring, and I love the way your life makes me want to make positive changes for mine.
    Thank you Chris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely comment Laura!

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.