Saturday, January 17, 2009

CAR SHOW... OH JOY

This trike was about the only thing that caught my eye.

Blogger is playing up and won't let me re-position these photos, so you get them at the top of the post, instead of later on in the day!
It's 7 pm. It's been a long, hot tiring day. All I can say about the Hotrod Show is... THANK GOD I TOOK A BOOK. It was too hot, the sun beat down on us ... Stew got sunburnt, I got crabby and retreated to the car to read me book.
Once you have looked at a hundred cars, the last thing you want to do is look at a thousand more.... Stew felt the same... but Griffin loved it. *sigh*



Idiots on bikes.. Stew took these, I was in the car.



We stopped in at Remuera to visit Stew's Step Mother, it was her birthday today, 89 and going strong. The kids played on this lovely old Pohutakawa tree in the park next door to the rest home.


*******************************************************************************

Stew promised Griffin they could go to the Kumeu Hotrod Show... so that's what we are doing today!



THIS (above) is what Griffin wants to see



And THIS (above) would tickle Brylee's fancy!

I am hoping to find a few shops there as well.... cars are NOT MY THING.... unless I'm buying one that is! lol


Stew's sister has her Art Gallery out that way too, so we shall get the pleasure of visiting her as well...

Wish me luck with the diet today as I'm sure there will be hotdogs and chips, candy floss and so on to tempt me.
LATER...
End of Day: read the top bit to find out what we did after the morning! Mucked up post! Anyway, we are all very tired and hot... and there is a lot to do tonight as we are off to the beach for a few days tomorrow.
Don't really feel like going, but it is there to be used (beach house) so better go!
nite nite.

8 comments:

  1. I am with Brylee, pretty and pink. Art Gallery, now that sounds like fun. Good luck with the bad food everywhere, my weakness is churros, deep fried with cinnamon sugar. Yummy!! Sounds like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PACK LUNCH! Take water and snacks with you so you aren't derailed. I go everywhere with an esky these days. Takes five minutes and tastes a hell of a lot nicer then the crap that they sell at those places. Have fun!
    Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN. I'd go shopping too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what is candy floss? hhmm, never heard of it. Have fun today and send me some warm weather would ya?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have done the same & retreated to the car :) Have fun at the beach. The weather here has been so hot but looks like big black clouds on the horizon tonight. Did you get invite I sent last night??
    Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good book trumps a car show anyday in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the cars thing - reading a book while sitting in one sounds so much more exciting ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. That trike does look interesting. Does it really work?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.