Saturday, October 21, 2017

SUBTLE CHANGE

So I moved a few things around in the family room yesterday, just the couch and two of the chairs mainly.




ABOVE: I took the little couch away from the window and put it there, and then put the two 'extra' recliners by the window, giving the room a more open feel. It does feel bigger and roomier now.

But still a nice 'cosy' seating/conversation area. Now if I'm in the kitchen, no one has their back to me either.




ABOVE:  Both puppies like to lick my feet!  I shall not be discouraging them!
They are slowly getting to know our home.  When I walk them out of the garage, then both run into the family room straight away.  If they deviate, they get all hesitant and back away from unfamiliar territory.

I took Denim into the lounge last night and she didn't like it at all.  Poor girl.

So... today.
I might as well say it... cos someone else will otherwise.  It's my birthday.
59!  Last year in me 50's.  Scary shit that.  I sure in hell don't feel 59!
My body does sometimes, but my mind?  Nah.
In my head I still feel like a 30 year old!
Is that weird?  Do other people feel like that?
*sigh*  

We have no plans for the day.  Just another Saturday really.  Don't expect to even hear from half me kids.  Makes me sad most years, so I'm not going to dwell on it.  Love those who love and care about you is my take on life now.

I have some loving family and some amazing friends, what more could I ask for?

I will probably work on getting those three anchors onto my Nautical Quilt today if nothing else. There was talk of grocery shopping, but seriously, I ain't doing THAT on me birthday!

So I got up, put the puppies outside for a run around, and went in to join Stew and Keera in the family room.

And I got to open my present from Stew and the kids:


ABOVE: It's a lighthouse wine cooler, though in my case it will be cooling Diet Coke!  I am loving this range!  We have a little dog in this line as well.  It's made of old 44 gallon drums.  Love it.

We have visitors... so I will be back later. Having a lovely day.... AND ...  I have heard from 5 out of 6 of my kids.  That's a record!!!

After lunch we had a lovely visit from Jacqui and Martyn and kids from Taurnga.
So a very nice afternoon and evening with them.

ABOVE:  They arrived with flowers and cake, and that cake was super moist and delish!

 ABOVE:  The two little girls having fun walking up and down Martyn's back!  He was so tolerant!

ABOVE:  But when Jacqui thought about walking on him, the wee girls said 'NO'!  lol

ABOVE:  Cake time for ME!  I don't think I have done a cake blowing out photo of me before?  Can't remember, it's always someone else blowing out the candles.  *smiles*

So, it's been a lovely day today.  And tomorrow is going to be fun too.

Time to wind down, and wait for Coronation Street!  lol

39 comments:

  1. Happy birthday.....all the best for a great day and a great year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Chris! I'm only slightly younger than you, and I still feel 21 inside. Sadly my body doesn't feel or look 21. Hope you have a lovely day, and definitely no grocery shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara Anne8:11 AM

    Happy Birthday to you! Methinks you're only as old as you feel so don't bother with the number.

    I'm about to be 66 and a half but there are many 10 year olds who are taller than I am, and it's been that way for decades. I've been quilting for about 24 years and it's keeping me young! Too much fun, doncha know?!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Chris - I know what you mean about not feeling your age. I'm now 61 and the only reason I know I'm older is when people react differently to me for example in the supermarket the cashier called me "dear" the other day. What? That's for old people. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Chris. I hope you'll have a lovely day. 🎂

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday. To you have an awesome day with kids puppies and sewing..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, enjoy your day xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:02 AM

    Happy birthday to you. Have a great day with no grocery shopping (maybe other sorts of shopping though!). Audrey from Rotorua

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Chris, I hope you have a great day. I usually only hear from half my kids too. It's just another number because I can't be a couple of years younger than you !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lorraine9:09 AM

    Happy Birthday Chris.I know where you are coming from re not hearing from family on this great day.I may hear from 2 if I'm lucky.Cherish your time with those who are with you the most.

    Southgirl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11:52 AM

    Happy Birthday! love your present...

    I know how you feel about still being young inside..I feel the same and I know nearly everyone does...having worked in nursing and also many years in aged care everyone always feels the same. My mother who was 94 1/2 when she passed away this year was the youngest most positive person I know (inside) but she was young on the outside as well..she had no wrinkles and people commented on that so often even in the last days...

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a happy birthday from one of your older (71) blog readers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Chris! Hope you have a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday you young thing you. Have a fabulous day. Love the wine cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy, Happy Birthday Chris!! Love the lighthouse!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the lighthouse..

    Happy Birthday Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday hope u have a fab day xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday Chris! I hope that you have an awesome day xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday hope you have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I said happy birthday at 12.something am via fb, but again Happy Birthday Ma xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy birthday to you! 🎉❤️🍰🎁🎉❤️🍰🎁

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous5:27 PM

    Happy happy birthday Chris, you seriously don't look 59. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy birthday!!!! Hope you are enjoying the day!!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. ^^^^^ from Christy x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous7:39 PM

    Happy Birthday Chris!
    Sharnee, Melbourne. Australia

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous photo of you Chris! Great to see you were treated to cake and flowers - what lovely friends you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Birthday Chris. Looks like you have had a lovely day. Nice photo of you with the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Birthday babe :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. For me, getting older seems like I stay the same, and everyone else gets younger. I remember when everyone driving a car was real old. I used to go to the doctor, and it was an old man. The police were all ld people. Now, little dids are driving cars, The police are all youngsters, I go to the doctor and it's a little kid.
    I'm still the same, but everyone around me gets younger,

    ReplyDelete
  33. That's a lovely pic of you with the cake. Happy 59th!
    Belinda x

    ReplyDelete
  34. sorry I missed your birthday! Happy belated birthday! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  35. Anonymous2:11 PM

    Happy Birthday Tart!!!! I don't feel my age either so you are not alone!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Happy belated birthday looks like a great day! I've been reading your blog for about 10 years since I remember when you were turning 50!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy belated birthday, great to see you got cake and candles and great the kids were in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Belated Happy Birthday. Have a great year. Looks like you had a very busy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a lovely day. I too remember your 50th... how time bloody flies!

    Got to say that you are looking fantastic in that photo, I can really see your recent weight loss, Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.