Friday, January 23, 2009

TEDDY UPDATE:

*******HE'S SAFE*******

Stew was in panic mode, I was here at the Internet Cafe blogging and there was Stew, frantically running up and down the street calling "TEDDY, TEDDY" at the top of his lungs. Several neighbours came out and said they had seen him running up the road... then one lady came out and said she thought he was in her backyard! So he was, the little shit!

He sure gave us a huge fright, all I could think of was that the pitt bull next door would get him! Funnily enough the guy next door came out and assured Stew that his dog loved other animals and would NOT hurt Teddy... apparently his dog just goes for PEOPLE (his words, not ours)! NICE.

Stew and I both think Teddy was trying to follow me, as he did run down the drive when I left in the car and I had to get Stew to come and get him.... he was just trying to find me I think! So sweet. He's ain't getting the chance to leave the property again though, he's on his lead now and will stay that way when we have the doors open.

So, panic over.... and TODAY? More of the same, sunbathing, beach.... kids having a whale of a time.... me? Kinda enjoying it... but still want to go home!
Tomorrow we are going to take a day trip over to Whangamata, which is about an hour's drive from here... we havn't been there in years so it's worth a ticky tour to go see. There are more SHOPS over there too ... NEAT!

WE plan on heading home on Sunday, going via Coromandel to visit my friend F.... so that should be a lovely day too!

WEIGHT/FOOD? shit, shit, shit. Not been that good at all. I sat on the beach the other day and had a cry, hating myself, hating being fat again, and thinking "Why did I let myself get fat again?" ... and then came home and stuffed my face. WTF?

LATER....
Late afternoon and we decided to take the kids down to the park by the wharfe... this is where I used to play as a kid:
Mercury Bay, with the boats coming up the estuary towards the wharfe...
In this photo (above) I'm standing on the wharfe looking out towards the bay, this is the spot where we believe my Dad fell in and drowned in August 2000... there was no barrier fence back then.
The wharfe as it is now, back in 2000 the old Game Fishing Clubrooms were still situated on the wharfe, my Dad did all his drinking there! It was an old two story building, I miss it!
Today while I was on the wharfe a small boat came in with a big catch:


THE BOAT....



THE FISH THEY CAUGHT, A BLUE FIN MARLIN!

IT WEIGHED 196.4 KILOS... caught on a 24 pound line!

It was very exciting for the kids (and me) !

End of Day: very exciting day! Loved seeing the fish... even if it was sad for the fish! Someone is going to be eating that fish for a bloody long time! nite nite.

21 comments:

  1. Glad you found the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew! So glad to hear that teddy has been found! What a worrying wee while for you all! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris,

    OHH Yay I nearly cried when I read your post last night, that is my worst nightmare to lose one of my girls.
    As for the food thing, take it one day at a time. At least you are thinking about it and not pretending its not an issue like some many other people do.
    Be kind to yourself too... Or I will grr at you ok !!!!

    Big HUGS

    Vic

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that Teddy is OK. What a scare!

    By the way, you look GREAT tanned! I totally agree with what you said about fat looking better tan! That's why I spend so much time by my pool! ha! Anything helps, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know just how you are feeling, I have a new start every day, which lasts to about 3pm, then its a feeding frenzy till bedtime....I need my jaws wired up...stupid thing is I can control/lose weight in winter, pile it on in summer. Have a neat weekend.Oh thank God Teddy is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good news on teddy lil shit lol wanted his mum hey
    you are looking good chris dont worry about the weight your on holiday it will happen you have proved that you can do it and it WILL happen
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you found Teddy!
    The weight will come off believe me, it takes alot of work!
    Seemed when I knew I had to face the scales I ate anyway, now I watch it alot better that I don't have to weigh in every week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We almost lost our Ruby Lou when we were on holidays because I went out in the kayak and she tried to swim after me (in the totally wrong direction) and had to be rescued. Its scary how much you can grow to love them.
    On the weight thing. The only thing you can change about the past is the way you allow it to affect the future. Before, you lost weight REALLY quickly. You didn't have time to get your head around it. You probably never felt good, even as a thinner person. I think you should try to maintain your weight while you work on the issues that made you fat in the first place. We all have issues. Its so important to work out why you have your armour on before you can really shed it forever.
    Thinking of you,
    Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:25 PM

    I don't understand that either! That we can be angry at ourselves for eating an then eat cos we are angry at ourselves! Grrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:41 PM

    Chris, your smiley photos are the best like the one on the boat. Who cares about the frownlines lol. Geez girl at work here just won $835 on pokies next door. CRAP... I could do with that. But I never play with them or buy lotto so it wouldn't have happened anyway. However, she's shouting afternoon tea now !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such good news re Teddy !!

    I've been through the 'Wy the hell did I put this weight back on' thing.

    However, I've now decided it is no use crying over spilt milk and I just need to plow onwards.

    Just wish it was as easy to take off as it was to put on!!! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a relief - Teddy home safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:50 PM

    Wow - your gorgeous beach pictures have inspired me to take Guy to the beach tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a horrible feeling when you think your pet has escaped.

    Glorious pictures though feel sorry for the Marlin, such a waste I reckon, would do more good being alive in the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank goodness he is safe and sound. Sorry to hear you are feeling down about the weight. Take a breath and relax, you can do this. Have a fun remainder of your beach holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Other than a terrifying next door dog and losing Teddy, sounds like fun! That fish is HUGE! I guess I'm very "uncultured" about fish since I'm landlocked in Missouri, but I was sure it was a shark at first!

    You know, I hadn't even thought about visiting New Zealand as a honeymoon destination >.< Now that you are showing such pretty pictures, I might have to start pricing it out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so pleased you found Teddy...I can't afford to fly over and help search at the moment!! :)
    It looks like a beautiful spot where you are staying.
    You are on holiday...lighten up on yourself a bit. Getting out of routine and all that doesn't help with the eating front....you will get back into the groove in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow wow wow. Scary about the dog. Incredible beach! Incredible catch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So, so glad that Teddy was found safe and sound - we've been there with our dogs and I know exactly how it feels.

    There's something psychological about the weight loss thing isn't there? It never makes sense - beating yourself up and then seeking comfort in food, but if it did we wouldn't gain weight. We'll all work it out one day, if only there was an easy answer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow that's a big ass fish! I always forget to come back and read the rest of what you post. How sad about your dad :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad you guys found Teddy. That's just too scary.

    Boy, that is a big catch.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.