Tuesday, October 24, 2017

KNOWING MY LIMITS

So... I have been giving the very last Fat Bottomed Girl's walk a lot of thought.

It is, in it's entirety, about 9.7 kms long.  Our leader has offered us the option of doing it in two sections.

So that's what I am going to be doing this week.
I really don't think I'm up for doing it all in one go.  I don't want to push myself and end up injured, or unable to move the next day!

So, this morning I am doing the SECOND half of St Kilda, so that I can 'finish' with one of our lovely ladies who I've done heaps of walks with.  Marjorie is having a knee replacement operation on Friday!

She has done SO WELL to do the entire Urban Challenge with a bung knee!

Then I will be doing the FIRST HALF of St Kilda on Friday with another girl who I've done heaps of walks with  (Gwen).  So, by Friday I will have completed the Urban Challenge!

In fact, my very first walk was lead by Gwen, so it is rather fitting that I finish the Urban Challenge with Gwen as the leader of the walk.  *smiles*


ABOVE:   Grrrrr!


ABOVE:  Another cute little one of them playing.

They have very sharp teeth, so often hurt each other!

After my walk this morning I am going to come home and get those three anchors appliqued onto the cream blocks in the Nautical quilt.  Then it will be put away until I'm ready to get it professionally quilted.  
There is no way I am going to be able to do it on my machine, it's too big!

So, a busy day ahead.

ONWARD...

The weather held for us, and I got the first section of St Kilda done this morning with Linda H.  We met up with the group of girls doing the entire walk, and walked the last half with them, then we went to lunch at the local cafe.

It was more like a restaurant though, but still lovely.


 ABOVE:  I don't know how this photo even got taken... but it was meant to be! There is Gwen (left), who I did my first ever 2 walks with, and Linda, who got me started in the first place!

And my arm, with my 'Never Stop Dreaming' tattoo... appropriate somehow.


 ABOVE:  The group from this morning's walk, with Linda and I included.


ABOVE:  Just Linda and I, as we are the first girls to do 'only' half of St Kilda. Bring on Friday, we shall knock off the other half, and be DONE!

9.40 pm:  And it's been a busy afternoon and evening.
After feeding the family dinner, I took myself off to a new group I've joined.  We played cards tonight, there were 7 of us, of which, 5 were Fat Bottomed Girls.

I got introduced to a new card game called 'Scum'... it was fun!  Still haven't got my head around all the rules, but I will be watching some You Tube videos over the next couple of weeks so I'm more 'up to speed' on it for the next time.

Time to chill out at home before heading off to bed.

It's been an EXCELLENT DAY.  *smiles*


7 comments:

  1. Hi Chris, the pups are precious. So is Stew! ~smile~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a question about the brazier...what do you do with it?
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine sitting out on a cool summer evening (or winter for that matter) and sitting around an open fire, toasting marshmallows, or putting a grill on the top and cooking whatever. Or just sitting around the fire chatting. It's for cooking on/heating/or just for the ambiance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh ok I get it! I thought fire must be involved somehow! I get it!

      Delete
  4. Love the puppies I would waste half the day just watching them play :-).

    Good idea splitting that long walk, you would only frustrate yourself if you pushed it too much & ended up not being able to walk for a few days due to injury.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soon you will all be the Bony Butt Girls at this rate! I love all that purple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are looking great Chris. It sure makes a difference, good on you. Time for me to find a group. My glucose levels have risen heaps. Drs put me back pin Metformin. I hate it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.